Marriott Sabal Palms review

Inhislove

Mouseketeer
We absolutely loved our stay at Marriott's Sabal Palms. There are only 80 units on 2 floors, all with screened lanai, full kitchen, and full size laundry in the villa. Most of them overlook water and a golf course, and you are close enough to I4 to hear the highway from some of them. If you end up on the top floor, there are no elevators, so be sure to ask for a lower level villa if you don't want to walk stairs every day. We received exactly what we requested.

The unit had a unique layout. When you walked in, there was a good-size hallway table, which was great for keys. Immediately to the left was the second bath and bedroom. The bathroom had a normal tub and shower, and was large enough for our son's pack-n-play. The bedroom had a full and a twin, which made it interesting to use the closet. Next came a full kitchen with full-sized washer/dryer in a closet. This overlooked the living and dining area, which features floor to ceiling glass windows and views of golf and water. We watched birds and golfers every day. There were two steps down to the living area. The master suite was half the unit and included a comfy king bed, two closets, a lounging chair and two steps up to a very unique bathroom. There was a toilet in its own room, two sinks and a HUGE tiled shower with 3 nozzles and no door (the thing was so large it didn't need one). The screened lanai could be reached from both the living area and master.

I could see this resort working for a variety of vacationers, because access to the Marriott World Center is included with your stay. If you want a peaceful barbecue just outside your room, there are grills provided and you can watch herons catch fish. The Sabal pool area includes a fire pit, two jacuzzis, ping pong, and a giant chess set. There is also a "den" just for teens with neat decor and gaming opportunities. If you want fine dining, a full Starbucks, pool-side grill and bar or a lounge, they are available at the World Center. Their huge pool complex with 3 water slides (open 11-7), waterfalls, multiple jacuzzis, a great kids water play area including kiddie slide and more cushioned chaise lounges than I have ever seen is a short walk away. The world center also has an indoor pool and a gaming area. Their pool lawn hosts activities every hour from 11am-6pm. We loved the salsa dance lesson and tinker bellies dance class.

The Palms are the Marriott Vacation Club part of the Marriott World Center. Imperial palms (3 bedrooms) and royal palms (2 bedrooms) are the most convenient to world center drive/536. Sabal (also 2 bedrooms) is a winding drive behind the convention center, which could be affected by tractor trailers delivering to the world center. The three sections share an activities schedule and marketplace store. We found the world center amenities more convenient than the Royal lobby, although there was a dedicated Palms shuttle van that came when called from 8am-11pm. That feature was very helpful.

Both Palms lobbies have a little kids area with games and books, and there are a good number of activities. Because we were visiting in their low time, we were often the only participants, but that meant the employees were able to give my kids a lot of attention. The only fees were basically supply fees ($2 for tea and cookies, $3 for s'mores, $15 for build-a-buddy). Using the world center slides cost $10/day per villa, but using the pool is free. We often had the sabal pool to ourselves. The staff was friendly and responsive. We had a wasp in our lanai, and they came and sprayed right away.

As for location, we were literally one stoplight from the iconic Disney entrance. Amazing! My husband is now fully converted from desiring onsite Disney stays, because he says we were back home before anyone staying onsite at Disney but people staying at the contemporary resort (who could walk from the Magic Kingdom). We had some great meals at LoneStar steakhouse (kids eat free on Tuesdays), Kobe Steakhouse (also kids eat free Tuesdays but we went for my $30 birthday meal), and Boma. For quick stops, there is a good Firehouse Subs location off 535, in the same complex as a Moe's, McDonalds, and Taco Bell. If you are headed towards I Drive, the WaWa gas station has great made-to-order food and coffee, and the Denny's right there near sea world has great service and consistent quality. We shopped at Publix for groceries.

Updating this review-stayed there this June and everything is still spot on! If you are an exchange unit (not renter) then the world center pools are included.
sabal units.JPG sabal lobby1.JPG sabal lobby2.JPG The units from outside, and areas of the lobby at Sabal palms, including activity area for kids

sabal pool.JPG sabal pool and play areas around pool, in background can see entry to lobby and teen areasabal pool play.JPG sabal pool play2.JPG

sabal bed2.jpg entry coming into unit
to immediate left is 2nd bedroom and bathroom, by railing to left is kitchen which has an eating bar and overlooks dining area and living roomsabalbed2.JPG2nd bedroom-full bed (also has twin bed and separate entry into 2nd bath)

master bedroom, bath area and shower; Note the opening in wall into shower by sinks-lets in a LOT of light in the morning...

Attachments

• sabalMBR.JPG
    sabalMBR.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 17
sabal lanai.JPG lanai overlooking golf course-as OP said accessed via both living and master bedrooms. Lovely area for morning coffee!

Great pictures! I haven't stayed there yet but it looks nice. I've read that in multiple places about the light coming in through those glass blocks. I guess that could be good if you want to get up early :)

Great pictures! I haven't stayed there yet but it looks nice. I've read that in multiple places about the light coming in through those glass blocks. I guess that could be good if you want to get up early :)

I stayed there 3 years ago, and yes the light can come through. I took an extra pillow and stuffed it into the opening at the bathroom, and that helped the light issue a lot!

This is a great review! I loved this place! We used the grills right outside our unit for dinner a couple of times. The units are so huge, and it's nice and quiet there. It has a very residential feel, but was the closest off site place we've ever stayed at!

Updating this review-stayed there this June and everything is still spot on! If you are an exchange unit (not renter) then the world center pools are included.

I don't think it matters how you book in to the resort. All Sabal, Imperial, and Royal Palms guests have access to the World Center pools. If you are renting from an owner, that is as good as staying there as an owner.

Trying to decide between Sabal Palms, Harbour Lake and Grande Vista. Kids will be 5 and 8 for the trip and water features are important. We ruled out Cypress already simply because there are no water slides. Distance to Disney is important, but not the most important, and we do want to choose a resort with the newly renovated rooms (not sure which those would be or this knocks out any of the options automatically). A decent restaurant would be a huge plus, but also not a necessity. So, in order of importance, our criteria is:

1. Renovated Room (we are getting a two bedroom)
2. Water Slides appropriate for children ages 5 and a cautious 8, ha
3. Closeness to Disney Parks

Since the Palms use the World Center resort, I looked at that Pool, and there are water slides, but they look like they are 100 feet high!?!?!? Are they? They appear to be geared towards older children, are there any water slides for medium kids? There seems to be only the little kids splash pad and the huge water slides, but I am only able to look at photos, so that info might not be accurate.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Trying to decide between Sabal Palms, Harbour Lake and Grande Vista. Kids will be 5 and 8 for the trip and water features are important. We ruled out Cypress already simply because there are no water slides. Distance to Disney is important, but not the most important, and we do want to choose a resort with the newly renovated rooms (not sure which those would be or this knocks out any of the options automatically). A decent restaurant would be a huge plus, but also not a necessity. So, in order of importance, our criteria is:

1. Renovated Room (we are getting a two bedroom)
2. Water Slides appropriate for children ages 5 and a cautious 8, ha
3. Closeness to Disney Parks

Since the Palms use the World Center resort, I looked at that Pool, and there are water slides, but they look like they are 100 feet high!?!?!? Are they? They appear to be geared towards older children, are there any water slides for medium kids? There seems to be only the little kids splash pad and the huge water slides, but I am only able to look at photos, so that info might not be accurate.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Even though Sabal Palms is so very, very close to the Disney parks, if the water play area and slides are more important, I would go with Harbour Lake. It's a nice, compact resort, our rooms there were very fresh and clean with plenty of space, and it was a very, very short walk to the nice water play area (great for a 5 year old) and pool with a slide that's perfect for the 8 year old. They offer ice cream by the pool, putt putt golf, and they do have a limited menu of sandwiches at the bar (enough for me, as we had a full kitchen as well).

I stayed a few times at Grande Vista, and while it's fine, it's a huge resort and we never used the pool there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!