Marathon Weekend 2022

You came to the wrong place to avoid peer pressure!
Hahaha! I absolutely acknowledge that and I feel I already know my fate. I haven’t even “officially” started my marathon training. Next week is week 1. So now I need to try and think realistically. Do I even have enough time to make this not absolutely miserable? Took all winter/spring off running and have been riding every day instead. Just shifted back to running about mid July. Plan was for dopey in 2023.

I like the full medal and I know my wife, a hard core dog person, will love the 5k.

Now that the medals are out I really want to see the course and what they will have for kids races.

I know there is speculation that they won't have a kids event because they can't be vaccinated but that never made sense to me. They are packing kids into the parks, it shouldn't matter for kids events. I'm not trying to debate that of course, I don't want my wrist slapped. Just stating that using it as an excuse to delay the announcement seems bogus.

SAFD:

These are, to my initial observation, by far the best set of medals they’ve ever done. Thank goodness for the 50th anniversary finally giving them proper motivation to actually tie all the medals together. It has long been a huge pet peeve of mine that the medals have never all looked like they are from the same Weekend. Usually it’s Dopey and Goofy as the outliers but there have been years where they look like 6 different people designed them with no input or collaboration with one another.

As long as the quality matches the design I am super excited to add this set to my collection.

I like the full medal and I know my wife, a hard core dog person, will love the 5k.

Now that the medals are out I really want to see the course and what they will have for kids races.

I know there is speculation that they won't have a kids event because they can't be vaccinated but that never made sense to me. They are packing kids into the parks, it shouldn't matter for kids events. I'm not trying to debate that of course, I don't want my wrist slapped. Just stating that using it as an excuse to delay the announcement seems bogus.

Kids races might be a staffing and logistical issue. The margins on those events might be narrower than a larger event. I think they’ll be back in the future but they might not be rushing them back for reasons other than the pandemic.

I’m pleasantly surprised on the medals given how sort of vanilla the art work that had been revealed was, especially in comparison to Wine And Dine art and theming. Look great. Now I would like a non 90% 80 degree training day for a long run. It was a little rough at 77 degrees and 99% humidity yesterday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter