Masks Overboard

If it's up to the wearer, does that mean that we really don't know?

Since the effectiveness of a mask in large part depends on the user wearing it properly, I don't believe there is any kind of guarantee. Your question was "If DCL issues the masks, would they be taking the responsibility for them working?" -- and DCL would have no more "responsibility" on that matter than your local Target, Walmart, JoAnn's, Etsy or any other place you buy a cloth mask. If you are trying to ask "If DCL handed out masks, will they reimburse you if you get sick on the cruise?" - that may largely depend on the circumstances and whether you have insurance, etc.

Since the effectiveness of a mask in large part depends on the user wearing it properly, I don't believe there is any kind of guarantee. Your question was "If DCL issues the masks, would they be taking the responsibility for them working?" -- and DCL would have no more "responsibility" on that matter than your local Target, Walmart, JoAnn's, Etsy or any other place you buy a cloth mask. If you are trying to ask "If DCL handed out masks, will they reimburse you if you get sick on the cruise?" - that may largely depend on the circumstances and whether you have insurance, etc.
Yeah--I assume DCL will be doing a number of safety measures (plexiglass, distanced seating, etc.) and won't be offering any kind of guarantee you won't get Covid--to the contrary will have all sorts disclaimers about not being responsible and the risk of Covid existing despite any measures they may take. Disney parks has been selling masks in every in-park gift shop and would no way offer any kind of guarantee that their masks prevent Covid-19 transmission.

Yeah--I assume DCL will be doing a number of safety measures (plexiglass, distanced seating, etc.) and won't be offering any kind of guarantee you won't get Covid--to the contrary will have all sorts disclaimers about not being responsible and the risk of Covid existing despite any measures they may take. Disney parks has been selling masks in every in-park gift shop and would no way offer any kind of guarantee that their masks prevent Covid-19 transmission.
I'm skeptical that DCL could "distance seat" anyone in a MDR, the way they're set up, if they wanted to space guests a minimum of 6 ft between each table that will halve or maybe even more the capacity of each MDR, and I doubt they're going to invest in gigantic plexiglass walls between each table too. My assumption is that they're delaying returning to sailing until the vaccine that has just been released and other vaccines that will follow, will be given to all the crew and most likely be required by all guests who board the ships when they do resume sailing. That pretty much is the only way to conduct the itineraries with minimal disruptions to regular operations. (Other than the removal of potential contact infection spread ie. buffets, self service food and drink stations).

I'm skeptical that DCL could "distance seat" anyone in a MDR, the way they're set up, if they wanted to space guests a minimum of 6 ft between each table that will halve or maybe even more the capacity of each MDR, and I doubt they're going to invest in gigantic plexiglass walls between each table too. My assumption is that they're delaying returning to sailing until the vaccine that has just been released and other vaccines that will follow, will be given to all the crew and most likely be required by all guests who board the ships when they do resume sailing. That pretty much is the only way to conduct the itineraries with minimal disruptions to regular operations. (Other than the removal of potential contact infection spread ie. buffets, self service food and drink stations).
Another option they MIGHT look into would be a 3rd seating. Say, 4:45, 6:30, and 8:15. Yes, there are people who will eat at 5 o'clock.

Another option they MIGHT look into would be a 3rd seating. Say, 4:45, 6:30, and 8:15. Yes, there are people who will eat at 5 o'clock.
Yeah, that was my thought too. Or use Cabanas as a 4th MDR as part of the rotation and have it serve MDR food. Then again, if ships are sailing at reduced capacity at first, it might not be needed.

I would. I really loathe the second seating at 8.15 so I'd be totally in.
But having 3 seatings would be really taxing on the already overworked MDR staff.

Well, not if they're serving fewer diners at each seating. The numbers will still come out the same.

I'd be worried also about the number of hours on their feet or with their show ready faces on. Adding an hour of work and 3 extra sprints to the kitchen is still more work.

That would probably mean a 2022 or later re-start.

I'd be worried also about the number of hours on their feet or with their show ready faces on. Adding an hour of work and 3 extra sprints to the kitchen is still more work.

That and when would they eat themselves?
The crew mess was usually only open 4-8 (to fit inside USPH food regulations). Other cruise lines don't have the officer/segregation that DCL love so all crew can eat in both mess' and they, even in normal times, overlap meal times so food is available till 11pm or later, and 24 hours on the big big ships.

Could they possibly do it so crew only serve 2 of the 3?

I could also see them closing off cabanas and using it for crew in the evening, to spread them out more and make food available for longer...

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter