Marathon Weekend 2018

Near the front now. Estimate it will be an hour of waiting by the time we get in. We started in line back by the porta potties.

The lines seemed bad last year and this year to me. The difference is that I got into that hour+ merch line last year, and this year, Nope! Although we got in a line to get into HP Center today, it moved quickly and once inside, there was only one other person in my bib pick-up line. Dopey, I’m coming for you!

I got my mom a Dooney purse for Christmas, we abandoned the prepaid merch line and will come back another time. I realize this is the busiest period, but there has to be a better way to organize things. Very disappointed that runDisney is continually getting worse at planning their weekends and no longer seems to care about the experiences of their runners.

We’re out for the day. Took us a little over an hour to park and pick up bibs. I guess it’s my fault for having plans other than standing in lines all afternoon and expecting a base level of competence and pride in their product from runDisney.

RunDisney should sell stuff food and drinks in this line they would make big money. I’d love something to drink right now.

Wow! My original plan was to let the initial rush die down and head over there about now thinking it would be much better. I got bored in the room with the rain and cold this morning and decided to go over early. Got there around 11:45 just as they were letting general (non-Race Retreat) runners in. Had a few minutes in the line to get to bib pickup but there was no merch line afterwards. It was crowded but you could walk right in. I guess it just goes to show you never can tell with these things!

My flight out of Boston tomorrow morning was just cancelled. Looking for alternatives. Might have to drive 3 hours to Burlington VT. Or I may try to cancel the whole trip. Bummer

I just got in to the next large indoor line. And the checkout line is insanity. Gonna have to find what I want quick.

I’m not sure what the issue is, but this is an absolute disorganized mess. I’ll be emailing RD when this weekend is done.
Everything from the corral issues to the Expo have been a mess. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come for the actual races... Absolutely no reason to not be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter