Mariott Springhill Suites

birdman

Earning My Ears
Tried the search function but it does not seem to be working. Right now, I am heading down to FL next week and will be doing short side trip to DW. I am currently booked into the Mariott Springhill Suites, which is only supposed to be about 1.5 miles from MK. I will be there with my 5 year old. We are arriving on Monday, sleeping over Monday night and planning on doing MK on Tue all day, then MGM on Wed. and then driving to back to Lauderdale Wed later in the day. I am currently booked into the Mariott, mainly because of the proximity to the parks, downtown Disney, etc., plus the extra room after he goes to sleep (I can watch TV!) and the bkfst.

I thought staying in a Monorail hotel would be best because he will likely tire out by early afternoon and I thought we could jump back to the hotel, swim, relax etc. and then go back in the evening for fireworks etc.

Based on my readings, the advantage of the monorail (as opposed to just driving in my rental car, and I know this has been disputed back and forth on the boards) is primarily if you are in one of the 3 hotels that are directly serviced by the monorail. Otherwise, if you have to take a boat, bus, etc, I think I would rather just drive.

Poly and Contemp are sold out for the Monday night and Tue. night dates and the Grand Floridian is over $500 a night (which I really can't justify, especially when I am only spending one day at MK).

Has anyone ever stayed at the Mariott Springhill Suites in Lake Buena Vista Village? Any thoughts or comments? All input and suggestions are welcome.

TIA (thanx in advance).

I have never stayed in the springhill suites in Lake Buena Vista but I have stayed with them in Minneapolis and San Antonio and we loved them and I would definitely try them out.

I know where it is and it looks very nice. Its close to Bahama Breeze and a Golden Corral, the Premium Outlets and a Publix. It might be 1.5 miles to the DtD entrance to WDW, but it is not 1.5 miles from MK.

We stayed there once back in 2001. There were 3 of us at the time and we thought the room was small. Other than that, we liked the place. The breakfast was very nice and it is very close to the parks. We were there when the weather was too cool for swimming so I can't comment on the pool.

We stayed there January 2006. It was really nice and the breakfast was great. It is really not far from the parks, I have no idea exactly though. I would stay there again in a heartbeat-- especially if the other option was $500/night. We just returned from a trip where we stayed at Windosr Hills and our 4 and 6 year olds both did great at the parks all day straight through without a nap-- we were very surprised, but they did great so maybe your son will too.

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites in Marrott Village. The property is well maintained, and my daughter (she was 9 at the time) loved the pool. You can also use the pool at the Courtyard. There are several restaurants nearby.

It is not a long drive to the Magic Kingdom from this property. When you exit the property, turn right and head towards the intersection with SR 535. Turn left and continue until you reach the intersection with SR 536. Turn right continue on SR 536--stay in the left lanes so that you do not exit onto I-4 and follow the signs for the Magic Kingdom. I think is 10-15 minutes driving time.

Since Springhill Suites is an Official Disney Good Neighbor Hotel, they offer free scheduled shuttles to the WDW theme parks. Can anyone tell me how often these run? Once a day, twice....every hour?? DH is staying there for a conference in May so I was thinking of going along & hitting WDW by myself - but I want to have some flexibility in when I come & go (and do not want a rental car!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter