March Check-In Thread!

@jenjersnap, I love your icon! When I was collecting that pin set, I always asked the CM's if they had the "No Dancing" one.

Oh cool, you can tag people here! Thank you, I have a shirt from zazzle with this on the front and it is my Disney favorite (in fact, I own TWO shirts, my DH accidentally shrunk the first one so I re-ordered it), it never fails to make CMs laugh. :). I covet the pin too, but have never managed to win one on ebay...some day!

Yes, let us form a safe circle of hope where we shall believe wholeheartedly the castle has been re-painted and all is right in the 'Land. Kumbaya. :grouphug: :laughing:

(Sorry, all the discussions about it today have me discombobulated. :))

Hahaha if there was some sort of castle "rain" dance, I'd be all for it!

View attachment 79929 Glimpse of our disney nails. DD10 got Olaf & DD8 and I did Minnie & Mickey nails :love:

Love the nails!!!

Ok all only 1 more sleep to go and we will be out of the snow and in our happy place!!!! Happy planning to all of you still waiting and for all those in the park this week say hi if you see me and my little Merida. (The boys will be doing more thrill rides than we are up for!

March, April May..... fill in the rest then rinse repeat only a different year. lol

We arrived! Had a very good flight, only small amounts of drama from DD's ears. Tried ear planes...mixed review on them. Might have helped a little? It was hard to tell.

Plane ran late 40 min or so, thus we arrived hotel later than expected. My same DD with ear prob left her favorite stuffed animal on our private shuttle-and away he went. They are going to try to return it, by Monday-well see.

Freshened up quickly, checked into hotel & then rode ART to disneyland and picked up dinning tickets (from get away today) and then had a wonderful dinner at Goofys kitchen-really was quite impressed, food, service & characters were great!

Upgraded our city passes to 4 day hoppers on way back and once back at hotel sorted things out to prepare for 1st day in park. Room at double tree AWESOME & we had view of fireworks from our room tonight-which was perfect as we were pretty tuckered out from travels.

1st day of Disneyland tomorrow! :welcome:

Have a great first day in the parks tomorrow, Satye1! Can I ask a couple questions about Goofy's? Was there PB&J pizza at dinner? Were the characters Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale? Glad you liked it! We are on the bubble whether to work it in.

@Satye1, sorry about your DD's ears and stuffed animal, but hopefully you have a great first park day, including seeing the castle without the tarp!!

How's the weather down there @Satye1 ? We are starting our trip tomorrow for an early Sunday park day. 1st of 3 park days. Weather isn't looking promising:eeyore:

Didn't look closely at pizza buffet area-sorry can't answer that one. But there were a lot of food choices & everything was really good. Yes those were the characters. They came to our table several time which was great!

Weather was good yesterday. I think today starts the iffy stuff. We packed ponchos/umbrullas just in case. But not too cold. I would say cool in evening-pants & sweatshirt where fine. :flower1:

Last edited:
We got snow today, so it would make sense that it will be rainy in parts of CA. That's usually how it goes. Hopefully not too bad, though.

We leave tomorrow morning!! party:

I am in a flurry of last-minute activity. Realized I forgot to deposit my paycheck and get cash yesterday, so had to get that done. I'm trying to decide if I should repack DS' stuff into a larger suitcase so there's more room for souvenirs. The problem is it's just DS and I flying down, and I'm not sure I can pull both of the big suitcases by myself. He's not so coordinated yet, and will have a wheeled backpack for his carry-on. I know we don't have very far to go with the bags...from curb to bag check, then from bag claim to the gray line bus, then the bus to check-in/our room (and reversed on the way home).

It's looking like 60% chance of rain for Monday evening, when we have our BB F! package booked. I tried to change it to Tues or Wed, but there are no spaces left. :( We'll just have to see, I guess, and try to rebook it later. The CM I talked to said to keep calling back every few hours to see if they've had any cancellations and we might get lucky. CA needs the rain, but I really wish it would hold off for F! on Monday night!!

It's looking like 60% chance of rain for Monday evening, when we have our BB F! package booked. I tried to change it to Tues or Wed, but there are no spaces left. :( We'll just have to see, I guess, and try to rebook it later. The CM I talked to said to keep calling back every few hours to see if they've had any cancellations and we might get lucky. CA needs the rain, but I really wish it would hold off for F! on Monday night!!

Uh oh, what happens if it's cancelled and you can't reschedule? Do you get a refund?

Uh oh, what happens if it's cancelled and you can't reschedule? Do you get a refund?

If we go for dinner but they cancel F!, I'm out of luck. The FP are void, and we don't get new ones for a different night. No refund, no new FP. So far no openings for Wed or Tues. We decided to just risk it if we can't reschedule for a different night, and take our chances. The forecast keeps changing, and now it says only 20% chance of rain in the evening and starting to clear overnight. Each time I check, the rain starts earlier in the day, so that's good news!

Hi everyone and Happy Saturday :) I just edited my two above posts to reflect my DL plans have changed (unless it is raining) to Tuesday, March 3rd instead of on Wednesday, the 4th. If any of you are travelling solo that day and would like to meet up for a Storyland cruise or two please PM me. I'd love to meet a fellow Dis-er. :)

If we go for dinner but they cancel F!, I'm out of luck. The FP are void, and we don't get new ones for a different night. No refund, no new FP. So far no openings for Wed or Tues. We decided to just risk it if we can't reschedule for a different night, and take our chances. The forecast keeps changing, and now it says only 20% chance of rain in the evening and starting to clear overnight. Each time I check, the rain starts earlier in the day, so that's good news!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Rain, rain stay away.

@Satye1 I'm glad you all arrived safely! :)

We're on the bus to Los Angeles and will get our second train there to Anaheim!! This is my first time taking the trip by train and bus but I'm confident that we'll be just fine. :D First day in the parks is tomorrow!! Yay!!!

We're here!!! Totally poured on us just as we headed into the parks for lunch. DS decided he wanted to go to Flo's, and we managed to find a dry, covered table outside. We walked right on to Ariel after lunch, but DS decided it was too cold to wait in line for anything else. We headed back to our room at GCH to warm up and the rain stopped when we got back! It was an early morning so we had a little rest so we would have energy to go late tonight.

Reactions: Jee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter