So... Nobody saw Tim Tebow and fiancee at MK yesterday?
Late reply, but I did he walked up to line just as we got in standby at Thunder Mountain RR. He was incredibly gracious, imo, about taking pics and selfish with people.

I didn't get a selfie,but a good shot from about 6' away that was enough to drive my SIL crazy with jealousy.

Thank you all so much!! Congrats to all the runners this weekend!! The advice I received here helped me not only complete my first runDisney race, but my first Dopey which included my first marathon. I was able to have tons of fun during the race and took plenty character pictures, but most importantly I didn't get injured (had a knee injury christmas time). It was a blast and I cant wait to see you all this February!!

Now show off that BLING!!!

Attachments

• 20190113_125822.jpg
    20190113_125822.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 72
For those who did Goofy and Dopey, were there seperate lines for each one at the finish to get your medal? I can't recall what it was when I did Dopey last year. Did they still check in the computer to make sure you had finished all races and actually been registered for Dopey?

For those who did Goofy and Dopey, were there seperate lines for each one at the finish to get your medal? I can't recall what it was when I did Dopey last year. Did they still check in the computer to make sure you had finished all races and actually been registered for Dopey?

Yes, they checked the computer before we could pass. The Goofy and Dopey medals were given by two people standing right next to each other.

Anyone seeing any photos on photopass yet? I know it takes them a day or two to get them all up, but I had at least a couple finish ones within an hour or two at the 5k, 10k, and half. Nothing at all so for for the marathon.

Anyone seeing any photos on photopass yet? I know it takes them a day or two to get them all up, but I had at least a couple finish ones within an hour or two at the 5k, 10k, and half. Nothing at all so for for the marathon.

I just looked and none of mine are up, either. It seems a bit slower than it has been in the past.

Way to go Marathoners, Goofy and Dopey Runners! Be proud of your achievements! It was not just the races this week (though that alone is incredible) but it is all the time and energy that went into getting you to those races. The early morning runs, the runs after work when you were tired and would have rather sat down on the couch, the sacrifices in time, money and other hobbies. Seriously, be proud! Shower, nap, put that medal around your neck and hit the parks!

Congrats!!! Is it 2020 yet?

Congrats all the Marathoners, Goofy's and Dopey's!

Below are the characters you passed on the way to the finish line:
Hook
Darkwing Duck and Launchpad McQuack
Peter quill and Gamora
Officer Hopps and Nick Wilde
Buzz Lightyear
Tweedledee and Tweedledee
Circus Donald
Mime from Tangled
Fairy godmother and Cinderella
Woody and Jessica
Frollo, Evil Queen, Jafar, Dr Facilier
Mary Poppin's Penguins
Proposal guys
Vacation Minnie and Mickey
Retired ride vehicles (Nautilus, 7 dwarves, ect.)
Adventurers club
Bowler hat gut
Clarabelle and Horace
Rafiki
Animal kingdom animals (a king snake, 2 sheep, and a donkey)
Timon
Stilt people
Fantasia ostrich
Butterfly people
Haunted Mansion Gravediggers at mile 15!
Archaeology Dig Pluto
Racer Minnie
Track Star Goofy
Coach Mickey and Coach Donald
Joy and Sadness
MGM street performers
Mr and Mrs Incredible
Alice
Jasmine
Snow white

It was going well for me til around mile 21 then I was on the struggle bus the rest of the way. It started to feel warm leaving WWoS. But I finished! Enjoyed all the character stops and spectators today. I’m attempting to waddle around the Magic Kingdom now. Congrats to everyone that ran this weekend!

First marathon done! Also announcing my retirement from marathons :rotfl:

Seriously though, it was “fun” and I’m glad I did it. I had a great first half, but something started in my left leg (which never has issues) around mile 14. I decided to run .5, walk .5 starting at 16. The heat and/or sun got to me a bit. I slowed down a lot on the back half. Luckily no cramping and no issues breathing. Now for a marg in the bath, shower, nap and the rest of vacation!

Congrats to all the finishers from this weekend!

First marathon done! Also announcing my retirement from marathons :rotfl:

Seriously though, it was “fun” and I’m glad I did it. I had a great first half, but something started in my left leg (which never has issues) around mile 14. I decided to run .5, walk .5 starting at 16. The heat and/or sun got to me a bit. I slowed down a lot on the back half. Luckily no cramping and no issues breathing. Now for a marg in the bath, shower, nap and the rest of vacation!

Congrats to all the finishers from this weekend!

I announced my retirement from marathons after running my first one at Disney in 2014. I ran Goofy a year later and Dopey last year with two other marathons in between those. I've learned never to say never.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter