March 2021 Cruises Heading Towards Cancellation

Got the email this morning March is canceled. I am happy to apply the 125% to a future cruise. I wish they could have let us know sooner. I’ll take what I can get and look forward to cruising in 2022!

One of the main reasons I was disturbed about not knowing was we were needing to make reservations for other plans. It looks like DCL would look at their policy about keeping guest informed about their intentions into the future. It is disrespectful of peoples time and money to just leave it up to speculation. I was lucky in my assessment and a good bit of the information I got in helping us make decisions concerning our future plans came from this board. Thanks to everyone for their input regarding this situation. Good luck and Godspeed

Went onto the Cruise app this morning to continue booking excursions, and my reservation was no longer there. Called the Disney Cruise lines and the message started "If you ca calling about cancellation through March 27, press #1". This is the third cancellation...Easter 2020, December 2020, and now Easter 2021. We took a payout on the first res, since the second was so much cheaper we could not imagine using all the extra credit. We took the 125% credit on the second cancellation and applied it to the Easter 2021 cruise (fully paid). My question is whether they will give another 125% credit on top of the 125% from the last cancellation. Since I purchased through Costco, and have not received official notice yet, I guess I will have to wait to see how that pans out.

Went onto the Cruise app this morning to continue booking excursions, and my reservation was no longer there. Called the Disney Cruise lines and the message started "If you ca calling about cancellation through March 27, press #1". This is the third cancellation...Easter 2020, December 2020, and now Easter 2021. We took a payout on the first res, since the second was so much cheaper we could not imagine using all the extra credit. We took the 125% credit on the second cancellation and applied it to the Easter 2021 cruise (fully paid). My question is whether they will give another 125% credit on top of the 125% from the last cancellation. Since I purchased through Costco, and have not received official notice yet, I guess I will have to wait to see how that pans out.
I would assume the FCC would move forward until it is actually used. You cannot have two FCC but you have still not been able to use the first. What I have been told it has to be used before May 31st 2022.

So sorry you are canceled yet again! You will only get the one 125% FFC.

Well our 3/27 was just cancelled. It's our Fourth DCL cancellation since June. We are sailing with a family who can't cruise again until until June 2022 and the cut off for using the credit is May. Sure hope that changes. We have 3 other cruises booked this year (2 DCL and our first Celebrity cruise) - hopefully at least a few of them sail. I understand why they did it and I was expecting it - just sad. I'm also in NJ, and I think the vaccine roll-out is being modified. Hopefully the early groups will be done soon and we can get on to the general population.

In America we've slowed it down massively by separating people out into multiple groups. This is a noble idea but terrible in practice, because administrators of the vaccine don't want to get in trouble for vaccinating the "wrong" person before their turn, and are spending lots of time trying to find and schedule all of the "right" people in one group before moving on to the next group.

This is why federal bailout money has gone out to almost everyone of a certain income level, regardless of personal circumstances (employment, savings, etc.). The time and money it would have required to sort out the "worthy" from the "non-worthy" recipients would have gummed up the process, so they just bypassed that and sent everyone under a certain income level a check/direct deposit.

That is what should happen with vaccine distribution. There should only have been two very simple phases:

Phase One, in which vaccines are administered in hospitals & other health care locations to all of their willing workers once (and if you don't show up for your shot that day, too bad, so sad, you can get in line with everyone else), and in which mobile units go into nursing homes to vaccinate all willing workers & residents there (& if you're not present that day, again, you'd have to get in line with everyone else later).

Phase Two, in which everyone else has the opportunity to electronically sign up for a vaccine at major distribution centers (like city convention centers, megachurches, concert halls, etc.) that can handle a large volume of people, and if you don't show up on your vaccine day, too bad, get in line electronically again.

That might sound "unfair", but it would get shots into arms much faster than the "let's evaluate which patients deserve to be in this round, make old-fashioned appointments with them individually, then give them more chances until it seems this group is finally finished". That is what is happening now and it's a very slow process. And meanwhile Covid is raging.

There is a maxim, "the perfect should not be the enemy of the good". The ultimate goal of vaccination is herd immunity, and that will only happen once a large percentage of the population is vaccinated. And that day would come much faster if our government & health care providers stopped micromanaging the process, and just gave out the vaccine to all, first come, first served (via electronic sign-ups to avoid massive crowding).

This is such a good explanation of the problem. Yesterday our state reported that on Sunday they hadn't even managed to vaccinated 1,000 that day. That is so dismal, it is embarrassing and will take years and years at this rate. I was left upset most of the day.
We have way too many stages and intermediate stages within our state. I agree with you a simpler two phase rollout would have been better for everyone.

Yes, we are both 70+ and would want a vaccine to sail. We are in NJ, and I don’t see progress getting the vaccine to seniors. We did email the Governor giving our opinion of priority for seniors!

I also wrote a letter to our Governor pleading with them to speed up the vaccines. I am not the letter writing type but this vaccine rollout is so frustrating.

We have way too many stages and intermediate stages within our state. I agree with you a simpler two phase rollout would have been better for everyone.

CDC is immediately switching the entire country to the two-stage rollout: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/cov...and-eligibility-to-everyone-65-and-older.html

This should be a huge improvement. Once the vaccine is plentiful, they need to let private companies administer it like the flu shot, with only proof of age. If they start with 65 and work there way down a decade at a time, they should be able to administer as much vaccine as they can get their hands on.

Just found something else out. I had already rebooked anticipating the cancelation. I was told I would not be credited my Down payment if I applied my FCC to that future cruise that it would be applied to onboard credit as well with the 125%. Tricky Tricky. So basically they want swap so to get the down payment back I will have to cancel out right and call back rebook in a new reservation when the FCC is applied.

CDC is immediately switching the entire country to the two-stage rollout: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/cov...and-eligibility-to-everyone-65-and-older.html

This should be a huge improvement. Once the vaccine is plentiful, they need to let private companies administer it like the flu shot, with only proof of age. If they start with 65 and work there way down a decade at a time, they should be able to administer as much vaccine as they can get their hands on.
That's good to hear! I know we have never tried it before a mass vaccination, so it SEEMED like a good idea to rank people but I think it just created a bottleneck. If they do see the error and change course, that's great and I will support it.

I would assume the FCC would move forward until it is actually used. You cannot have two FCC but you have still not been able to use the first. What I have been told it has to be used before May 31st 2022.
Makes complete sense. So much for the dream of drowning myself in unlimited boat drinks. I would probably end up in the infirmary with one of those toothpick umbrellas in my eye anyway, so it is for the best.
It has been absolutely crazy since this is our first Disney Cruise and it seems the fates are aligned against it. But we are ignoring the three strikes rule and pressing forward! Think booking for Easter 2022 will give them time to work things out?
BTW, we did end up going to the Disneyworld Parks in Dec and were so completely impressed on how Disney is managing things in these crazy times.

Makes complete sense. So much for the dream of drowning myself in unlimited boat drinks. I would probably end up in the infirmary with one of those toothpick umbrellas in my eye anyway, so it is for the best.
It has been absolutely crazy since this is our first Disney Cruise and it seems the fates are aligned against it. But we are ignoring the three strikes rule and pressing forward! Think booking for Easter 2022 will give them time to work things out?
BTW, we did end up going to the Disneyworld Parks in Dec and were so completely impressed on how Disney is managing things in these crazy times.

I booked the Magic and am getting off on Easter for that reason. Things have got to be worked out by then. Previously I rebooked my canceled Aug 2020 to Aug 2021, but I'm not confident even that will sail. For anyone worried about moving FCC from one rebooked cruise to another, it was no issue when we called.

Glad they finally cancelled March 2021. We had a 5 night Magic OV booked for March 2021. Since we were PIF. I just booked a 7 night Fantasy W Caribbean for March 2022. We got a cabin with a verandah, with the 25% FCC, the new cruise is just a few hundred more. Of course the fare went up some from what it was a few days ago. Hope those of you who have had several cruises canceled will be able to book a cruise that actually sails. Good luck everyone!

I admit I thought they might too... it sure felt like a long time between when they disappeared from the website and now, but maybe I wasn't paying as much attention before. I'm still not seeing the announcement on the site but once I do, I'll add it to the sticky thread.

This is a positive step forward but it isn't the end-all-be-all. I know because I'm in Texas, where we've already been in the second part of the roll-out for weeks, but still literally no health care center or pharmacy is actually giving out the vaccine to people in the 2nd group (over 65's) yet. State officials keep telling them to, but health care providers keep saying that they haven't vaccinated all of their workers, yet, so they won't give it to the 2nd group. I swear, give someone a little power and watch what happens...

Texas is now shifting to a large vaccine hub model, and away from utilizing a lot of small health care providers, because the small provider model has been so inefficient and has so little communication & accountability.

Last edited:
This is such a good explanation of the problem. Yesterday our state reported that on Sunday they hadn't even managed to vaccinated 1,000 that day.
I read an article about a pharmacy that had accidentally stopped their refrigeration, so they had to use up all of their supply asap before it became useless. They vaccinated a record number of people that day. How? Because they didn't make appointments, didn't try to sort people out, didn't try to micromanage. They just offered the vaccine to whoever was available then and there who wanted it.

If we switched to that model, imagine how fast we could get to a 70% or 80% vaccination rate nationwide. It would just be a matter of how fast they could make the doses, and more are coming in all the time, especially with Johnson & Johnson's jab about to be approved.

I noticed they started offering 25% off on select cruises for April awhile back. They never offered that for March as far as I know. I feel like they will start back with limited capacity cruising in April. I know others are saying late summer. It is just a gut feeling after talking with multiple reps about March. I myself would not want to be the first to go out with all the new restrictions that I’m sure will be in place.

I noticed they started offering 25% off on select cruises for April awhile back. They never offered that for March as far as I know. I feel like they will start back with limited capacity cruising in April. I know others are saying late summer. It is just a gut feeling after talking with multiple reps about March. I myself would not want to be the first to go out with all the new restrictions that I’m sure will be in place.

I would agree except that I really don’t see DCL starting up before the bigger players like RCCL and Carnival who have both cancelled at least through April.

Just found something else out. I had already rebooked anticipating the cancelation. I was told I would not be credited my Down payment if I applied my FCC to that future cruise that it would be applied to onboard credit as well with the 125%. Tricky Tricky. So basically they want swap so to get the down payment back I will have to cancel out right and call back rebook in a new reservation when the FCC is applied.

did you call back and rebook or did they allow you to apply the FCC and get your deposit back when you called back?

Reactions: PKQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!