Marathon Weekend 2024

Another “I was sick but made it” post. Last year, Sunday before the marathon I woke up with my first and only case of vertigo! Couldn’t walk or even hold up my head without “spinning.” DH drove me to the doctor Monday morning; he gave me a steroid shot and a Z-pak. We arrived at WDW Tuesday afternoon. I could walk slowly, but the vertigo was lingering; we went to EP for some dinner and my family’s ride on Guardians while I sat and waited for them. By Saturday and Sunday I could run. Whew! I took the last one of the steroids on Marathon morning and told my husband I was glad there was no drug testing. His answer, “Don’t worry; you’re not elite!”😂
ETA I did Goofy!

Another “I was sick but made it” post. Last year, Sunday before the marathon I woke up with my first and only case of vertigo! Couldn’t walk or even hold up my head without “spinning.” DH drove me to the doctor Monday morning; he gave me a steroid shot and a Z-pak. We arrived at WDW Tuesday afternoon. I could walk slowly, but the vertigo was lingering; we went to EP for some dinner and my family’s ride on Guardians while I sat and waited for them. By Saturday and Sunday I could run. Whew! I took the last one of the steroids on Marathon morning and told my husband I was glad there was no drug testing. His answer, “Don’t worry; you’re not elite!”😂
ETA I did Goofy!
But I think you are awesome! 🙂

Not me, dragging my DH and toddler around the mall yesterday looking for more leggings to go under race costumes, fighting the masses who are spending their Christmas money or desperately trying to find something to do since we usually have enough snow by this point for the ski resorts and snowmobile trails to be open but it's 40.

Also totally not me debating finding an Old Navy along our route tomorrow that has the purple leggings in-stock that I could pick up.

DEFINITELY not me refreshing the runner tracking page for bib assignments and avoiding packing.

On a different note, the closer we have gotten to race weekend, the warmer (for the most part) the forecast has gotten. I know it's still almost a week away, but I'm much less trepidatious about mid-50s at race start than I am about mid-40s. And also, we are packing a shoe dryer. Ugh.

Last edited:
I'm officially announcing Last Call for additions/changes to our official marathon week Dis packets. (I'm feeling very officious at the moment).

Because we will not know our actual corrals until after publication, we know that some of the entries will be incorrect...we just don't know which ones. But if you think you may be in a different corral or want to change your anticipated pace, then let @Herding_Cats and I know and we will make final changes later today or tomorrow. We will post it both as a PowerPoint and as a pdf for easier access.

Please forgive any errors and we hope you all find it helpful! The more @Herding_Cats and I worked on it, the more appreciation I had for what @DopeyBadger put together every year.

I’m packing protein powder for post-race nutrition. But my container is a huge Costco-sized one, so I’m portioning it out into ziplocks. Is this better put in a checked bag or a carry-on?

I'm officially announcing Last Call for additions/changes to our official marathon week Dis packets. (I'm feeling very officious at the moment).

Because we will not know our actual corrals until after publication, we know that some of the entries will be incorrect...we just don't know which ones. But if you think you may be in a different corral or want to change your anticipated pace, then let @Herding_Cats and I know and we will make final changes later today or tomorrow. We will post it both as a PowerPoint and as a pdf for easier access.

Please forgive any errors and we hope you all find it helpful! The more @Herding_Cats and I worked on it, the more appreciation I had for what @DopeyBadger put together every year.
Thanks for all the effort you've put into this. Saw that I forgot to mention my "real"name which is Chantal.

We will post it both as a PowerPoint

If the DIS rules are the same, you may have issues with a .ppt file and the sheer size of it as well (usually comes out around 20-25MB). That's why I always opted for .pdf files and had to downgrade them to get them under 5MB.

Sorry this is so late! Thanks to all who worked on it!

RACE - 5K
NAME -Stephanie
DIS'er name Fischstick
Costume/Clothing -
Mike Wasowski tank/black bottoms
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - Under 10:00
Club runDisney Platinum? - (Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Possibly
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early
Expected Race Pace - 35-ish minutes

RACE - 10K
NAME - Stephanie
DIS'er name - Fischstick
Costume/Clothing - Incredibles tank/black bottoms
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - Under 10
Expected Race Pace - Approximately 65 minutes

RACE - Half
NAME - Stephanie
DIS'er name - Fischstick
Costume/Clothing - Merida inspired top/bottom
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 10:00
Expected Race Pace - 3:00 with lots of pics

RACE - Full
NAME - Stephanie
DIS'er name - Fischstick
Costume/Clothing - Tangled inspired outfit
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 10:30
Expected Race Pace - Probably 5:00 given pictures

I’m packing protein powder for post-race nutrition. But my container is a huge Costco-sized one, so I’m portioning it out into ziplocks. Is this better put in a checked bag or a carry-on?
I don’t think food is an issue going through security, but for peace of mind I’d put it in checked bag so they don’t pull you aside for having baggies of white powder. 🤣

(I once got my bag searched because it was full or funko pops. 🤣)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter