Mardi Gras 2022

tony67

DIS Veteran
Sure many of you got the email -but universal seems to be planning a normal Mardi Gras event for 2022 - Feb. 5–Apr. 24, 2022
Still not clear on what the Christmas season will be - but thought this might bode well

They list beads, concerts and parades - I wonder if they will allow folks on the floats to throw beads - sounds like it

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras

I'll be curious who they have performing. I've seen some great concerts over the years...Heart and the B52s were probably the best.

They list beads, concerts and parades - I wonder if they will allow folks on the floats to throw beads - sounds like it
Fingers crossed. Loved the float bead throwing so much - and the concerts. :jester::yay::lovestruc
Always a bit bummed at the concert announcement timing though: the past few years, they've released the lineup so late, I never have enough lead time to plan my trip around my favorite choices, as we need to get time off approved in advance. But it's all good...still have a nice time.

Now...fingers DOUBLY crossed that there is some kind of live music performance during the holidays....no Manheim this year is a big loss.

Sure many of you got the email -but universal seems to be planning a normal Mardi Gras event for 2022 - Feb. 5–Apr. 24, 2022
Still not clear on what the Christmas season will be - but thought this might bode well

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras
Fab, I was hoping it would be starting while I was there!

Fingers crossed. Loved the float bead throwing so much - and the concerts. :jester::yay::lovestruc
Always a bit bummed at the concert announcement timing though: the past few years, they've released the lineup so late, I never have enough lead time to plan my trip around my favorite choices, as we need to get time off approved in advance. But it's all good...still have a nice time.
Agreed - I just pick my time to go and hope the band I want to see is not the week before or after

Are the concerts for this usually on Saturdays? I'm going at the very start of this and am thinking about getting an annual pass but the cheapest one has the blackout dates for concerts.

Are the concerts for this usually on Saturdays? I'm going at the very start of this and am thinking about getting an annual pass but the cheapest one has the blackout dates for concerts.
Looking back at 2018 - most were both days from what I see

Concert Lineup 2018
• February 3: Sean Paul
• February 10: The Beach Boys
• February 17: Kelsea Ballerini
• February 18: Andy Grammer
• February 24: Macklemore
• March 3: 311
• March 4: Phillip Phillips
• March 10: Jason Derulo
• March 11: Fitz and the Tantrums
• March 17: Foreigner
• March 18: Fifth Harmony
• March 24: Jessie J
• March 25: BUSH

Has anyone heard any rumblings or rumors for this year yet on lineup/concert dates and or parade days? If following recent suit, I would imagine these should be released in the very near future?

Also really interested in this. We haven't activated our annual passes yet, waiting for the concert line-up.

Has anyone heard any rumblings or rumors for this year yet on lineup/concert dates and or parade days? If following recent suit, I would imagine these should be released in the very near future?
Universal has not even put out their Winter UOAP Passport Pamphlet for winter/Christmas activities which are now pretty much over. Their website still offers the Fall Passport Pamphlet... I imagine we'll get the Mardi Gras info sometime in June...

2022 Mardi Gras Concerts:
Feb 5 - Sugar Ray
Feb 12 - Diana Ross
Feb 19 - Barenaked Ladies
Feb 20 - Styx
Feb 26 - Jon Pardi
Mar 5 - LL Cool J
Mar 6 - Marshmello
Mar 12 - Lee Brice
Mar 13 - Becky G
Mar 18 - Khalid
Mar 19 - Seal
Mar 20 - Gavin Degraw
Mar 25 - The Revivalists
Mar 26 - Jimmie Allen
Mar 27 - Jason Derulo

Sugar ray makes sense since they did the scooby doo movie. Yeah. Never seen before and I like college music. If you seen a short girl dancing around, just smile and know I am having a great time! Lol

I must be old....I haven`t heard of half of them!

Least I know the other half...actually I know 5 of the acts.......:rotfl:

I'm curious. Which are the 5 you know if you don't mind me asking?

No, don`t mind at all....... 😊

I`ve just seen there are 6 I know as I missed seeing Seal`s name first time.....

Diana Ross

Barenaked Ladies

Styx

LL Cool J

Seal

Jason Derulo

I will also admit to having heard of the last one, but couldn`t name a single thing he`s done......and I remember LL Cool J as an actor.......lol......

Out of them all I`d probably only want to see Barenaked Ladies

Yes, I think that makes me quite old.......::yes::

No, don`t mind at all....... 😊

I`ve just seen there are 6 I know as I missed seeing Seal`s name first time.....

Diana Ross

Barenaked Ladies

Styx

LL Cool J

Seal

Jason Derulo

I will also admit to having heard of the last one, but couldn`t name a single thing he`s done......and I remember LL Cool J as an actor.......lol......

Out of them all I`d probably only want to see Barenaked Ladies

Yes, I think that makes me quite old.......::yes::

:) With Jason Derulo, he says/sings his name at the start of every song he does. This way when listening to the radio, you know who is singing the song.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter