Marathon Weekend 2020

So would All Star Resorts and McDonald’s people have to go East and do a couple clover leafs at World Drive to head west back to AK?

Don't have to worry about McDonald's because it is closed for refurbishment until estimated March 2020. I can never remember which sites are allowable to link to on the DIS. But that still leaves All Stars to worry about.

Doing the half marathon. Would you suggest driving over to WWOS to pick up our race packet or taking a resort bus? I have never been over to WWOS before and not sure how the parking is there.
For the last 11 years on Marathon weekend, I have had 2 race traditions: I drive to WWoS for packet pickup on Friday, and then I drive the course -- well, I drive most of it. Parking has always been relatively easy. And if you do decide to drive the course, the new overpass near the MK toll booths makes it easier to tour the area around MK -- and see miles 7 and 8 -- without having to negotiate with a toll booth attendant.

At WWoS, you may have a bit of a walk depending on the lot you are directed to use, but it's a good time to stretch your legs. Good luck on your race!

Last edited:

Guys Touring Plans just emailed me that AK is now open til 8pm instead of 6pm on marathon Sunday. I really hate when they change hours after fast pass day. Maybe you can nab some FoP fast passes in those 2 extra hours if you act fast!

For the last 11 years on Marathon weekend, I have had 2 race traditions: I drive to WWoS for packet pickup on Friday, and then I drive the course -- well, I drive most of it. Parking has always been relatively easy. And if you do decide to drive the course, the new overpass near the MK toll booths makes it easier to tour the area around MK -- and see miles 7 and 8 -- without having to negotiate with a toll booth attendant.

At WWoS, you may have a bit of a walk depending on the lot you are directed to use, but it's a good time to stretch you legs. Good luck on your race!

Thanks! Trying to maximize park time on that Friday. So just trying to determine if the resort bus or driving will be the quickest in and out of WWOS. Sounds like driving is not that bad.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are just 51 days from the kickoff of Marathon Weekend!

So yesterday, my daughters got started on their holiday wish lists. For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what's on your wish list for Marathon Weekend? Your wishes can be related to the race(s) or just your trip in general? You'll also recall @DopeyBadger asked everyone for their goals a few months back and if memory serves correctly, he has his own plans for those, so try to branch out a little if you can.

It can be anything, so have fun with it!

A few things that come to mind for my wish list:

- Good weather for racing and for touring! For me, that means about 50 degrees, maybe a little cooler at the beginning of the race. 60s-70s during the day would be ideal for touring.
- Splash Mountain magically reopens! (come on, Santa, I need you to come through on this one)
- Seafood gumbo is on the menu when I eat at Boma. This is my favorite thing that I've eaten at WDW, but Boma has a rotating menu, so my fingers are crossed it's on the menu after the marathon.
- Getting to spend time with Disboard friends - especially during DATW.
- Snagging good locations for fireworks photos.

That's it for now, but I bet you guys will inspire a lot more ideas. Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD:
If we are not talking running specific wishes, hmmm. Ok here is my wish list:
  1. Christmas decorations, music, etc is still up and going. Always my favorite time of year to be in the parks!
  2. Hope to meet many of you all at pre-race meet ups. I will be leaving too soon for DATW unfortunately.
  3. Cool to cold weather at race time and warm weather during park time.
  4. That the Magic Kingdom Train is running (I hear that it is not and I refuse to accept that).
  5. Simply slowing the five days down and enjoying the moment, it always goes too fast.
Have a good week everyone. Got 12 miles to go get it now.

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what's on your wish list for Marathon Weekend?
Good weather! I know last year was not on the extreme scale of marathon weekend weather...but it was COLD everyday except the day of the marathon when it was HOT! I would like cool mornings (and marathon Sunday) followed by warm and sunny afternoons/evenings. Mild temps and low humidity sounds amazIng! (Is it time for the Marathon Weekend weather watch yet?)

Rise of the Resistance. I am hoping I have an opportunity to experience this attraction with a reasonable wait. I have a friend whose wife works on Batuu and the rumor is she may be joining the Resistance... It would be amazing to see her in action!

Fun with Friends! Between my Orlando friends, friends who will be participating in Marathon Weekend and DATW, I am looking forward to having fun with my friends!

So yesterday, my daughters got started on their holiday wish lists. For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what's on your wish list for Marathon Weekend? Your wishes can be related to the race(s) or just your trip in general?
Good weather is always on the list.

Hanging with some of my favorite people is also a must.

Rise of the resistance is a huge priority.

Just having fun. That’s my biggest wish.

- To enjoy my first Dopey Challenge and not die.
- To get to spend time with friends
- Good running weather
- That the new marathon course is awesome
- That registration opens up more spots so the people who still want to sign up can get in.
- New restaurants and attractions open - Space restaurant, new films for China and Canada, Beauty and the Beast sing along in France (Impressions de France is closed when I go next month but not in January, so that seems possible).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter