Marathon Weekend 2022

My pre-race meal before my first marathon was chicken, ribs, and steak. It was not properly named at the time but has since been dubbed the turf ‘n’ turf ‘n’ turf by my family.

It has not become a ritual. Do not recommend.

I used Fig Newtons on the advice of Someone on the Internet... and will concede that they were great as fuel, but oh so crumbly! A real pain to carry and eat. I wound up with crumbs falling down the inside of my bra, which caused chafing. Haven't used them since: gels work just fine for me and are a LOT easier to carry and consume!

I use Sour Patch Kids, but not (entirely) for nutrition. I count out one for each mile along the course and put them in a baggie, eating one at each mile marker. It's a great way to "count down" the mileage, and watching that bag get emptier is motivating for me.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what Disney IPs would you like to see better represented at the parks?

Prior to the announced Splash Mountain changes, my top answer would’ve been Princess and the Frog. We need a Tiana’s Place in MK or Epcot!

I’d love to see Hercules (Greece pavilion) or Tarzan in the parks, too.

Have a great week, everyone!

Jumping in for SAFD: I know I haven't been on this thread for a while, because I thought I would rather run Princess instead of MW. But now that races are mmmmmaaayyyyybe being announced soon, I feel myself getting greedy and I may register for both weekends (or at least attempt) in a fit of exuberance.

ANYway, SAFD: Definitely Big Hero 6. Love that movie, love Baymax, and it would give us a terrific thrill ride. Put us on Baymax's back instead of a banshee! Or give us both!

SAFD:

I’d like to see Test Track reimagined to Sugar Rush Racers. My favorite part of that ride currently is designing the car and it would be just as fun designing a candy car. The actual ride desperately needs new theming. Going 65 mph isn’t impressive for a car or a roller coaster; if there were theming, speeding towards a finish line would make the speed feel more impressive and you wouldn’t need the somewhat pathetic speedometer.

I honestly think they couldn’t possibly imagine worse theming for the ride than what is currently there (well, they could theme it to their worst IP, Cars:cool2:).

I honestly think they couldn’t possibly imagine worse theming for the ride than what is currently there (well, they could theme it to their worst IP, Cars:cool2:).

They DID, at DLCA. It's actually pretty cool, but still a lame ride. I LOVE the ides of Sugar Rush Racers on this!

They DID, at DLCA. It's actually pretty cool, but still a lame ride. I LOVE the ides of Sugar Rush Racers on this!

I’m aware. I think it’s amazing how much people seem to love Radiator Springs Racers and hate Test Track when they’re essentially the same ride and, imo, Cars is the least interesting IP they have (I realize it’s very popular with small children). I’m sure others would have the same opinion about Sugar Rush Racers that I have about RSR, but it would still be a huge upgrade on theming. I don’t know what their deal is with Chevrolet but I can’t imagine either Disney or Chevy is super excited with how the ride is currently viewed.

I totally agree! And at the same time, it'd be fun to make the cars EV and really show off that technology. Chevy has their Volt, but if they could get Tesla on board that would REALLY showcase some speed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter