***March 2020***

We are heading down for March 2020! Staying at Copper Creek (our DVC Home) for the first time - yay! ADR's need to be made on the 23rd and I still have no idea what we are doing.
I WAS nervous about the crowd situation, but i think there are so many variables for 2020 that will thin out crowd:
1. tons of construction in Epcot that won't be completed until 2021
2. FP Tiers changed in HS
3. No FP for rides in GE
4. People waiting to go to Disney for the 50th in 2021 (maybe??)

Either way - see you guys in March!

Yeah we make ADRs on the 24th, but I think I will need to make a backup plan because they will probably be picked over. I think crowds will be large that last week of March because of SWGE. Several people I’ve talked to in my local area are waiting for that Spring Break week to go down and check it out (including us!) But who knows? 🤷‍♀️

Sooo we just changed our March reservation from Copper Creek to Disney Hilton Head Resort....
I'm too paranoid about crowds and I know Hilton Head is a solid relaxation vacation - plus the cast members are out of this world and i can still score dole whip and mickey pretzels.

We made our ADRs today!!!! We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted. Here is what we ended up with:

3/19
* Dinner at Coral Reef

3/20
* 8:05a at BOG but MK opens at 8a that day, so will likely cancel this one
* Dinner at Ohana

3/21
* Breakfast at Tusker House
* Lunch and Dinner reservations at Yak and Yeti -- will let one go once I get plans squared away

3/22
* 8a BOG PPO!!
* 12:30 BOG (will likely cancel this one....unless they do the Early Magic Event again and will get tickets for this and cancel breakfast)
* Dinner at Whispering Canyon

3/23
* Dinner at 50s Prime Time

3/24
* 8a Garden Grill PPO
* Dinner at Biergarten

3/25
* Lunch at Yak and Yeti
* Dinner at Sebastian's Bistro

3/26
* Lunch at Mama Melrose (will likely cancel)
* Dinner at Beaches and Cream

3/27
* Brunch at Park Fare
* Lunch/Dinner at The Plaza (wil

Good to hear!

We are booked for Cinderella’s Castle lunch for our first day in the parks (lets start off with a bang :)), Beaches and Cream lunch, Mama Melrose Fantasmic preferred seating lunch (I almost forgot about the Fantasmic option at MM - may want to consider it if interested), Oga’s Cantina, 50’s Prime Time Cafe lunch, Oga’s Cantina again for a second visit, Jungle Navigation and last evening dinner at Crystal Palace.

We did BOG last year for dinner and really enjoyed the experience. Cinderella’s castle is kind of taking its place this next trip since we have never dined there.

We also did Tusker House last time and it was awesome - food was probably the best I’ve had for a character meal and the characters were awesome while we were there. I could do it again this trip but we decided to try new options for the most part.

We LOVED 50’s prime time so we are doing it again. All other restaurants chosen above will be new experiences for my four pack.

If anybody has any suggestions for us to add feel free - we definitely prefer eating in the parks but are making one exception for Beaches and Cream after a seasoned WDW friend raved about how good it is.

Is it weird that I am not making any plans? I'm still waiting to hear what is the first day of F&G because that, and my mom's 75th bday, is the whole point of our trip. I won't be making any ADRs and will stick to "home-cooked" meals in our hotel for breakfast and dinner and lounges for lunch. We may or may not go to MK or AK. Honestly I'm just going along with my mom's interests and energy levels. We just want to hang out at the World Showcase and take in every.single.detail. Everything else is just icing on the (birthday) cake.

Last edited:
Good to hear!

We are booked for Cinderella’s Castle lunch for our first day in the parks (lets start off with a bang :)), Beaches and Cream lunch, Mama Melrose Fantasmic preferred seating lunch (I almost forgot about the Fantasmic option at MM - may want to consider it if interested), Oga’s Cantina, 50’s Prime Time Cafe lunch, Oga’s Cantina again for a second visit, Jungle Navigation and last evening dinner at Crystal Palace.

We did BOG last year for dinner and really enjoyed the experience. Cinderella’s castle is kind of taking its place this next trip since we have never dined there.

We also did Tusker House last time and it was awesome - food was probably the best I’ve had for a character meal and the characters were awesome while we were there. I could do it again this trip but we decided to try new options for the most part.

We LOVED 50’s prime time so we are doing it again. All other restaurants chosen above will be new experiences for my four pack.

If anybody has any suggestions for us to add feel free - we definitely prefer eating in the parks but are making one exception for Beaches and Cream after a seasoned WDW friend raved about how good it is.

Love, love, love Tusker House! Will you be going to Animal Kingdom? If so, you might consider Yak and Yeti. It was one of our favorite meals last year and a repeat again this year. It is in the park and might be one to consider if you need an AK in the park place.

Tusker House is great! Speaking of Animal Kingdom, we want a quick service meal there. Has anyone done Pizzafari or Flame Tree Barbecue? Do you need an ADR for Flame Tree? I have heard conflicting things.

We are doing AK and have that day wide open so far for food. I think I will grab a YY ADR - have heard many good things about it and looks like their menu is diverse enough to feed the pickier members of my family. Thanks!

Tusker House is great! Speaking of Animal Kingdom, we want a quick service meal there. Has anyone done Pizzafari or Flame Tree Barbecue? Do you need an ADR for Flame Tree? I have heard conflicting things.

We did the snack version of Flame Tree BBQ last year -- I forget the name of it but it had several varieties of mac and cheese. We got a mac and cheese with pulled pork, bbq sauce, etc. as a snack credit and split it between the four of us with a pretzel and it was plenty. I haven't heard great things about Pizzafari but always read/hear great things about Flame Tree.

I just now found this thread! My daughter and I are headed down March 21-28 from IND. She'll be turning 6 while we're there, and has *just* figured out that we'll be there during her birthday. We're staying at Poly, and I was able to log on this morning and get all the ADRs I was hoping for, so now it's just a matter of booking flights and FP, when that window opens, plus all the nitty-gritty vacation planning-type stuff. It still feels really far away, but I know the time will fly by!

I just now found this thread! My daughter and I are headed down March 21-28 from IND. She'll be turning 6 while we're there, and has *just* figured out that we'll be there during her birthday. We're staying at Poly, and I was able to log on this morning and get all the ADRs I was hoping for, so now it's just a matter of booking flights and FP, when that window opens, plus all the nitty-gritty vacation planning-type stuff. It still feels really far away, but I know the time will fly by!

Welcome to the March crew! We will be there the same week as you. :)

I got ADRs done today! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in terms of getting the places we wanted, but we did have to adjust times a bit. We will be staying at Beach Club Villas, arriving late on 3/22, and my sister and BIL will be staying at Fort Wilderness in a camper. We will be making most breakfasts at our respective "homes" for the week!

3/23
Lunch - Docking Bay 7 (quick service)
Dinner - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
We also have reservations for Oga's Cantina around lunch time, and after that Savi's and the Droid Depot. It's going to be an expensive day, but my kids love SW, sooo....

3/24
Lunch - Be Our Guest
Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo (6:15 show)

3/25
We will be doing things off Disney Property
Dinner - Beaches and Cream

3/26
Lunch - Tutto Italia
Dinner - New Space restaurant? - not open for ADRs yet!

3/27
Breakfast - Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch
Lunch - In the room
Supper - Flame Tree Barbecue
(We aren't planning to go to Animal Kingdom until after lunch. We will spend the morning in the pool and then head there later in the day.)

I'm getting really excited now!

I got ADRs done today! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in terms of getting the places we wanted, but we did have to adjust times a bit. We will be staying at Beach Club Villas, arriving late on 3/22, and my sister and BIL will be staying at Fort Wilderness in a camper. We will be making most breakfasts at our respective "homes" for the week!

3/23
Lunch - Docking Bay 7 (quick service)
Dinner - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
We also have reservations for Oga's Cantina around lunch time, and after that Savi's and the Droid Depot. It's going to be an expensive day, but my kids love SW, sooo....

3/24
Lunch - Be Our Guest
Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo (6:15 show)

3/25
We will be doing things off Disney Property
Dinner - Beaches and Cream

3/26
Lunch - Tutto Italia
Dinner - New Space restaurant? - not open for ADRs yet!

3/27
Breakfast - Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch
Lunch - In the room
Supper - Flame Tree Barbecue
(We aren't planning to go to Animal Kingdom until after lunch. We will spend the morning in the pool and then head there later in the day.)

I'm getting really excited now!

So fun!!! The ADRs add a nice level of hope to the countdown. :) We are wanting to try the new space restaurant too and have been keeping an eye out for news related to ADRs.

F&G dates are out! Woo hoo! Plans so far:

Monday, 3/2 - Arrival day
3pm tea at Grand Floridian
Dinner/fireworks from the California Grill lounge

Tuesday, 3/3 - Magic Kingdom
My mom does not do rides so we will just do the Main Street streetmosphere and shows until noon. We'll leave the park for lunch and return for the parade then call it a day.

Wednesday, 3/4 - 75th Bday at Epcot F&G!!!!!
Although I know my mom will barely touch the food I will be making ADRs for the Frozen dessert party just so she can sit and enjoy the nighttime show. Lunch will most probably be at the QS Mexican restaurant. My mom just needs her margarita and she'll be happy. We'll spend most of our day exploring the World Showcase and pretending we are on a grand tour of Europe.

Thursday, 3/5 - Animal Kingdom
We'll definitely take our time walking through "Africa" and "India," take in the streetmosphere, and watch Festival of the Lion King. Depending on how much energy she has left we may or may not stay for the nighttime show.

Friday, 3/6 - Departure Day
Definitely want to do something special but not sure what yet. We are staying offsite so it does add another layer of planning.

Going 3/8-3/20 with 10 day tix. Have plenty of dining and a couple desert parties booked. 3 things I'm waiting for:
1) change of park hours (extended I hope): a couple years back MK opened at 8am and it was great...don't expect that to happen again because:
2) hopefully EMM back at MK
3) RotR to open at HS so I can plan. I am not staying onsite so I really hope once the new ride opens that the don't extend the 6am EMH into march....otherwise I may have to book a campsite for 1 day at Fort Wilderness!!

Joining you all in the fun of planning a March 2020 trip!

My DH and I will be there 3/15-3/23. We are staying the first night in POFQ and then moving to BLT for 7 nights :cool1:

I’ll come back and post my ADRs later...I’m sure I’ll overlap with some of you all!

I’m really wishing for EMM at DHS that week! We’ve done EMM at TSL twice now and loved it. I don’t know how it would work with SWGE but I’m hoping :P

Got our airfare booked for March! Paid 505 for 2 of us BDL to MCO march 22-march28th.

You got a great price on airfare! I just booked Southwest the other day, the minute fares opened up, and I’m paying $384 RT. CRAZY! What airline are you on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter