Marathon Weekend 2022

We had a big group this morning! Sorry for those who didn't find us. When you come into the big waiting area with the DJ stage, we were all the way right and about halfway back as you enter (facing the food trucks).
Someone please tap me on the shoulder tomorrow. I will be dressed as Deadpool and wandering around looking for you all. My guess is I was more or less circling you this morning and should’ve ask if y’all were our crew

We had a big group this morning! Sorry for those who didn't find us. When you come into the big waiting area with the DJ stage, we were all the way right and about halfway back as you enter (facing the food trucks).

‘I’m not sure that was actually our group, unless half of it decided to wear green unicorn hats.

I saw in another group it was around 1.5 mi from the parking to get through security and into the corrals. Did anyone notice if the walk was shorter via uber or bus?

What was the ratio of characters on the sideline waving vs roped off with photopass?

also I know no characters pre/post but any backdrops??? (Like how W&D had the Queen of heart throne & nautilus at MK staging and evil Queen throne & magic mirror at Epcot staging)

‘I’m not sure that was actually our group, unless half of it decided to wear green unicorn hats.

Well, I wouldn't put it past me to join the wrong one. 🙃

As for the walk, from the bus drop it was definitely longer. I think ride share was the same as I saw the signs for that area as we were pulling in. We were dropped in the park bus area and they used the scanners at the park entrance, then looped us all the way back to the staging area. I felt for those who drove, as they basically walked that whole thing twice.

I had as many steps from our car to starting the race and finishing the race back to the car as I did in the 5k (and we really explored the space in the 5k). I realize these races are difficult logistically but this felt almost as though they attempted to devise the worst possible plan.

But it was fun. And much better organized than Genie+.

What was the ratio of characters on the sideline waving vs roped off with photopass?

also I know no characters pre/post but any backdrops??? (Like how W&D had the Queen of heart throne & nautilus at MK staging and evil Queen throne & magic mirror at Epcot staging)

All on course characters had photopass.
- Cars themed background
- Pinocchio
- Abu
- Cogsworth & Luminere
- Sadness
- Joy

Post race they had 2 backdrops themed for the 50th with photopass. And 2 backdrops like what's at the expo outside next to the merch building - a window photo box thing themed for the race weekend. No photopass there because bib numbers aren't visible, but they do have a cast member you can hand your phone to.

I put all my codes in this morning for myself and DH through the Disney app. You have to manually enter the code, starting with the year, it’s all on the back of the bib. And if your bib number is less than 5 digits you put the proper amount of 0s at the beginning to make you bib number 5 digits (I.e. 00217 if you were bib 217.)

Thank you! The year tip did the trick!😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter