March Check-In Thread!

Do any of you listen to the soundtracks from the Disney movies, or a cd of Disneyland songs and sounds? We have them in the car, and it is a great way to get excited about our trip.

Anyone back that plans on doing a trip report?

Yes! I got put in charge of our music for the road trip, and I put together a giant playlist of Disney songs, soundtracks, and songs from the parks! I'm really excited to listen to it on our drive up! :D

Do any of you listen to the soundtracks from the Disney movies, or a cd of Disneyland songs and sounds? We have them in the car, and it is a great way to get excited about our trip.

Sort of, the kids usually watch Disney movies in the back and we listen to them up front.

Down to 1 week to go. This time next week we will be packing up and getting ready to hit the road on Tuesday. I am preparing to go into pre-trip "panic because I am sure I forgot something" mode.

Sort of, the kids usually watch Disney movies in the back and we listen to them up front.

Down to 1 week to go. This time next week we will be packing up and getting ready to hit the road on Tuesday. I am preparing to go into pre-trip "panic because I am sure I forgot something" mode.

I am in total panic mode right now. :)

We listen to a lot of Disney music to get ready! And, I have to add Big Hero 6 to our iPad for the flight.

I have a couple Disney cds that we listen to regularly in the car, but it drives my DH crazy. Since it's only him and me this time, I won't torture him by listening to Disney music on our way to the airport lol.

I have a pre trip report in the works already (link is also in my siggy), and definitely plan to add to it after our trip!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ptr-no-kids-allowed-6yr-anniversary-trip.3380820/

Also, the restaurant replacing Taste Pilot's Grill is opening March 20th!! That's the day we leave. Just figures!!

The weather forecast is making me cry. It is going to be in the 90s. I hate hot weather. :(. I hate sweating. I don't wear shorts. Darn it.

The weather forecast is making me cry. It is going to be in the 90s. I hate hot weather. :(. I hate sweating. I don't wear shorts. Darn it.
How long is your trip? It looks like it is predicted back down to the 80's on Tuesday.

We leave Wednesday. It has pretty much killed my enthusiasm. Crowds AND heat? Sorry, I realize this may be an unpopular statement but I would have stayed home. We have to go this week, and I knew it would be crowded, but the chances of over 90, looking at the weather history seemed slight, 10% or less.

I always bring unseasonable weather with me. It was freezing at WDW our last trip, but is still preferred that, LOL.

We leave Wednesday. It has pretty much killed my enthusiasm. Crowds AND heat? Sorry, I realize this may be an unpopular statement but I would have stayed home. We have to go this week, and I knew it would be crowded, but the chances of over 90, looking at the weather history seemed slight, 10% or less.

I always bring unseasonable weather with me. It was freezing at WDW our last trip, but is still preferred that, LOL.
Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, we went last October and there was a heat wave (high 90s, low 100s) that week and we still had a a wonderful time (though being from Phoenix may skew what we consider tolerable in the heat department). Just make sure to space long indoor rides and shows (Pirates, Small World, Aladdin) throughout the day for some heat breaks :-)

Tiki Room is great for a hot day too. At least the days are not super long like summer, so it wont always be hot!

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, we went last October and there was a heat wave (high 90s, low 100s) that week and we still had a a wonderful time (though being from Phoenix may skew what we consider tolerable in the heat department). Just make sure to space long indoor rides and shows (Pirates, Small World, Aladdin) throughout the day for some heat breaks :-)

Thanks for the advice and for not telling me to stay home anyway (not an option now!) :). It is what it is, I will deal and my kids are so excited now.

Our cabana Tuesday afternoon at the DLH is looking more and more like it was worth the cost! The weather looks like it may cool a bit on Wednesday as it will be 83 as compared to 89-94 (Sun-Tues). More pool time and more "it's hot...I should have another drink from Trader Sam's" kind of week. Like Diszona said, coming from Arizona we have a real appreciation for heat, but when Anaheim is warmer than Phoenix there is something wrong.

Hang in there Jen and bring a bottle a water bottle, wide brim hat, and sunscreen. We also use the frog tog cool towels (PVA towels can be found almost everywhere now) when it gets really hot as they do help.
Mike

Thanks, Mike! I pulled out our old cool towels (6 years old. Last trip was surface-of-the-sun-hot WDW in September 2009) and they have turned gunky so think I will order a couple just in case.

See ya at the DLH pool on Tuesday! :)

I didn't realize that it would be open so soon. What's the name?
I had read somewhere that it would be open before the rest of the land, but we are just missing it, which is a bummer because I wanted a new place to try for lunch while we are in DCA! It's called Smokejumpers Grill.

I saw that in the weather reports, too :guilty:. I was hoping for mild weather!!! We need to do a rain dance and bring the temps down! Even worse, Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run are closed! :sad: I didn't care much before but now I'm annoyed since it will be so hot!

Do any of you have any must-dos when you visit? We don't have many rides that we must do, we have done them all so much over the years, but here are a few things we always do.

First day we eat at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland for lunch
New one: RSR ride
Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans
Corn dog if we are there more than for a weekend
Stay at Park Place Inn for easy access to the park on our own terms

My must-do's are all the thrill rides. We didn't get to do them when we brought the kids last trip, which was fine because it was about them but I'm itching to get back on all of them!

Radiator Springs Racers--never got to ride it! So this trip will be my first time.
Actually, we didn't ride anything in Cars Land (my DD was having a melt down so we didn't spend much time there), so the only other one will be Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Food wise, I looove beignets but never had them at DL, so I'm determined to get Mickey shaped ones and a Mint Julep, as well as eating anything at Jolly Holiday.

Also, since we are kidless this trip, we are planning to go to Trader Sam's on our arrival day. I'm really excited about it!

We used to always buy caramel down from DTD, but the cart doesn't exist anymore. I am so sad!

RSR is my new favorite ride- you will love it so much!

I'm leaving 2 weeks from today-- I'm getting so excited! I can't believe this is actually going down. I started a pre-trip report, linked below (I forgot how to make links so they're not just the line of the URL). Not much activity on that yet.

It's kind of hard because I don't want to smoosh it in my family's face, that I get to go on this trip by myself ... although they are not as into all things Disney, as I have always been. So I'm not talking it up to them or to family on FaceBook or anything. I have to come here for my daily dose of YAY!

My favorite ride is POTC. I also love the thrill rides; looking forward to Space and Screamin' especially.

This is going to be a different sort of trip for food this time because we are now gluten free, due to intolerance. But I've made PS's at Blue Bayou, my favorite, and chef's counter at Napa Rose.

Excited to try RSR for the first time, and to see WOC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter