Marathon Weekend 2023

My running playlist is a bunch of up-tempo tunes from the 70s, 80s, and a little bit from the late 60s. On the way to lunch today, I heard one that I need to add: The Streak by Ray Stevens. I am old enough to remember when that fad was big and when the song came out in 1974. It still cracks me up to hear it today.

I know right, we are planning my husbands 40th to New Orleans in April. He is born 83 and I am an 84. I have one more year till I hit the big 40.
Im an 83er as well and my wife is an 84. I’m less than a month from the big 4-0. She’s planning a weekend getaway to New York to see a broadway show and check off some bucket list restaurants, Le Bernardin!! And then either a second weekend in NYC or an adults trip to WDW!! I’m not sure how I’ll compete with that next year. Yikes!!

Same!
Plus:
-Sisqo's Thong Song
-anything from BoyzIIMen (thought I caught a tail end of On Bended Knee one of the mornings but maybe not)
-anything from the 10 Things soundtrack
-anything from the Empire Records soundtrack

As a HS class of '99er growing up overseas, had an "interesting" mix of musical influences.

I was watching Empire Records last night as was thinking that most of that sound track would have been perfect. Would have loved to hear that version of Sugar High.

Im an 83er as well and my wife is an 84. I’m less than a month from the big 4-0. She’s planning a weekend getaway to New York to see a broadway show and check off some bucket list restaurants, Le Bernardin!! And then either a second weekend in NYC or an adults trip to WDW!! I’m not sure how I’ll compete with that next year. Yikes!!

DH and I finally got to Le Bernardin last year, and it was FABULOUS! Just say yes to everything they offer, budget be damned.

SAFD:
I BARELY squeaked into being born in the 80s instead of the 90s. This fact was pretty apparent when I went to answer SAFD and started double checking dates on songs I associate with the 90s and found half of them were released in the early 2000s.

Out of ones I didn't hear on the course (because I did hear 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'I Want it That Way', 'No Scrubs' and 'Oops I Did it Again' on course) I'd probably add Zombies, Wonderwall, Iris, Losing My Religion, Torn and 98 degrees. Also there were a lot less Disney Renaissance songs on course than I expected, but I really enjoyed how they brought in a lot of songs from 90s Disney live musicals.

Personally, I also loved all the Duck Tales, Talespin, Dark Wing Duck, Gummi Bears music. True story, growing up we didn't have cable at home, so on our annual trips to Disney in the 90s my parents had a hard time getting me to go to the theme parks because I just wanted to watch Disney Channel on the TV in our hotel room 24/7. Brought back fond memories.

DH and I finally got to Le Bernardin last year, and it was FABULOUS! Just say yes to everything they offer, budget be damned.
It’s Éric Ripert and and Le Bernardin, is there any other option. I think we hope to hit Red Rooster Harlem too. A local chef here in MN had Marcus Samuelsson as a guest chef for a charity event recently but we weren’t able to fit it in our budget with Disney on the books and tech layoffs that were going on. But we’ll have to hit up his place when we’re in NYC.

All this talk about 90s music reminds me of this past summer when I was having lunch with my new team. They were talking about the song Peaches which I assumed was the beloved The Presidents of the United States of America song but apparently Bieber has a song with the same name 🤷‍♀️. I've never felt older. Even after I embarrassed myself by singing that peaches come from a can they had no idea what I was talking about. 🤣
Oh my gosh! My 12 year old hates peaches and I always sing this song when he complains! I’ve played it for him on Alexa. Basically he thinks I’m insane and embarrassing. Millions of peaches, peaches for me!

I also played my kids Lunchlady Land recently…. I like to think they were fairly impressed I knew all the words

Nice!!! My big 40 will be doing doopey 2025. We were debating on which one I should do 2024 or 2025... 2025 is closer to my Sept birthday and will be 40.

Curious how survey feedback differs then? If people make suggestions do they just... delete the surveys?
Second paragraph: "... solicited by us." When they ask for suggestions in surveys, they include a little disclaimer that you have no rights to your ideas. This prevents people from suing them when they implement something and you claim "they stole my idea." They'd have to pay you royalties or a license fee if they developed a new concept based on your unsolicited idea.

Took a few days off from the board as my son has us running around all over with baseball stuff before the high school season starts.

Still haven't hit the pavement since being back. My legs actually felt really good two days after the Dopey, but I knew better than to push it . Hoping tomorrow to get out out lunch for a 4 miler, but it looks like we have a pretty good chance of rain here in the Houston area.

Right now trying to decide if I try to register for the DL Half Marathon Weekend in hopes my boss will allow me to be gone for two weeks if I do WDW MW again. I could see him telling me to choose one or the other to be out for the week. So the fear is losing out on the registration fee if that is how it plays out.

Anyone know when W&D registration usually opens? Wife and I are contemplating signing up for it.

I just got the weirdest response to my email suggesting they offer registration insurance for COVID:

View attachment 732867
lol. okay then.
Curious how survey feedback differs then? If people make suggestions do they just... delete the surveys?
That’s the standard, boiler-plate reply to anything sent as a suggestion. It’sDisney’s CYA legal response.

Took a few days off from the board as my son has us running around all over with baseball stuff before the high school season starts.

Still haven't hit the pavement since being back. My legs actually felt really good two days after the Dopey, but I knew better than to push it . Hoping tomorrow to get out out lunch for a 4 miler, but it looks like we have a pretty good chance of rain here in the Houston area.

Right now trying to decide if I try to register for the DL Half Marathon Weekend in hopes my boss will allow me to be gone for two weeks if I do WDW MW again. I could see him telling me to choose one or the other to be out for the week. So the fear is losing out on the registration fee if that is how it plays out.

Anyone know when W&D registration usually opens? Wife and I are contemplating signing up for it.
All dates here:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...for-2023-2024-rundisney-race-season-are-here/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter