A family member registered us for the half through our DVC - any idea how we can go back in and get the commemorative gear? We have confirmation numbers

I've never done medal engravings, but I have 3 shadow boxes from the 2012 Coast to Coast, 2015 Rebel Challenge and 2017 Kessel Run. I have to set a rule that shadow boxes are only for very special occasions otherwise, I'd end up with one for every race. Good to know about the Disney Springs Christmas store. They may have ornaments that the Magic Kingdom doesn't have.

At the Disney Springs store, they've had pre-personalized ornaments the last two years for Marathon Weekend. (They might have them for every weekend, but it's the only one I've been to lately). If you're like me, and would waffle about what exactly you want on the ornament, this takes some of the work out of it.

According to DB's #math, and assuming rounding would be to the nearest second, I would be predicted to have a 2:45 half.... I'm going to need to run a slightly faster 10K soon! But there seem to be very few before the deadline and >5 within 30 minutes of my house a month after the cut-off :(
But after minor panic (only part of which was rD's fault), I did register for the half!

According to DB's #math, and assuming rounding would be to the nearest second, I would be predicted to have a 2:45 half.... I'm going to need to run a slightly faster 10K soon! But there seem to be very few before the deadline and >5 within 30 minutes of my house a month after the cut-off :(

I'm running a half the week after the cutoff. So I feel your pain. (Thankfully I already have a POT that's decent AND I'm running a 10-miler two weeks before my half, but ... yeah. I feel your pain.)

Update!

Still not fixed. runDisney told me it’s my banks issue. My bank says the charge was approved and nothing is wrong except that runDisney charged me twice so back to runDisney it is...
Hopefully they get that fixed very, very, very soon.

At the Disney Springs store, they've had pre-personalized ornaments the last two years for Marathon Weekend. (They might have them for every weekend, but it's the only one I've been to lately). If you're like me, and would waffle about what exactly you want on the ornament, this takes some of the work out of it.
I'm still seriously considering an after the fact 2017 Kessel Run custom ornament. I'm probably strange in that if I finish Dopey, I may still get a Goofy ornament because Goofy is in my top 5 all time favorite Disney characters.

Also ... can I just say how impressed I am at all of our first-timers? Whether it's your first 5K/10/Half/Marathon/Goofy/Dopey, first runDisney, or even just your first time sharing your goals with a group, I'm constantly amazed and impressed at how many people share their dreams and their journeys here. Taking that first step (which is often just committing to the race) is always the hardest, and we have so many awesome people who will be taking their first step this week (or have already taken them). Go first timers!

(Our repeat runners are pretty awesome, too, but I just wanted to take a second to acknowledge the first-timers who are making that incredibly scary first jump)

I'm still seriously considering an after the fact 2017 Kessel Run custom ornament. I'm probably strange in that when I finish Dopey, I may still get a Goofy ornament because Goofy is in my top 5 all time favorite Disney characters.

I fixed that for you :)
Also ... I love the idea of getting an ornament that has a connection to the weekend and one of your favorite characters. Go for it!

Registered myself for Dopey and my husband for the marathon! Can anyone give me some insight on the sizes of the shirts? My 2018 PHM shirt is a small and fits perfect but it is short sleeved and women's cut. Are the marathon weekend shirts unisex sized? And do they run true to size? Thanks in advance!

I found that the 5k cotton shirt shrunk in the chest more than the length. After 5 months the shirt is moving into the ‘I don’t wear on a regular basis’ pile.

I considered the Art of Disney frame for Dark Side this year, but decided that after a shadow box for the coast to coast Kessel Run last year, I wanted a much smaller medal display for Dark Side. Dopey however is a very different story. By the way, I love how your framed art turned out.

What are the advantages for doing it that way?.

The advantage - to me - to buying the art at the expo is I will have time to flip through the pile and pick what I want. Yes, all the artists work from the same concept but the lines and shadings are different from sketch to sketch and I want to get one I like instead of settle for at 7:30 Sunday night in order to get the order placed and go to sleep. My frame, including sketch, was $177.

Attachments

• 0D775B99-4AFC-4E5F-8985-BF54F4C7FAE4.jpeg
    0D775B99-4AFC-4E5F-8985-BF54F4C7FAE4.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 14
Also ... can I just say how impressed I am at all of our first-timers? Whether it's your first 5K/10/Half/Marathon/Goofy/Dopey, first runDisney, or even just your first time sharing your goals with a group, I'm constantly amazed and impressed at how many people share their dreams and their journeys here. Taking that first step (which is often just committing to the race) is always the hardest, and we have so many awesome people who will be taking their first step this week (or have already taken them). Go first timers!

(Our repeat runners are pretty awesome, too, but I just wanted to take a second to acknowledge the first-timers who are making that incredibly scary first jump)
I can honestly say that I don't think I would have registered for marathon weekend at all if not for the positive words of encouragement and shared experiences, both successful and not as successful from runners here. You all helped me internalize why I wanted to do this and helped me begin to understand why I wanted to do this for myself. While I still need to keep working out my reasons for wanting to do this for days when training gets much harder, I also know enough to not fear committing in the biggest way possible today. Until today every decision I made with marathon weekend in mind could be reversed without any financial cost to me.

I fixed that for you :)
Also ... I love the idea of getting an ornament that has a connection to the weekend and one of your favorite characters. Go for it!
I appreciate that fix. Honestly, my greatest fear is injury. I can truthfully say it's the only reason I use the word if. I have also learned that I know what pace is relatively low risk injury for me. While it is not fast, I've finished every race I've entered at that pace. Before I committed to this, I had to make peace with possibly running for 7 hours on the day of the marathon.

Now you've given me other custom race ornament ideas and I appreciate that. I should choose the best character for me with such an ornament. Maybe come decision time I will choose Dopey. But that doesn't mean I have to.

Got Dopey x2 for my husband and me. Also got the 10k for my mom but between inputting her information for the registration and paying, it switched to my name (but still her shirt size and everything). Hopefully they get back to my email soon. I called immediately and she seemed clueless and told me to email.

I had the same thing happen registering my husband for the 10K. It flipped to my name, but kept all his information (including his much faster mile time!). I called and emailed as well. Waiting for a reply.

Glad many of you got registered and I’m sorry that some of you have frustration with the problems.

I almost talked myself out of registering, but I know that I can do Dopey, slowly, but I can. The marathon is making me nervous, but all of you are so positive and encouraging. I just wanted to add my thanks for that. This is going to be fun!

Now, just need everything to go well Thursday as I try to register between flights on my way home. Wish I could be online right at noon.

Good luck to all needing things fixed and for all of registering Thursday.

Looks like the 5K and 10K sold out early registration as they are not listed anymore.

Do I need to be worried about the 10k selling out immediately on Thursday? I’ve never registered the day registration opens, and only for HMs in different race weekend...so have no sense of the sellout potential....

Do I need to be worried about the 10k selling out immediately on Thursday? I’ve never registered the day registration opens, and only for HMs in different race weekend...so have no sense of the sellout potential....
According to this site the 2018 10K sold out in 2 days. It was sold out in about 2 hours for the percentage of slots available to DVC members/AP holders today. In 2017 it sold out same day it opened.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rundisney-race-availability-tracker.912442/

10k could very well sell out in a few hours, it's hard to know. No more Disneyland races could influence registrations slightly too. It's so hard to predict sellouts, but if you want it, I would be on when it opens just to be safe.

For the pre-sale today, the 5k slots sold out within the first 30 minutes (according to the person I talked to) while the 10k took about an hour and a half. Obviously we don't know what the pre-sale allocations were, so take it FWIW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter