Marco Island

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi,

We have been thinking about visiting Marco for many years now, but we have never actually visited there yet.

Can anybody that has been share some information about Marco Island : What there is to do, where to stay (I have heard that the hilton is good), Any good restaurants etc.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help.

Is it worth us visiting?? we have a 3 year old son - is there anything for him to do?

(I think I have posted this in the wrong place - If so please move it, moderator!)

We visited Marco Island two years ago and stayed at the Hilton. The hotel was very nice and we had a beautiful room with a very large balcony overlooking the gulf.

We really enjoyed our visit. The hotel had jet ski's to rent and the big water bikes and plenty of other things to do. They also have a large pool - which was very nice. Along Tamiami Trail are a few places to go on Air Boat ride tours of the Everglades, which we didn't do because I was pregnant. We ate at a really good seafood place, but I can't remember the name - sorry - if you go there someone will tell you about it because it is very popular.

Now for the bad part: other than at the hotel, there isn't much to do. There are a few shops, but Naples isn't that far away to drive to. There was only a McDonalds & BK when we were there, so your 3 year old won't have much to choose from if he doesn't like the local restaurants.

We drove to Everglades City one morning and stopped at a park. We were swarmed with mosquitos so we left right away.

The gulf water has a lot of mucky type stuff in it - the water isn't so clear because it is so close to the Everglades. After we were swimming, we had red spots all over us from the debri in the water. That was really a bummer and we didn't go back in the water.

But the beach itself is very pretty and had very pretty sunsets.

All in all - it is a nice place to visit - there isn't much to do though. Florida has some nicer beaches than Marco Island but if you haven't been there I would recommend going even if for a couple days then go onto another beach.

Hope this helps.

Hi! I 'm from South FL and the west coast is pretty much like md&d described. There isn't really anything to do there except for the hotle and beach.

Can I recommend Lauderdale-By-the-Sea?It is a small stretch of Ft Lauderdale beach with small hotels and little shops and restaurants. We stayed there a few years ago for 4th of July weekend. It was very nice with a parade right on our street adn fireworks we could watch right from our beach.

We stayed at the Sea Lord (our friends were managing at the time). It is an older hotel, but has nice, clean, LARGE, spacious, oceanfront rooms with terraces. They also have a pool and lounges for the pool and beach. You can walk out of your hotel and go to quite a few places to eat and shop. If you are looking for a little excitement-it is Ft lauderdale, after all. There are tons of nicer restaurants, the theater, etc

If you are looking for more upscale accomodations, the FT Lauderdale Marina Marriott is gorgeous! They have a concierge desk to help with all your dining reservations, etc and a shuttle to the beach (5 minutes). They also have the water taxi which tours millionaires row- ever wonder where Lucille Ball lived and numerous other stars? The water taxi stops at many dining and shopping venues. We stayed at this resort and were very spolied!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter