Marathon Training thread for November 1-7

Hi everyone,
I did WATP - 2 miles yesterday and went to Curves today. It's rainy and miserable here, but I'm going to definitely get outside and walk tomorrow after work.
I'm having problems with that leftover Halloween candy. Maybe I'll get my DH to take the rest to work with him.
Last night, I got an email with our "finish line picture" from the Niagara marathon. It's not a very flattering picture, but I'll probably order one anyway since it's a nice reminder of our first marathon.
I know you all are glued to your TV sets tonight. I don't think I can stay up that late. I'm going to set the alarm for 5:30 a.m. and do WATP before work (hopefully).

Hey Nancy K -I have been doing the WATP tapes this week too. I did 1 on Mon. , 2 on Tues. Guess what i'm doing Wed. Two days I have been on my way to the gym and blew it. Ran out of time. DD is in drivers training and I need to pick her up by 6:00. I just have lost some motivation right now. Better get in gear though I run a 10K on Sun. Might not be as good as the last one. It will count as minutes training no matter what. Glad to hear from Grandma. I look at my bracelet everyday and remind myself that others are also working towards the 1/2. I have not gotten any info. or email newsletters yet. Am hoping to see something soon. We are flying in about 3:00pm on Sat. the 8th. Will need to get to the Expo to pick up my stuff ASAP. Hope they're open until 7:00.

Better get to bed, the anxiety of watching returns has made me eat carbs i usually avoid.
Great Training to all for Wed.

This week is going well, but then again I am only 2 days into it.

Yesterday I ran/walked in the pouring rain. 5 minutes walking warmup, then ran 3/walk 2 for 35 minutes, then 5 minute cool down, stretched out the legs, then 20 minutes of windsor pilates. I must have looked a sight.... I had on thermal leggings to keep warm, then cycling type tights to keep dry, a thermal long sleeve top, and a waterproof jacket, gloves and a baseball hat.

When I got home I walked straight into the bathroom, and stood in the bathtub to peel off the clothes. I was soaked! But the bonus of running in the rain - I didn't get overheated.

Today I did 20 minutes of another pilates.

Tomorrow is the same run/walk combination and then DH and I are going to a yoga class - 45 minutes.

Now if I could just remember to drink water, I have to train myself to pour a glass of water rather than a glass of pop.

Hi all! I'm still plugging away at SLOWLY training. My energy level has been really low lately. My doctor had me on a medication that didn't agree with me. I'm done with that now so hopefully my energy and pace will get back to where I need it to be.

I've discovered a really great OP treat (for South Beach)! I was looking in the frozen food aisle and saw that frozen raspberries were really reasonably priced. I defrost a bag of sugar free berries and add a packet of Splenda and a couple of tablespoons of light whipped topping. YUMMM. It's also, obviously, really quick and easy so that I can satisfy a sweets craving before the chocolate starts calling my name.

I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!:)

Dawn

morning all :)

another super hectic week for me too -- probably will be mostly like this through the holiday for me -- i'm painting some, making some gifts, etc and there just isn't enough time!

i'm still on track with MFM schedule -- today was 30 min powerwalk with stride drills - pedometer said 2.5 miles but i trust it as far as i can throw it; but it's a guestimate. i wasn't feeling my strongest today and shins were hurting some too

i'm with those who are tempted by the halloween candy, I think i'm close to having the craves worked out by now! i haven't been food journaling like I intended too -- probably why i didn't feel as strong today walking. um - DUH!

rachael - pouring rain!! oh ddddear! you have my respect for that workout!

ps - voting anxiety -- oh my! i'm going shopping again today (almost done christmas shopping actually!) with a good friend who voted for the 'wrong guy' meaning not the one I voted for! he he he i heard on the radio this morning it could take 10 days for ohio to declare officially! i hope not!

I just takled to a friend taht was going to do the marathon with us and she said that she recieved a packet in the mail yesterday with all the marathon info in it. Did anyone else get this yet? I haven't! :(

Nope no packet for me yet. I did get the email newsletter they sent.

Rachel, running in the rain! Now that brings back childhood memories. I would not think twice about it when I was a kid. Now, I wonder if I will melt I guess.

I did not run in the rain yesterday, and I will not get outside today as I must come back to work later tonight. Maybe I will get the TM dusted off to see if it still works. I HATE that thing. :mad:
Keep at it everyone. Don't give up. We can do this, and we are!

All of the information, regarding RACE DAY, Spectators and such is available on the Disney website...

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....me=FullMarathon2005PreparationEventDetailPage

It is very detailed--just click on the files and you will have all you wanted to know.

We just completed our paperwork last week for Team in Training--so though I have been training since August--Disney is just now hearing about me...
I did 3 miles this morning--it was supposed to be for building my lactic threshhold (efficiency the body processes lactic acid)--but I can never tell if I am doing that workout or the one for increased Oxygen--they sound very similar in intensity though the breaks are different.

When I have more time-- I will post the valuable information provided by our coach regarding training and such. Their whole mantra is doing more with less--I just keep repeating that over and over :) Sounded like cheap words in the beginning, but I am believing them now.

Via e-mail, They also provided some cross training exercises and stretching exercises for us today--it is long, but Happy Reading:

Case for cross-training, Part 1: Five reasons every runner should cross-train

By Matt Fitzgerald

For Active.com

10/12/2004

As recently as 10 years ago, few elite runners did much in the way of cross-training, which I like to define broadly to include all forms of resistance training, stretching, and non-impact endurance training activities such as bicycling.

Non-impact alternatives to running were grudgingly taken up only when injuries made running impossible and were quickly cast aside when running was resumed.

Most of the elite runners of the previous generation did some stretching, but without much effect on injury risk because they usually failed to customize their stretching routine to fit their individual needs. Only a handful of runners did any amount of resistance training, and again, with questionable methods.

Within the past few years, a rapidly growing number of elite runners (in the United States, at least) have chosen to make cross-training central to their training programs and have begun using more sophisticated methods.

The athletes leading this trend are crediting the new approach to cross-training with reducing injuries, accelerating injury rehabilitation, facilitating recovery, and not least of all, helping them run faster by increasing their aerobic fitness, power, and efficiency.

The poster boy of the new approach to cross-training is Alan Webb, winner of the 2004 Olympic Trials 1500 meters. Under the guidance of his coach, Scott Raczko, Webb maintains an unorthodox training schedule in which less than half of his training time is spent on running.

The rest is spent on dynamic stretching and flexibility drills, medicine ball exercises, calisthenics, balance training, pool running, and functional strength training.

The rationale is simple. Webb, like any other runner, can only do so much running without getting injured. But the maximum amount of running he can handle is not the maximum amount of total exercise he can handle.

By doing other types of training that enhance his fitness in ways that complement his running, he can actually reduce his injury risk while further enhancing his running performance.

Few age-group runners are willing to follow an example like Webb's, in part because they simply prefer running to other forms of exercise, but mostly because they aren't fully convinced of the benefits of cross-training.

So I'd like to devote this first installment of my six-part series on cross-training to giving you a hard sell on the benefits of cross-training.

I want to first persuade you to give an honest try to a balanced cross-training approach to training for distance running. Then, in subsequent articles, I can move on to explain how.

For a full treatment of this topic, including complete cross-training-based training programs for all types of runners, see my book, Runner's World Guide to Cross-Training (Rodale, 2004).

Following are five proven benefits of cross-training.

1. Fewer injuries

Many overuse injuries are caused by instability in the hips, knees, and ankles resulting from inadequate strength in important stabilizing muscles. For example, weak hip abductors (the muscles on the outside of the hip) can cause the pelvis to tip toward your unsupported side when your foot lands, placing undue strain on the hip and/or knee joints. Strength training can correct such problems.

Tightness in certain muscles and tendons also contributes to some running injuries. For example, runners who develop iliotibial (IT) band friction syndrome typically have tight IT bands. Stretching can loosen tight connective tissues and thereby prevent such injuries.

Finally, by replacing one or two weekly recovery runs with easy workouts in non-impact modalities such as bicycling and pool running you can reduce the amount of repetitive impact your lower extremities are subjected to, and in this way reduce injuries (without sacrificing fitness). Impact forces are the true origin of nearly every running injury.

2. Faster rehabilitation

When you do get injured, cross-training comes to the rescue by correcting the root cause of the problem, allowing you to get you back on the road quickly and reducing the risk that this particular injury will recur. (An estimated 50% of all running injuries are in fact re-injuries.)

For example, eccentric strengthening of the calf muscles is a very effective way to correct the root cause of Achilles tendinosis, which is essentially an inability of the calf muscles to properly absorb impact forces.

Non-impact cardio workouts can be used to maintain your aerobic fitness while your running is limited due to injury. Olympic silver medallist Meb Keflezighi used this strategy with great success when injuries hampered his running in the lead-up to the 2004 Olympic Trials Marathon.

By replacing a number of runs with bike workouts he was able to build enough fitness despite his injury setbacks to finish second in that race and earn a trip to Athens.

3. Greater aerobic fitness

Due to the pounding running inflicts, even the most gifted runners can handle no more than about 15 hours of running per week, whereas athletes in non-impact endurance sports such as swimming and cycling routinely perform twice this amount of training.

By adding non-impact cardio workouts to your running schedule, you can gain a little extra aerobic fitness without increasing your injury risk.

4. More power

Another benefit of strength training -? particularly of jumping drills, or plyometrics -? is increased stride power, which translates into greater stride length and reduced ground contact time and consequently faster race times.

Among the recent studies demonstrating these benefits was a Swedish study in which trained runners replaced 32% of their running with plyometrics for a period of nine weeks.

After nine weeks, their maximum sprint speed, running economy, and 5K race times were all found to have improved, whereas runners in a control group who maintained their normal training schedule showed no improvements.

5. Greater efficiency

Dynamic flexibility is the ability to perform sports movements such as running with minimal internal resistance from your own muscles and joints.

Dynamic stretches are movements that enhance dynamic flexibility by mimicking the way your muscles and connective tissues actually stretch during running. An example is giant walking lunges (i.e. walking with the most ridiculously long steps you can take).

Performing dynamic stretches on a regular basis reduces internal resistance in your running movements and thereby enhances the efficiency of your stride.

Case for cross-training, Part 2: Strength training for joint stability and injury prevention

By Matt Fitzgerald

For Active.com

We all know running puts us at high risk for injury, but researchers are finding out there's a lot more behind running-related injuries than impact forces.

Specifically, it's the combination of impact and joint instability that puts running on par with tackle football when it comes to numbers of injuries.

Here's why: When your foot makes contact with the ground, your muscles and connective tissues must work together to resist the potential joint-destabilizing effect of impact.

Most runners, particularly those who do not cross-train, are weak in key stabilizing muscles. As a result, the body is forced to absorb impact in a way it's not built to handle.

"The biggest thing I see is that runners have very weak core musculature, and because of this they can't control their posture while they're running," says Michael Fredericson, M.D., a running injury expert at Stanford University.

"Their pelvis goes into a forward tilt and they get an arch in their low back." This, Fredericson, says, results in extra stress on both the hamstrings and knees.

The hips are also problematic in many runners.

"The hip abductors and external rotators of the hip tend to be weak, or they're just not firing appropriately -- they're not becoming active when they should," says Bryan Heiderscheit, P.T., Ph.D., who directs an injury clinic for runners at Des Moines University in Iowa.

"You'll end up assuming an internally rotated position at the knee and at the hip." This can cause injuries ranging from knee pain to tendonitis in the hips and groin.

Other muscles that tend to be dangerously weak in runners are those of the lower back and the front of the lower leg.

Luckily, strengthening these running stabilizers doesn't need to take a lot of extra time. Simply add another 15 minutes to your running routine twice a week (if you're really pressed for time, steal it from the time you already run -- you'll thank yourself later) and mix in the following strength exercises.

(For photo illustrations of these exercises and a lot more information about strength training for runners, see my book, Runner's World Guide to Cross-Training.)

Lower abdominal squeeze

Lay face up with your arms relaxed at your sides and your legs extended straight toward the ceiling with your heels together. Then contract the muscles of your lower abdomen and, by doing so, try to lift your heels ever so slightly toward the ceiling. (This is a very small movement).

Hold the contraction for one second, then relax for one second. Repeat the exercise until you feel a nice burning sensation in the targeted muscles.

Benefit: Strengths lower abdominals and prevents forward tilt of pelvis during running.

Side step-up

Stand with your side next to a 12- to 18-inch platform (such as a weight bench or tall aerobics step). Place your right food on the platform keep your left foot on the floor (your right knee is bent and your left leg is straight).

Shift your weight onto your right leg stand on that leg, lifting your entire body 12 to 18 inches.

Pause briefly with your left foot unsupported in the air next to your right foot, then bend your knee again and slowly lower your left foot back down to the floor.

Benefit: Strengthens the thighs, hips, and glutes, improving knee and hip stability.

Pillow balancing

Place a pillow on the floor and balance on it with one shoeless foot for 30 seconds, and then balance on the other foot, and repeat. At first it will be difficult to last 30 seconds, but you'll quickly improve. Keep it challenging by using a bigger or softer pillow, by stacking pillows, and/or by balancing longer.

Benefit: Strengthens the muscles that oppose the calf muscles, improving ankle stability.

Hip twist

Lie face up with your arms resting at your sides and your palms flat on the floor. Extend your legs directly toward the ceiling, keeping your feet together, and point your toes.

Keeping your big toes side-by-side, tip your legs 12 to 18 inches to the right by twisting at the hip, so that your left buttock comes off the floor. Fight the pull of gravity by maintaining stability with your abs and obliques.

Pause for a moment, then return slowly to the start position, again using your core muscles to control the movement. Repeat on the left side. Do 8-12 repetitions on each side.

Benefit: Strengthens the abdominal muscles, including the obliques, improving pelvic stability.

Single arm dumbbell clean and press

Assume a wide athletic stance with a single dumbbell placed on the floor between your feet. Begin with your left arm fully extended and bend forward from the hips and grasp the dumbbell with your left hand.

With a single, fluid, powerful movement, pull the dumbbell off the floor, stand fully upright, and continue raising your left arm until it is extended straight overhead.

Pause briefly and then reverse the movement, allowing the dumbbell to come to rest again on the floor briefly before initiating the next lift. Complete 10-12 repetitions and then switch to the right arm.

Benefit: Strengthens the thighs, hips, glutes, lower and upper back, chest, and shoulders, improving knee and hip stability and running posture.

Case for cross-training, Part 3: Stretching

By Matt Fitzgerald

For Active.com

10/26/2004

This series is adapted from Matt Fitzgerald's forthcoming book, "Runner's World Guide to Cross-Training."

The primary perceived benefit of stretching for runners is injury prevention.

But in the best recent controlled studies, stretching has not reduced the incidence of injuries to the lower extremities to a statistically significant degree. On the basis of such studies, many exercise physiologists advise runners not to stretch.

The main problem with this advice and the studies upon which it is based is that they come at stretching from the wrong side of injury. Targeted stretching of abnormally tight muscles and tendons has proven to be an extremely effective means of rehabilitating and preventing the recurrence of specific injuries in runners.

This is because abnormal tightness in specific muscles and tendons is without question a contributing cause of particular running injuries, and stretching can increase the elasticity of muscles and tendons.

Every day, physical therapists prescribe targeted stretching exercises to rehabilitate and prevent recurrence of five different injuries that are frequently associated with tightness in muscles and tendons.

Abnormally tight calves and Achilles tendons contribute to plantar fasciitis, shin splints, Achilles tendinosis, and calf muscle strains. Abnormally tight hamstrings and hip flexors often precipitate strains in these muscles. And an abnormally tight iliotibial band is commonly seen in runners suffering from IT band friction syndrome.

There is no doubt that stretching plays a positive role in the successful rehabilitation of many cases of these injuries, so it only stands to reason that it can also prevent many cases of these same injuries (or at least prevent their recurrence).

For this reason, I recommend that you stretch the above-mentioned muscles and tendons daily.

Another controversial question is the relationship between flexibility and performance. Stretching advocates claim that runners need to be very flexible in order to take long strides. Others believe that runners get all the flexibility they need through the activity of running itself.

In this case both sides are half-right. There are two muscle groups that are unusually flexible in most elite runners: the hips and the shoulders. Non-elite runners can surely benefit from stretching these muscle groups and thereby increasing the range of motion of the shoulders and hips.

But this alone will probably not improve your stride length, because regular stretching exercises increase only passive range of motion, whereas running requires dynamic flexibility, which is the ability to perform sports movements with minimal internal resistance from your own muscles and joints.

This is the distinction that stretching skeptics are trying to get at when they say running itself gives us all the flexibility we need. While the distinction is real, the best way to increase dynamic flexibility is not by running but rather by performing dynamic stretching exercises.

Dynamic stretches are movements that mimic the way your muscles and connective tissues actually stretch during running. An example is the leg swing (described below).

Performing dynamic stretches on a regular basis reduces internal resistance in your running movements and thereby enhances the efficiency of your stride. These stretches also make for excellent warm-up movements, because they increase dynamic flexibility acutely from resting to active levels by warming, loosening, and lubricating the muscles.

Dynamic stretching warm-up

The following dynamic stretching warm-up will increase your active range of motion for individual workouts and increase your dynamic flexibility generally. Do it 2-3 times per week as a part of your warm-up, following several minutes of easy jogging.

Arm swings
Swing your right arm in a giant circle. Do 6 forward rotations and 6 backward rotations and then repeat with your left arm.

Trunk twists
Raise your arms straight out to the sides. Twist your torso as far as you can to the right. Without pausing, reverse direction and twist over to the left. Repeat 10 times.

Leg swings
Stand on your left foot and swing your right leg backward and forward in an exaggerated kicking motion. Complete 10 swings and repeat with the left leg.

Side leg swings
Stand facing a wall, lean forward slightly at the waist, and brace your hands against the wall. Lift your right foot off the ground and swing your right leg from side to side (like a pendulum) between your left leg and the wall. Do 10 swings and then switch to the left leg.

Giant lunges
Take 10 giant steps forward with each foot, lunging as far forward as you can each time.

Ankle bounce
Lean forward against a wall with your feet close together and flat on the ground. Raise both heels as high as possible and then "bounce" them off the ground. Repeat 20 times.

I did the Dynamic Stretching Warmup today...it was a nice warmup to running.

I am going to try that lunge thing to see if it helps with stride as it is suggested it does.

I kind of laughed about the references to WATP ... my DD suggested that I FIND them and USE them last night when I decided not to go to Curves. :rolleyes: I guess I'm lucky to have a 7 yr old "coach" to try and kick my behind into shape when I'm being lazy. Official laziness ended today ... I did a 30 minute walk at lunch, and I went to Curves tonight. I've had a hard time getting back into the swing of exercise since we moved and I know that "I'm busy" was nothing but a lame excuse. And I have to say that it felt great.

Great work everyone! Lisa, very informative stuff on cross-training. I've been using Curves as my cross-training and I have found that it works quite nicely.

Mary-Liz

Originally posted by maryliz
I kind of laughed about the references to WATP ... my DD suggested that I FIND them and USE them last night when I decided not to go to Curves. :rolleyes: I guess I'm lucky to have a 7 yr old "coach" to try and kick my behind into shape when I'm being lazy. Official laziness ended today ... I did a 30 minute walk at lunch, and I went to Curves last night. I've had a hard time getting back into the swing of exercise since we moved and I know that "I'm busy" was nothing but a lame excuse. And I have to say that it felt great.

Great work everyone! Lisa, very informative stuff on cross-training. I've been using Curves as my cross-training and I have found that it works quite nicely.

Mary-Liz

Good job!!! I used to belong to curves--found it ineffective for me as my body needed much more cardio than I was able to pull of in their workouts. Right now the extent of my cross training is taking the girls for a walk in their stroller. No Gym for me, though I would love to join one.

I think I am claiming tomorrow as an off day--our long run isn't until Sunday--and sleeping in to make up for last night sure would be nice :)

good morning -- today is a cross-training day for me. DD and I have been going to yoga on thursday evenings but i never feel like that's 'enough' but sometimes treat myself to a day of just yoga. anyhow -- i'm debating between a water aerobics class at 9:30 or some pilates at home instead, or nothing in the morning and an hour of yoga tonight. what do you guys think? I know Bingham lists yoga as a cross-training option

i'm just feeling lazy on a rainy day! tomorrow is my long day, but this week is a 'rest week' and so my long is only THREE MILES?? anyone else on MFM schedule with me??

Happy Thursday all:)

Walked 3.2 on Tues and then a rest day (have a head cold) but today I will walk, how long will depend on how cold it is, if it rains(don't beleive the weather forecast) and time.

thanks Karen for those shopping links. I did order from Sierra Trading. I did not find a long sleeve coolmax shirt in my $$ range but did get shorts, short sl shirt & water pack. I had the water pack on my list to buy all summer and there it was on sale, the exact brand that was recommended, I'm so excited.

I did receive the marathon pack in the mail yesterday. For those who also received it, what did yours include? a marathon booklet & a white paper to be signed and handed in. Anything else? my plastic wrap was ripped open at the top and I'm concerened that I may be missing something.

What is the typical January temp? are shorts appopriate? what about swimming at the pools? never been there in jan and have no idea. Who else is staying a Carribean Beach?

Slow & steady......

I'm here!:wave:

Been busy at work training a new team-mate. Not been checking in 'cause I've been OUT OF CONTROL with my eating. Have been walking, but not consistantly. What's going on here? So, I'm having a long hard talk with myself......is this self-sabotage? I'm going to Chicago tomorrow for a long weekend for my birthday. I'll be spending it with my big sister, who just happens to be a life-coach. So I'll be doing some 'work' with her while I'm there.

I do realize that not checking in here has made is 'easier' to ignore my goals. So first thing on my new agenda is to come to WISH the minute the computer gets turned on!

Sometimes I think I need someone standing over me with a switch! LOL!

OK, have to hit the shower.....will try and post from Chicago and check in with you all. Hoping when I check my mailbox on the way out this morning there will be a little something there that will provide a REALITY CHECK!

Hi all,

I'm sad to say that I definitely won't be doing the marathon:(

But I am plugging along with my weightloss and still exercise like a mad woman::yes::

Keep up the good work everyone! You'll do AWSOME!!!!!!!

Sundie

Hi Molli!
I am doing MFM as well, and I did my 'long' 3 miles this morning. Once again the weather was icky - high winds, with a slight drizzle, but I figured I just needed to get out there and get it done. I won't have any choices about the weather in WDW so unless it is absolutely pouring, I will be going out for training. My pace is a little improved from last week's long week. It took me 54 minutes to walk the 3 miles (first 5 minutes were a very slow warmup), so I averaged a 18.6 minute mile. Last week was 20.8 minute mile. I need to keep saving off my time! Too bad the wind wasn't blowing with me! I could have shaved some serious time! ;)

No marathon packet here yet. I guess I shouldn't start getting nervous yet. I just want to see what's in there! I sent my change of address back in July, and did get a response from WDW.

Lisa - thanks for the info! I need to read it all again more slowly so I can soak it in. I did try some of those Dynamic stretching exercises after last night's cross training.

Since I have some time this morning, I think I will peruse those sale sites that were posted. I don't have any 'official' running stuff. Still wearing cotton. :earseek: So far it hasn't killed me. ;)

Tomorrow is a day of rest! YEAH!

Forgot to add: I weighed myself this morning. I am down 3 pounds from last week! WOO HOO!! :jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping4:

A note on those dynamic stretches--went to my "stretch" clinic last night.

It was suggested that dynamic stretches (that don't look or feel like conventional stretching) are something better to do before a run. You still need a little warm up--but the benefits of them are better than regular stretching prior to your run or walk.

So make sure you try them before a work out :)

I did my "cross training" today--consisting of balancing :hyper: I cant' explain how it makes your feet or ankles stronger--but was advised last night to try them and working your way up in time you can balance on one foot. Try it with your eyes closed, but be careful--your foot will wiggle as it tries to stablize itself--but it is supposed to be good injury prevention. That is--as long as you don't fall down--so keep something close by to grab should you be wobbling too much :)

Lisa

Congrats Terry on the 3 lb loss:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I did manage to walk before the rain started 3.6 for me throughout our boro downtown area. It was about a 16 min mile & I had to stop at some intersections, I was a little chilly, gloves would have helped.

I've been reading the packet that came, anyone know the best place for cheerers & best way to get there? and if we have to start in assigned corrals how do we walk with friends? they do have some 1/2 marathon shirts & I DID IT shirt.

Lisa - I really like the WATP tapes. I can do them when the weather is bad and get a pretty good work out by lifting my knees a bit more or double timing. I did a couple of free times at curves and liked it. I upped that a bit to get a good work out too. I now belong to women's gym that is fashioned after curves but they also have elliptically bikes , massage beds, sauna,tanning and wrapping. They have a large screened TV that is captioned so I was the news or what ever while I'm doing their curcuit. Look around your area at the health clubs available. You may find one you really like. They will be having alot of specials soon.
OhMom- You are so busy! I just have to make the decsion and stick to it. If I jhave alot of choices, I stall out trying to pick the best. Rainy Days are such a drag. Good for you making good use of a tough day.
Auntmeme- I have never been before either. Jan. should be a good month. Not to many people.
Ibouncetoo- :Pinkbounc Happy Birthday to YOu!!!:wave2: My birthday is the 21st.
You'll love Chicago. There is so much to there!! Say Hi to Oprah!!
Plutosmyfan_ So sorry to hear you're not going to make it. I am still hanging in there but it is still a $$?. Hope I can hold it together. Just a few more things and it will be set.

I have been okay with exercising this week, food has been okay and attitude is okay so far. Hubby had an awful meeting yesterday morning and called me saying he was driving around cooling down but may possibly not be working by the end of the day! I of course said,"Just hanging in there. It will be just okay." Hung up the phone and freaked. All is fine today!! Men! Are they all this nuts!!
Just keep plugging along. Need to get some running in the next 2 days. Sun is my 2nd 10 K. Feel pretty good about it . Not 1/2 as nervous as the first one.
Have a great Thurs.!!!

My SI joint is out agian. I'm staying off it again today- and wioll try walking tomorrow. I've lost so much trwasining time the past few weeks becasue of this. UGH!!! Anyway- I did do somethign productive today. I joined ediets.com. HAve anyone else seen this site? It is FANTASTIC! I'm loving it and totally jazzed to recommitt!

Pluots- I'm so sorry to hear you won;t be walking with us. We will miss you.

decaff- my DH has had a bad week as well. I understand where you're coming from! This mornign we were talking about what he would ahve to do to start his own business! eep hanging in there! Thngs will be fine.

Meme- when you registered, you estimated how long it will take you to finish the half. You'll be put in corrals according to the time you gave them. I told them 3:30- because I knew It would be slow and that's as slow as you can go! So, I'll be in the last corral. What time did you tell them? January weather is a best moody! We were there in January this year for the marathon. It was downrighth COLD in the evenings and beautiful during the day. One night- it must've bee 30 with stiff winds- andduring the days- clear and breezy- about 70-78. We swam in the pool at BCV's- and it was delightful! We did this at night (not the 30 degree night though) They heat the pools at WDW, so it was great. I took capri outfits with me and they were perfect for those days.

WHAT TIME DID EVERYONE TELL DISNEY THEY COULD FINISH THEIR HALF IN???? We can gather together in groups in our corrals to start.

geetey- Is aw some LIME GREEN coolmax shorts on that second site- they were only 7 bucks! I think we should all get them and be matching WISHERS! They had some really good prices on those sites.

Jackie- Happy B-Day!!! Have a fun time in Chicago- and when you get some advice from your sister/life coach.... share it with us will ya?? I'm out of control too! Keep posting so I don't have to feel all alone!

MOm- you must really enjoy the calmer workouts! I would! Sounds like you're having a fun time with DD and yoga. How old is she?

Lisa- thanks for all the advice you have- it helps us out a lot.

Maryliz- I can always use another trainer. So- if you wnat to send you DD my way- I can find something for her to do here! She sounds adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter