Marcelene to Magic Tour with EVC?

heidijanesmith

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this tour with an EVC?

I have done the backstage magic tour when I was more ambulatory and noticed that some of the tour required stairs.

I was just wondering about an EVC. I can walk some, I have heard you get to ride on the HM.

Any tips/advice is appreciated.

Usually, even the tours that require stairs can be modified for those with ECVs, if they can't, Disney will say so in the description or when you call to book if you ask.

Yeah. Backstage Magic is wheelchair/ETC accessible. If nobody on your tour used a mobility device, you wouldn't be made aware. Ditto for UnDisCoverd Future World, and I would guess most other tours.

Yep, I can confirm that Keys to the Kingdom is accessible as well. There were elevators/ alternate routes where needed. If there isn’t someone in a wheelchair / ECV in the group, they would just use the stairs.
Yeah. Backstage Magic is wheelchair/ETC accessible. If nobody on your tour used a mobility device, you wouldn't be made aware. Ditto for UnDisCoverd Future World, and I would guess most other tours.

Thank you for the info. I have never been on these tours before.

This is only speculation on my part, but I bet that the inaccessible tours are the ones at AK which go out into the animal habitats. I would expect that it’s those areas that are either difficult to make accessible or there are reasons that they don’t want powered equipment around the animals.

This is only speculation on my part, but I bet that the inaccessible tours are the ones at AK which go out into the animal habitats. I would expect that it’s those areas that are either difficult to make accessible or there are reasons that they don’t want powered equipment around the animals.
There are some that go out into the animal habitats that are accessible, but there are a few tours that aren't accessible, as far as I am aware, those that aren't accessible or have limited access are:
  • EPCOT
    • Dive Quest - Must be SCUBA Certified and I don't believe they have a chair lift, but that may have changed since I last looked into it for someone that needed it.
    • Dolphins In Depth & Epcot Seas Aqua Tour - Again, I don't believe there is a chair lift or water wheelchair available for these
    • Behind the seeds - ECV users must transfer to a manual chair
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Wild Africa Trek - Must be able to walk - Maximum Weight (including Grea) - 310 lbs
    • Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour - The nature of the tour is it is on a Segway, so this would require standing on such a vehicle - 250 lb Maximum Weight
  • Hotels
    • Escape to Walt's Wilderness - Uses pontoon boats, which last I check are not accessible
    • Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour - 250 lb weight limit - Again a Segway based tour; however, this one states that guests with special needs should contact the Disney Tour department to see if they can participate.
As far as I am aware, all other tours can be made to be accessible.

Interesting. I have taken Behind the Seeds using an ECV.
Just what the official rules state, of course we all know that sometimes things can be different once there, but based on your experience, my guess is they say this in case someone has a larger ECV that won't fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter