Marathon Weekend 2018

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow @rteetz! Congratulations on surviving the first year of college, too!

My favorite Disney souvenir is my Sorcerer Mickey mug. I got it 12 years ago and use it for my Sunday pot of tea just about every Sunday.
Thanks! It's been an interesting year but I've made it.

Sunday's are for Disney though. Today's Disney question: Do you have a favorite Disney souvenir?

Happy birthday!

I'll second @Baloo in MI on all of my rundisney race shirts. I wear them pretty much all the time (with 4 Dopeys and 3 other weekends I could go basically a whole month without washing them. I don't, but I could).

My Eeyore pillow is my favorite thing I've bought in the parks. My Eeyore cookie jar is my favorite Disney themed item, but it was an eBay purchase.

I've been close to grabbing some art, but I just haven't found the right piece yet. I'm sure it will happen sometime.

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week. Tomorrow is my birthday and the start of my last week of school!

Sunday's are for Disney though. Today's Disney question: Do you have a favorite Disney souvenir?

My answer: I don't know if I have a specific favorite but I collect Vinylmations so I have a lot of those. I also have a customized graduation Mickey ears hat from graduating high school last year.
Happy Birthday and study hard for those finals! Oh, and have cake and ice cream and get lots of presents!

Favorite souvenir: When I ran my first Disney Marathon, DH bought me one of those Mickey Mouse themed, snack-filled tote bags from Disney Floral and Gifts and it was monogrammed "Marathoner." I love it because from that point on, I will ALWAYS be a Marathoner! He had my son set it out on the bed in the room for me to find when I came in from the race.

Happy Birthday, Ryan!!

Favorite souvenirs are dated snow globes. I try to find one for each year we go, although I've had trouble the last couple of years finding the ones I like.

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week. Tomorrow is my birthday and the start of my last week of school!

I bought a large glass mug with Big Al on it when I was at Disney World as a child 35 years ago because I liked his performance. Today, it makes a great beer mug.

Happy birthday @rteetz!

I've been close to grabbing some art, but I just haven't found the right piece yet. I'm sure it will happen sometime.

It gets addicting once you start buying. Our bedroom has 5 pieces of Stitch Art + 2 Mickey Animation Cells. Our living room has 6 Pieces of Star Wars Art.

The next piece we will need though is for a very large wall and I'm scared to think about how much that is going to cost!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday @rteetz!

Happy (belated) Birthday!

My favorite Disney piece of merch is probably the Saturday pin from the days of the week Pluto pins because a cast member on DCL knew I was looking for it since I stopped by every day to check the pin books and brought the one from his personal trading pile so we could trade. My most used is probably the small purse my nieces got me in Disney World that acts as a beach bag in the summers and a pool bag the rest of the year.

Happy Birthday! I don't have a favorite piece of Disney merchandise, but for the last few years probably Run Disney stuff.

Same themes among our favorites but the first was a purchase we made during our first anniversary trip and started us down the road of buying a lot of Disney Art for our home...

S3KUIEZ.jpg

My next favorite is a sketch I got during Star Wars Weekends in 2010

eLZ2z9G.jpg

And then we bought the last wrapped print during our F&W trip last year of the Star Wars/Disney mashups. (We have 3 of these). They no longer produce this as Disney told the artists to no longer make them.

6zu42jU.jpg
These are so cool! Is it your husband who has a Darth Donald tatoo you mentioned once? We have a handful of things they made as the Disney/Star Wars mash-ups like the beanies and a toy set. It's too bad they had to stop.

My favorite souvenirs are my race shirts. I'd say 3-4 days a week I spend some time in them.

My favorite "real" souvenirs, meaning purchased ones, are coffee mugs. I love a good mug and have a Piglet one I use almost daily. A few have been damaged in the last year or two, so I am thinking I'll be purchasing a new one next month when we go.

The souvenir I've always wanted, but never gotten - a Tervis tumbler at race expos. I keep trying, but they are always sold out :(

I bought a large glass mug with Big Al on it when I was at Disney World as a child 35 years ago because I liked his performance. Today, it makes a great beer mug.

Happy birthday @rteetz!

Thanks!

It gets addicting once you start buying. Our bedroom has 5 pieces of Stitch Art + 2 Mickey Animation Cells. Our living room has 6 Pieces of Star Wars Art.

The next piece we will need though is for a very large wall and I'm scared to think about how much that is going to cost!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Birthday @rteetz!
Thanks!

Happy (belated) Birthday!

My favorite Disney piece of merch is probably the Saturday pin from the days of the week Pluto pins because a cast member on DCL knew I was looking for it since I stopped by every day to check the pin books and brought the one from his personal trading pile so we could trade. My most used is probably the small purse my nieces got me in Disney World that acts as a beach bag in the summers and a pool bag the rest of the year.
Thanks! Not belated yet today is my birthday.

Happy Birthday! I don't have a favorite piece of Disney merchandise, but for the last few years probably Run Disney stuff.

Thanks!

Hmm my favorite RunDisney purchase was an Orange and Stainless Steel Goofy Race and Half travel mug. I think they only made them one year.

I am fond of coffee mugs and use the starbucks/disney parks you are here mugs a lot.

I'm also a big fan of the 28 and Main stuff, particularly their socks. It lets me wear a little bit of disney without it being blatent.

Happy Birthday @rteetz!

My favorite Disney souvenir has to be the Mickey ear magnets for the inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler and the inaugural Dopey. Both of these always make me smile and remind me that I can achieve ANYTHING I put my mind to.
My most used souvenir is the Tervis water bottles.

Happy Birthday @rteetz!

My favorite Disney souvenir has to be the Mickey ear magnets for the inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler and the inaugural Dopey. Both of these always make me smile and remind me that I can achieve ANYTHING I put my mind to.
My most used souvenir is the Tervis water bottles.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter