Marathon Weekend 2022

You shouldn’t pause your watch during the race. The time limit for sweeper buses and course closures is on elapsed time. Turning your watch off for 10-20 minutes during rides might give you false hope if you’re near the time limit.

FWIW, there is an Elapsed time field on Garmins that will factor in all time from when you start the timer to when you reset the activity--it includes manual stoppage/pausing of recording. So you could pause--so as not to mess up run data--and still have an indicator of how much actual time has elpased (and therefore how much cushion you may have).

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite Epcot attraction?

I enjoy Spaceship Earth, the Frozen ride and Journey into Imagination, but my favorite Epcot attraction is definitely Soarin'. It's always a blast.

That said, maybe the best "attraction" in Epcot is just strolling the World Showcase.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

You shouldn’t pause your watch during the race. The time limit for sweeper buses and course closures is on elapsed time. Turning your watch off for 10-20 minutes during rides might give you false hope if you’re near the time limit.

Oh for sure, but I also "forgot" very much on purpose because I WANTED this to show up! :)

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite Epcot attraction?

I enjoy Spaceship Earth, the Frozen ride and Journey into Imagination, but my favorite Epcot attraction is definitely Soarin'. It's always a blast.

That said, maybe the best "attraction" in Epcot is just strolling the World Showcase.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

In no particular order
- the exhibit at the Japan pavilion. They always have the most interesting displays.
- La Cava del Tequila
- Takumi-Tei
- Off Kilter (RIP)
- Soarin'
- Frozen
- Test Track
- DATW

SAFD:

“We have the stars to guide us...”

Gran Fiesta Tour with The Three Caballeros is my favorite. It’s so cool and relaxing on a warm day. I love the characters and the song. In the normal times it’s almost always a walk on.

I’m very much looking forward to Guardians in the future as well.

SAFD:
My current favorite attraction is probably Test Track, although I like the old design a bit better.

My future favorite attraction, as soon as it opens, will be Ratatouille. I've ridden the original in Disneyland Paris, and it's amazing. The Guardians of the Galaxy ride also looks pretty epic as well. I've got high hopes for that one.

SAFD: Hmm ... probably Test Track and Gran Fiesta Tour. Also, all the characters, but those don't really count as an attraction, I guess.
Unpopular opinion ... I could take or leave World Showcase. There is some cool stuff there, but my idea of fun is not walking around looking at buildings that may or may not resemble things in other countries.

SAFD: A bit of cheat, since it's not open to everyone......The GM Lounge at Test Track....it has the most phenomenal views of Spaceship Earth, the monorail and the ride whizzing by below on the track (which moves a lot, BTW....sort of freaky)

I do love Spaceship Earth, and the old Soarin' (the new one is busy, distorted garbage). And the exhibits in Mexico and China can be very interesting.

I can have a pretty good time at Epcot without doing anything I really consider an attraction, particularly while they have a festival going on. That said, I am really looking forward to the added crowds that the new attractions should be able to absorb. The cynic in me knows that just means increased overall park capacity; but it should still lead to a little better dispersion of the crowds.

EPCOT is a tough one for me.
I miss the old Soarin’ I think they wrecked it with this version
I miss Maelstrom
I miss Sum of All Thrills
For fun I think I’d go with Test Track, and for a nice relaxing experience, I really like Living With the Land (had planned behind the seeds tour prior to shutdown and hope to still do that someday)

Actually just spent yesterday with my wife and daughter at the butterfly garden, walking the world showcase, and dinner at France. No attractions needed for a nice time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter