• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

SAFD: First off, let me say how relieved I am that I'm not the only person out there who either hated, actively hates or kind of dreads running. What a relief! I'm not alone! I felt like such a poser on this thread. I'm slow as heck. My husband and son run with me and take turns on who gets to do the 'slow run with mom'. I have to drag myself out for most runs. Sometimes, I have to convince myself not to turn around early and head home.

HOWEVER, I love the sense of accomplishment at the end of each run. I'm usually thrilled and surprised that I made it. I like my extremely red and sweaty face at the end. I like the long term commitment. I do like the swag and cool shoes that I get to buy. I have only ever done one other half marathon before (Disney's MW in 2011) - if I do a second one, I might just have to buy myself that half-marathon bumper sticker...

We have a DVC booking at Saratoga Springs for Tuesday 1/4 through Monday 1/10 just to have something in the hopes of doing Dopey. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I’m losing optimism. :(
Otherwise we’ll cancel and also have another booking for November for 50th Anniversary festivities/Christmas decorations.

We have a DVC booking at Saratoga Springs for Tuesday 1/4 through Monday 1/10 just to have something in the hopes of doing Dopey. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I’m losing optimism. :(
Otherwise we’ll cancel and also have another booking for November for 50th Anniversary festivities/Christmas decorations.
For the marathon next year I think they just have to decide they want to have the event, pretty obvious that things are going to be as normal as they can be by JAN. From a business standpoint, I could see them doing the math and deciding the benefit is not worth the hassle especially since they are doing an 18 month celebration for the 50th so they can pretend JAN 23" is the "50th". As far as health concerns, as a general rule everyone will have a vaccine by January in this country that wants one except possibly small children but that wouldn't really factor into this event you would think.

I don't see them doing Wine and Dine, sadly.

I’ve made RunDisney trips both solo and with family. My preference is for solo trips. When you travel with a non-runner it gets complicated with the early morning wake up calls. The timing of eating and going to bed get thrown off and I feel like I’m impinging on their enjoyment of the trip with my altered schedule. When I go solo I can eat, nap, sleep and get up when I need to without the worry that I’m preventing someone else from fully enjoying their trip.
This exactly. When my friends/family go to race weekends they complain about my schedule the whole time. :teeth: It could get frustrating, but I remind them that they knew this is a race weekend. Solo can be fun, and you can attend meet ups as well from time to time!

Last edited:
SAFD: Literally nothing. Running is dumb and has basically ruined my sleep schedule and made people think I'm something I'm not (a runner).
But I do like that they give you shiny objects at the end sometimes.

Oh wait, I like running because it's faster than walking, so even though I can't do it in my normal shoes and I need to buy special shoes that cost a lot of money, I like that I can cover more ground in the same amount of time. Okay, that sounds much better.
This is me. I like the swag. I hate running. I used to hate every step. Now I hate the first two miles... and the last three.

THIS!!!! I do it for swag, challenge and accomplishment.

I don’t like to run with people because then I am constantly reminded I am doing it while actually doing it. I need my mind to leave so I forget what I am doing and my body just does it’s thing.

My heart agrees with you but my brain keeps fighting back.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

My daughters are watching Princess and the Frog, which has the best soundtrack of any Disney movie, IMO. So for this week's Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite Disney soundtrack?

I think Princess and the Frog doesn't have a single weak song. Most of them are great toe-tappers and sing-alongs. Anika Noni Rose's voice is incredible. "Dig a Little Deeper" is one of my favorite Disney songs, but "Almost There," "Friends on the Other Side" and "When We're Human" are so good, too. I could go on and on...

Have a safe and happy week!

SAFD: This is like picking which one of my nieces and nephews is my favorite.

My favorite song is from The Little Mermaid (Part of Your World), I think both Frozen films have some bangers, Princess and the Frog and Tangled both recalled the golden age of Disney music, Hercules and Tarzan are extraordinarily underrated (fight me, Phil Collins haters:banana:), Oliver and Company didn’t build well enough on the start supplied by Huey Lewis and Billy Joel, and Aladdin and Lion King are pretty decent too.

Ultimately, it’s Beauty and the Beast for full soundtrack with Little Mermaid just behind. Belle is an extraordinary piece, my second favorite individual song and, imo, the greatest piece of exposition storytelling Disney has ever done. Gaston is another top 10 for me and there are no weak links.

Id like to recall earlier films more fondly, but there’s something about the films that released during my lifetime that made the music stick with me a little more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter