Marathon Weekend 2018

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by FFigawi, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of runDisney

Good luck! Hopefully they can help her via email since it's so close to close of PoT, but she probably has a decent shot of getting moved at Runner Relations come event weekend.

disneydaydreamer33 likes this.
  2. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

It's important to have goals

Anisum, sourire, BikeFan and 4 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

::yes::

5. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of runDisney

Also, courage.

6. bcarey2k

bcarey2k DIS Veteran

So if you’re ‘that fast’ #notme, and just want to embrace the whole experience, a 1664 in France would be a option!

Simba's Girl likes this.
  7. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

I went with no PoT (and entered whatever was the first finish time that didn't require it) for:
    2016 Marathon - corral J
    2017 Dopey - corral K

8. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

Thanks @Keels I knew I could count on you!!!

I'm planning on "beefing" DH as he runs through Epcot and his anticipated finish time is around 11am...I'm crossing fingers for Germany to be open but otherwise he'll have to suck up the "beer" in France weather he likes it or not! Literally-lol :)

bcarey2k likes this.
  9. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

OMG That autocorrect is hilarious and I am NOT going to change it...I will say I don't have the right equipment to beef him though...supposed to say "beering"

10. bcarey2k

bcarey2k DIS Veteran

I was going to inquire about the the rD tradition of ‘beefing’ ... but alas, it’s my first Dopey and I didn’t want to be ‘that guy’

11. courtneybeth

courtneybeth Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme...

@Simba's Girl - Husband is going to get me a beer so as I round EPCOT I can take a victory lap with a drink in hand ;)

And thanks to everyone for their cheers and well-wishes for my marathon this past weekend. It was the Long Beach Marathon in California ... so not quite as fun as everyone at Chicago since it was hilly in the back half. :P It felt so good to crush it!

12. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

7:30? Oh boy, this is seriously putting a kink in my plans to try and run a decent time for the marathon.

Keels likes this.
  13. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

You're not training properly. :rotfl2:

whaler8 likes this.
  14. LilyJC

LilyJC Earning My Ears

Mostly stalk for any Light Side news, but just had to comment and say you're brave for doing the Long Beach full. The half is one of my very least favorites, so I refuse to do the full! This past Sunday was my third and probably last time doing the half only because we do the Beach Cities Challenge most years. DH says no more though since he also hates Long Beach and isn't a huge fan of the OC half. We'll just keep our legacy status for Surf City. Congratulations! It was a beautiful day-last year and the year before that were nasty.

courtneybeth likes this.
  15. Anisum

Anisum DIS Veteran

Yeah listen, I think it must more courage than goals (or at least knowing your body). I certainly wouldn't have had it in me to take a beer half way through a marathon.

16. trackgam

trackgam Earning My Ears

OK so not sure if they still do this as I know there is "no corral changes at the expo" but I went to guest relations and brought up an issue where I needed an earlier corral bc of a family emergency or I wouldnt have been able to run and they told me they didnt do this anymore and asked if I ever ran rD races. I told them I had and they brought up my all of my info, I believe it was from 2011- 2016 and moved my corral up. They said they wanted to make sure that before they moved me, that I would be in a corral that wouldnt pose risk to myself or other athletes BUT said that they couldnt put me in a corral better than C based on something about they would need the race management or director to approve that big of a move. Its worth trying....

17. IamTrike

IamTrike DIS Veteran

This makes me wonder. What's the most random thing you could get someone to give you to cross the finish line with. I've always wanted someone to give me 2 turkey legs so I can cross the finish line while eating like a viking. Either that or an entire pizza from Via Napoli. I'd like to run that across to "deliver" it to a volunteer.

sourire, bryana, cburnett11 and 5 others like this.
  18. BuckeyeBama

BuckeyeBama You are stronger than you think.

Thanks - I don't really need to move corrals. I'll have fun no matter where I start. Just trying to figure out what my start time will look like. May sleep in more since I am going to be so far back this time.

19. trackgam

trackgam Earning My Ears

Wow, they do just get every corral started within that hour time
    LOL thats what I was wondering.... if the later corrals could come later as I am running with a friend this year who has never ran anything before and a marathon was on her bucket list... so since we are running together, we are doing the same corral. I figure if it doesnt start until 630, I can get there at 5:15 and walk to the start LOL

BuckeyeBama likes this.
  20. JeffW

JeffW Mouseketeer

How many Beer Mile attempts should be planned during an 18 week Dopey plan?

Simba's Girl and bryana like this.
  21. BuckeyeBama

BuckeyeBama You are stronger than you think.

I have done this a few times at WDW. Just be prepared - it is a lot harder for me to run a 6:30 marathon than a 4:30-5:00 marathon. Seems counterintuitive, but the slower pace and being on your feet for 2 more hours really takes a toll.

DopeyBadger likes this.