Masks for under 5

I would assume no masks while sleeping, just distancing from other children. The CDC said no masks while sleeping (even within the 5 day period following quarantine), it is listed in the early childhood education guidance. My own experience is with girl scouts. When our local council started camps/overnights back up, they required masking except while sleeping and want distancing and ventilation whenever possible while sleeping.

You have time to get him used to a mask. My Granddaughter will be 3 next month and has no issues wearing a mask all day at her daycare. She wants to be a big girl and wear a mask like mom and dad and Grandpa and Grandma.

My experience this week on the Wonder was that they didn't even ask for a mask for my 2yo. I tried a bit at the first day open house and he kept ripping it off. Some kids did have masks on in the nursery but they never asked me to mask him.

Most likely vaccines will be available before August for a 2 year old, so prepare yourself for that possibility as well. If it becomes available, DCL will likely require it shortly thereafter to cruise.

You have time to get him used to a mask. My Granddaughter will be 3 next month and has no issues wearing a mask all day at her daycare. She wants to be a big girl and wear a mask like mom and dad and Grandpa and Grandma.
My niece, who is about to turn 4 and so was 2 when pandemic started, is the one telling us (and perfect strangers, lol) to put on masks. She is so darn good about it. I actually got her and I matching masks from Disney World and she loved it!

My niece, who is about to turn 4 and so was 2 when pandemic started, is the one telling us (and perfect strangers, lol) to put on masks. She is so darn good about it. I actually got her and I matching masks from Disney World and she loved it!
2 at the start and turning 4 now is miles different than born at the start and turning 2 now. Most two year olds are non-verbal. They can't be reasoned with.

2 at the start and turning 4 now is miles different than born at the start and turning 2 now. Most two year olds are non-verbal. They can't be reasoned with.
That's valid. I wasn't trying to provide any argument one way or another. I was merely responding to the poster who talked about their granddaughter liking to wear a mask and was sharing a similar anecdote.

My 6yo is a pretty good mask wearer. My 2yo will often ask for a mask when the rest of us are wearing them but tends to pull them off quickly especially as we live in an area where he doesn't need one in his day-to-day life (in that they are not required of him).

Well, my Granddaughter is 2 and has been verbal for at least a year. As for be reasoned with, I can't disagree. But they love to mimic what they see adults do. Lead by example.

My 6yo is a pretty good mask wearer. My 2yo will often ask for a mask when the rest of us are wearing them but tends to pull them off quickly especially as we live in an area where he doesn't need one in his day-to-day life (in that they are not required of him).
Yeah we're:

7 - Perfect, no complaints, happy to do it, did Hawaii direct from Boston no problem
4 - No complaints, but a messy eater/sneezer. Mask gets soggy and gross very quickly. Needed 6 masks to get to Hawaii
2 - Rage monster, no chance, not going to bother training him

Well, my Granddaughter is 2 and has been verbal for at least a year. As for be reasoned with, I can't disagree. But they love to mimic what they see adults do. Lead by example.
It has nothing to do with "lead by example." My two older kids have been wearing masks the whole time with no problem. It's not a matter of parenting style, some kids are just different than other kids.

Yeah we're:

7 - Perfect, no complaints, happy to do it, did Hawaii direct from Boston no problem
4 - No complaints, but a messy eater/sneezer. Mask gets soggy and gross very quickly. Needed 6 masks to get to Hawaii
2 - Rage monster, no chance, not going to bother training him
I will caution you that my parents' flight to Vancouver the flight attendants claimed that everyone over 2 needed to wear a mask. I did not have the same experience on my flight to Vancouver operated by the same airline (or my flight home, also the same airline) and that government policy is 6 and over but YMMV and I don't know that I would start a discussion with the flight attendant over the policy and risk being removed.

I will caution you that my parents' flight to Vancouver the flight attendants claimed that everyone over 2 needed to wear a mask. I did not have the same experience on my flight to Vancouver operated by the same airline (or my flight home, also the same airline) and that government policy is 6 and over but YMMV and I don't know that I would start a discussion with the flight attendant over the policy and risk being removed.
Which airline? Pre or post the US dropping its own mandate?

We are cruising September and am going to try and prepare my toddler with the mask. If she won't use it she won't be able to join in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter