Mask wearing 2 year old SUCCESS stories please

Where we live, masks are required for everyone over 2. My 2 year old is very stubborn and independent, but he’s surprised me. Once I got him masks that fit him well, he’s been perfectly fine. It helps that everyone else is wearing one. I made it a big deal that he was now old enough to wear a mask. It’s sad that he thinks of it as a privilege, but thats the world we live in now.

I’m a preschool teacher of 2 year olds as well as a mom to a 2 & 5 year old. Our school requires masks & while difficult at first, they all got it quickly & with no complaints. It’s really just lots of practice & reminders. I would also suggest trying different styles to see which suits your child best. My 5 year old likes the neoprene material with the middle seam. The adjustable TY beanie baby masks & old navy brand are popular in my class
[/QUOTE

You mentioned Old Navy masks, do you see more of the pleated masks or the fitted ones. Trying to figure out options for my grandchildren. Thanks!!

You mentioned Old Navy masks, do you see more of the pleated masks or the fitted ones. Trying to figure out options for my grandchildren. Thanks!!

I didn’t make that post, but wanted to chime in. When the pandemic was still fairly new, I got Old Navy masks for my whole family (me, DH, and then 4 year old son). My DH and I didn’t like them. My son didn’t complain, but I was wondering how comfortable he really was. I’ve since gotten vistaprint ones for my son. They have an adjustable wire in the nose and a pocket for a filter, which we use on occasion. There are a lot of fun prints available. He’s 5 now and wears them to preschool every day. He says they’re “comfy”
and they fit him perfectly. The Old Navy ones are fine, and they’re very inexpensive, but I’m not sure they’re the most comfortable thing to wear for the entire day at a theme park. Of course, YMMV. Just wanted to throw in my experience!

My DD26 and I stressed about DGS2 wearing a mask for our March 14-21st trip 2 weeks ago. (My 50th Bday trip)
She practiced at home, but works from home so very rarely went out to practice. ( A few times)
DGS4 wears a mask, and wore it in August, with zero issues. DGS2 is a bit more strong willed. :)
I am happy to report we had basically zero issues. A couple of times, he was getting tired and would remove it in his stroller to sleep. We'd just stop the stroller and assist him and explain, has to be on, and he would comply.
I think seeing everyone wearing masks, just clicked for him. We also had fun mask for both. DGS4 had a Mickey hands over his mouth mask, and DGS2 had one of his fav characters, Hulk. :) (Both purchased off Etsy)
SO for those worried, don't lose hope!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts