Marathon Weekend 2020

Careful there... after the 2019 WDW Marathon I said, "Well, 2020 can't possibly be any hotter!" Oops.
I kept telling myself that the heat and humidity couldn't possibly be worse than 2019 wouldn't be too bad because 2019 was pretty bad. It probably helped me psychologically, but the heat and humidity of 2020 was much worse than 2019.

Climate change? My first Disney and first ever marathon was 2007.
It was 84 degrees when it ended.
Other than a few blisters I would take the heat over 26 degrees that happened a couple of different marathon years.
In fact, I did a Goofy that was 26 degrees both days and even snow flurries running through EPCOT at 6 AM.
I prefer shedding clothes rather than picking up additional garments at mile 5. :sad1:

Mail call!

LZxtlrml.jpg

Got my DOPEY Finisher jacket today... yeah, Dopey sure looks different than I remember.

20200309_194815.jpg

it is quite thick and bulky, so i am glad they screwed it up because they dont have any Dopey ones left so i get refund and free return shipping.

given i lost $200k in retirement the last 2 weeks, everything helps. sigh

Got my DOPEY Finisher jacket today... yeah, Dopey sure looks different than I remember.

View attachment 479888

it is quite thick and bulky, so i am glad they screwed it up because they dont have any Dopey ones left so i get refund and free return shipping.

given i lost $200k in retirement the last 2 weeks, everything helps. sigh
Hopefully you're not close to retirement age!

Wow, that article was really all over the place!!! But, I too am still haunted by the events of that day. 3,400 runners were diverted in front of me? The 2020 WDW Marathon truly was one for the record books for so many reasons!
I have now run in the hottest marathon day (and the coldest, I believe), and I will definitely be thankful for all the moderate temperature days in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!