Marathon Weekend 2018

So I just found out - a lot of the Disney blogging sites (non-runners) are apparently at the Expo and buying the maximum quantity of certain merchandise to resell on eBay. That's awful if true.

I’m sorry that my posts have been negative today. Contrary to appearances, thanks to a terrible case of RBF and a little bit of Eeyore-itis, I mostly make the best of most situations and find the good in most things. Today was terribly disappointing.

I felt very bad for all of the volunteers that were taking the brunt of the (justified) anger and disappointment from runners while anyone who had anything to do with this mess was hiding. Sorry to read that so many others shared my disappointment.

What are the chances that it will be way better tomorrow? Or that things will be restocked overnight? I just checked my FPs and meals and I could maybe squeeze a trip in between 2 and 4:30, but I wont spend another 90 minutes in line again.

So I just found out - a lot of the Disney blogging sites (non-runners) are apparently at the Expo and buying the maximum quantity of certain merchandise to resell on eBay. That's awful if true.
It’s not Disney blogging sites but yes lots of personal shoppers and ebayers come and buy boat loads to sell online. It happens every time.

I wonder if the rain held people back from showing up as early to pre-line up like in the past? Sorry it such long lines and stuff running out for you all.

A runner that I was in line with said the same thing - and she said people should have to provide proof of running/bib to get in on day one so that runners can get the stuff first.

My flight out of Boston tomorrow morning was just cancelled. Looking for alternatives. Might have to drive 3 hours to Burlington VT. Or I may try to cancel the whole trip. Bummer
Oh no I'm so sorry, I hope you can get out somehow somewhere.

Second this question for anyone still at the expo. Really do not want to go back. At 10 am the 5k pickup area was trying to blow away.....

You will get the gift on the day of your retreat. Just go to the tent - may be before or after you finish. Not sure but they will take care of the tags for you on the band.

No more scary expo!

It’s not Disney blogging sites but yes lots of personal shoppers and ebayers come and buy boat loads to sell online. It happens every time.
It doesn't seem right to me that anyone off the street can take away merchandise and cause extra wait times from actual participants just because they want to profit on eBay. They should reserve it for the runners, and then on the last day open it up to the public to buy any merch left available.

It doesn't seem right to me that anyone off the street can take away merchandise and cause extra wait times from actual participants just because they want to profit on eBay. They should reserve it for the runners, and then on the last day open it up to the public to buy any merch left available.
I agree but it’s always been this way.

Unfortnately, runDisney doesn’t care who buys the merchandise, just that someone does. I wish they had more pre-order options (that you can see ahead of time) and everything available to order online after (but then most of us would skip the expo, so the vendors who paid for booths wouldn’t be happy). I REFUSE to pay for early access, so if that means less merch for me, fine.

It’s crappy for sure. :( I’d highly encourage people to email runDisney with your feedback.

Looks like they're already up....
Gbk0b4g.jpg
3e5f8d74-d2f2-4307-a9d1-3a70e3159028

du4dbMD.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter