Masks with two year olds

Very. I was there this past week and they wouldn’t let two year olds on rides without fully wearing their face masks. It was magical.....

How strict are they with masks for two year olds since the latest changes?
They are required for all guests 2 and up. Disney doesn’t make rules it doesn’t enforce. All children 2 and up appeared to have masks on when I was these earlier this week. I would postpone your trip if you don’t think your 2-year old can wear a mask for an extended day period of time over their mouth and nose.

I’ve been to Disney about once a month since reopening. My dd turned two at the end of October. I have found Disney not strict with masks for her at all. I was asked one time her age when we were walking into MK (didn’t realize she pulled her mask down) I want to clarify that I’ve always tried to keep her mask on but two year olds don’t understand ‘why’ they have to do a task. So inevitably she takes it off while she is in the stroller. She has even taken it off while I was holding her in line and didn’t notice. We’ve Lost multiple masks. I always put it back on her when I realize it’s off. She has only fought me a few times when she was tired and I let her nap in the stroller (without a mask bc that doesn’t seem safe). I was so stressed out about her wearing a mask when she turned two but it really hasn’t been a big deal. I have found the cm’s to be very understanding. No one is going to force you to put a mask on a screaming baby.

I’ve been to Disney about once a month since reopening. My dd turned two at the end of October. I have found Disney not strict with masks for her at all. I was asked one time her age when we were walking into MK (didn’t realize she pulled her mask down) I want to clarify that I’ve always tried to keep her mask on but two year olds don’t understand ‘why’ they have to do a task. So inevitably she takes it off while she is in the stroller. She has even taken it off while I was holding her in line and didn’t notice. We’ve Lost multiple masks. I always put it back on her when I realize it’s off. She has only fought me a few times when she was tired and I let her nap in the stroller (without a mask bc that doesn’t seem safe). I was so stressed out about her wearing a mask when she turned two but it really hasn’t been a big deal. I have found the cm’s to be very understanding. No one is going to force you to put a mask on a screaming baby.
This is exactly what I witnessed firsthand getting on the carousel. Poor kid must have just turned two and didn’t fully understand. She was screaming and the CM wouldn’t let her on.

This is exactly what I witnessed firsthand getting on the carousel. Poor kid must have just turned two and didn’t fully understand. She was screaming and the CM wouldn’t let her on.
Maybe my experience was different because I wouldn’t try and bring her on anything if she was crying. My situation is different because we visit often (live an hour drive away and have ap’s) so if my kids are over it we just go back to the resort. That definitely wouldn’t be true if it was a once a year trip for us. I would be trying to do as much as possible. It does make me realize now that I would probably be a lot more stressed about her wearing a mask if I was visiting for her first time or planning a big trip.

I think it partially has to do more with how old your two year old actually looks. My 22 month old is big and has "looked" like a 2 year old since 16/18 months so I feel like he would be singled out more than my best friend's daughter who is almost 3 and is tiny so she doesn't "look" two yet.

We took our 2 year old and she kept the mask on fine, but several times she was in the stroller and if fell off or she pulled it down to eat a snack and no one said anything.

Been several times with the opening & only been asked about 2 times to put his mask on.
ETA: I think many cms (especially men) gave no clue how old little kids are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter