Mandymouse's Fantastic Fantasy Cruise .. and then another one (Complete)

Tuesday 30th April

I woke around 7.30am and checked the Bridge Report on the TV and it was already saying that it was 84F (29C). Paul started stirring half a hour later so I showered and we got ready for a few hours sunbathing as we didn't dock into Costa Maya till lunch-time

We went up to Cabanas for breakfast, we just had poached eggs on toast snd orange juice, then I grabbed my usual latte from the Cove Cafe

We found some loungers and it was already very warm with not much of a breeze. We lasted out for a couple of hours then we could see Costa Maya in the distance

DSC00627_zps1627aaa2.jpg

DSC00628_zps048d4260.jpg

DSC00630_zpsd0fa197c.jpg

We got changed to disembark. We were cleared around 1ish, and walked along the long pier to the small port town. Unfortunately it was very much like Nassau where you were constantly hassled to look in their shops, and when I did venture into one hoping to buy a cheap costume jewellery ring and the vendor came out with his calculator (never a good sign) and a $235 price tag for something I may have at a push paid $40, we knew we had to make a hasty exit

DSC00631_zpsa357d424.jpg

DSC00634_zps1931da1e.jpg

DSC00635_zps5c617991.jpg

DSC00638_zps6a625711.jpg

DSC00639_zps9aeef4a5.jpg

We wandered through some of the high end designer jewellery shops (well out of our price range), and passed an area where people were swimming with dolphins (can't say I liked the look of it, the pools looked very small)

DSC00642_zps321ad9e2.jpg

DSC00643_zps6b52668d.jpg

DSC00641_zps4160a89f.jpg

We then stopped off at Señor Frogs. We had hoped to have a few Yards and some lunch there, but Paul took one look at the menu and said it was really expensive

We ordered a Big Hurricane Yard and sought out an internet connection and chatted to the girls back home who were immensely jealous that we were in Señor Frogs

DSC00645_zps358f0924.jpg

DSC00647_zpsc08cff1e.jpg

DSC00648_zpsce7a5de7.jpg

DSC00651_zps07087057.jpg

DSC00652_zpsd624867b.jpg

After a while we paid our check ($40 inc tip), then wandered back to the ship where we ran into Alisha heading the other way

DSC00653_zps5eda3723.jpg

DSC00655_zpsba361019.jpg

DSC00657_zpsf9b94ca6.jpg

DSC00659_zpsc9dd7e21.jpg

Once back on board, we were starving, so it was up to Deck 11 for tuna wraps and fruit for me and cheeseburger and fries for Paul. After finishing our lunch, a few cookies and sharing a bag of Lays we went to the Cove Bar for a frozen Rum Runner each, then after trying a bit of a BBC Davide (one of the barmen) had made for one of the regulars there, I had one of those too

DSC00662_zpsdd1e4456.jpg

DSC00663_zps2f02a166.jpg

We then sat out in the sun for a little while as the ship pulled away from Costa Maya

We really couldn't be bothered with getting ready for dinner tonight, so we changed into something casual and ate cheeseburgers and chicken strips on Deck 11 (perfect)

We decided on a drink in O'Gills tonight, so ordered a lager and a Strongbow, then somehow got caught up in a pub quiz that was going on, at least we didn't come last, and we had a laugh along the way too

We were shattered tonight, and I'm sure we were in bed by 10 (lightweights :rotfl2:)

DSC00664_zps9dbec16b.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Cozumel

We didn't browse the port area at all the day we were there (we did the ruins tour) but it doesn't sound like we missed much. :rolleyes1 Still, another day of relaxation for you guys, so you can't beat that! :goodvibes

I think it was a Banana, Baileys & Cream, a weeks calories in a glass :rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds delicious. Another great couple of days. Love the photos especially the sunset one.

A calculator is never a good sign but my parents said this happen when they stopped in Gibralter and they got some real bargains especially on a new camera and watch.

Gary and I are planning to visit the Mayan ruins when in Costa Maya. I think I will tell the kids not to bother getting off the ship. I can just see Sian in Senor Frogs, leaving Daniel waiting outside :rotfl2:

Awesome trip report and great photos, haha I have plenty, but I kind of want to steal some of yours since I didn't get some of the cool ones you got, don't worry I won't steal them:lmao:.

Thank you for finding my trip report. Enjoying yours as well, good to see another back-2-back of Adults. Funny how we did the same ports, but we did western first and eastern second while you guys did eastern first and western second.

Sunday 21st April - Day at Sea

I first woke around 6am and managed to doze till 9.30am. I had a shower as Paul went off to see if it was warm enough to sunbathe. He said if was still cloudy, but a lot warmer so we set off for deck 13. I grabbed a skinny latte from the Cove Cafe on the way, where we met the lovely Billie who worked there this week (she's a lovely girl from Newcastle who's mum was visiting her that week too and we would chat each morning about what they got up to)

billie_zpsd804bbd4.png

(Thank you Lynne for the use of your photo, I can't believe I forgot to get one of her)

Yeah Billie, I met her, she is awesome. Her and Christina were awesome in The Tube(where they worked both weeks when I cruise)

Monday 22nd April

I woke just after 8am, and checked the 'bridge view' on the TV and I could see glorious sunshine, so we got ready and by 9 we were heading up to deck 12, with just a quick stop at the Cove Cafe for a skinny latte for me and a croissant for Paul, and a quick chat with Billie too

It was lovely and sunny, though it was still very windy (which made the sunbathing more comfortable). I caught up on my trip report and read and we lasted out till gone 11

We went back to our room to get changed for our Palo Brunch reservation at 12, and after a brief wait in the Meridian Lounge we were shown to our table by the window. Our server today was Olivera from Bosnia and after introducing herself and taking our order of water and Mimosas, she showed us to the tables of delicious food. First we saw the pizzas, then the breakfast items, seafood, cheeses, mains, egg dishes and finally the most important table, the desserts

DSC00377_zps3f4b77ed.jpg

DSC00378_zpsdcbecc0c.jpg

DSC00381_zps9d0334b5.jpg

DSC00382_zps41b8b827.jpg

DSC00383_zpse9448377.jpg

DSC00384_zps63ce3881.jpg

DSC00385_zpsac4fbe23.jpg

DSC00386_zpsf9569dab.jpg

DSC00380_zpsd9f9e68d.jpg

We were given a plate and I filled it with all my favourite food, this is probably my absolute favourite meal onboard

DSC00387_zps0a77eb34.jpg

DSC00388_zps4e8b51d3.jpg

DSC00389_zps7140698e.jpg

DSC00390_zpsc8bb4d46.jpg

Then our egg dishes came out, I had Eggs Florentine and Paul had Eggs Julia, then Olivera brought out a dish of Lasagna to share. It was all very nice, but the Lasagna was delish, in fact so nice, Paul then ordered it as his main dish while I had the Beef Tenderloin which was a perfect size after eating all the other food

DSC00391_zps4e4986e5.jpg

DSC00392_zps759d8ec5.jpg

DSC00393_zps91a898bb.jpg

After our mains, Paul had a pot of tea, then we went up to get our desserts, and as ever the Tiramisu was divine

DSC00394_zpsbe49b812.jpg

We enjoyed a leisurely hour and a half there, the food was delicious and our server was lovely too, we never once felt rushed

Cont'd ...

the Lasagna at Palo Brunch was amazing, loved it

We returned to our room to get changed and chilled for a while till our Mixology class at 3pm

Our Mixology class had been arranged by Emily from our Facebook group and when it was announced, it filled up very quickly. It was held in the Skyline Lounge, and after a couple of laps around deck 4 to try and walk off some of our Brunch, we headed to our class

The Mixology Class had been very popular (thank you Emily for organising it), and when we got there we sat with Emily and her hubby Scott

Damion was hosting this class, and I knew it was going to be fun once I saw all the glasses lined up and looking inviting

DSC00420_zps152f4a6c.jpg

DSC00396_zpsabfb251c.jpg

DSC00397_zps0f9d53b4.jpg

Groups of 4 or 5 of us took turns making different cocktails. First up was a Raspberry Mojito, I wasn't looking forward to this one as I find the mint very off putting, but it turned out to be very refreshing.

DSC00401_zps6c5f9794.jpg

DSC00402_zps2aa0aa4e.jpg

Next up was a Sea Breeze which was a Malibu based cocktail, it was very nice

DSC00403_zps53f67414.jpg

DSC00404_zps344623d5.jpg

Next, I volunteered to be in the group to make the Champagne cocktail, well it was Prosecco actually, but it made a good Kir Royale

DSC00405_zps89c60567.jpg

DSC00406_zpse0c38dcf.jpg

DSC00408_zps24bb398c.jpg

DSC00409_zps64d3dce7.jpg

The next group made a Martini cocktail, this one was a good one too, and looked cool with all its layers

DSC00411_zpsc50d26ff.jpg

DSC00412_zpsa97ad5cc.jpg

DSC00413_zpsa2035783.jpg

DSC00414_zps52ed3163.jpg

Then we finished off with Paul joining the group to make a shot cocktail

DSC00416_zps2c102f40.jpg

DSC00418_zpsaa2638ea.jpg

DSC00419_zps3385e80f.jpg

As we had already had a couple of Mimosa's that lunch time, these cocktails really went to my head :rotfl: it was a great way to spend an hour or so on a sea day, and afterwards we sat with a few of our group just chatting. I would definitely do this again, and it was fun to do it with people we had been chatting to over the last few months

We returned to our room to change back into our swimwear, and we sat out in the sun for a little while, though it was still very windy

We returned to our room to chill, get showered and get ready for dinner which tonight was in Animator's Palette. Tonight was the Crush Show. It was lots of fun as Crush interacted with the kids in the dining room

DSC00424_zpsca629142.jpg

DSC00426_zps78f445d3.jpg

DSC00427_zps90ce9cbb.jpg

For starter I had the sweet potato soup and Paul had the baked potato soup, for our mains I had the lemon thyme chicken and Paul had beef, to finish off I had cookies & cream sundae and Paul had apple pie with ice cream from the kids menu, (lol), it was all very nice and washed down with a couple of Bahama Mama's

We were shattered tonight, so once dinner was over we headed back to our room and bed

DSC00429_zps5d1692a3.jpg

Tomorrow ~ St. Thomas

I loved the Damion at the Mixology on our cruise. Our cruise group actually did a private one the first week, though the day they did it we had Remy Brunch so we did regular one earlier in the week and on the same day as martini so after both, I was a little headache and hung over ish :rotfl2:, but it was a awesome day from what I can remember

Wednesday 24th April

I had a very restless night, and when I woke up I felt a lot better, but still not right

Sadly my plans of getting a ferry/taxi to the Bacardi Factory had gone out of the window, I was gutted, it was something I had really looked forward to, but I didn't want to wander too far away from the ship and was worried if the ferry would make me feel worse

Paul got up to see the ship dock at San Juan and promptly went back to bed. A little while later I showered and got ready, then we went up to get some breakfast. I was starving, but just stuck to toast and coffee, Paul had a yummy looking plateful in Cabanas

DSC_8167_zps624a97f8.jpg

DSC_8168_zpsfac38ef4.jpg

We disembarked and it was a lovely warm day, as we exited the dock we saw a Señor Frogs (yay! though that excitement was short lived)

Although I was feeling a lot better, it was Paul who was feeling under the weather as he had a bad cough and was full of cold

We wandered around the old town and up to the fort, where we took a few pics, we then walked back into town and popped into a CVS to pick up some cough medicine and tissues for Paul

DSC00443_zps313e0b25.jpg

DSC00444_zpsdd0dc1c8.jpg

DSC00445_zpse55a7d44.jpg

DSC00446_zps4eceb11b.jpg

DSC00447_zps14d06f1b.jpg

DSC00448_zps22c42971.jpg

DSC00450_zpsb3718acd.jpg

DSC00451_zpsfec2375d.jpg

DSC00453_zpsfbf071bd.jpg

DSC_8171_zps4de2aaf4.jpg

DSC_8183_zps0a60c81c.jpg

At first we thought of popping into Señor Frogs, but like yesterday, alcohol was the last thing we needed, yes we truly weren't well. I did call into the shop though as I'd promised Kerry a shot glass, I hope next week we'll be back to our usual alchofrolic selves :rotfl:

We then decided to get a taxi to Plaza Las Américas, a shopping mall. It only cost $17 for the two of us, and it was huge. We had a good look around and even caught up with the girls on some wifi

A couple of hours later we shared a taxi with two others for the trip back to the port ($5 each)

DSC_8200_zpseccee8a2.jpg

We went to get some food from Flo's Cafe, I had a cheeseburger and Paul had wraps, then spent the next few hours chilling on top deck

DSC_8208_zpse0455495.jpg

DSC_8209_zpsa66e2f09.jpg

DSC_8215_zps21eb43e7.jpg

DSC_8221_zps87a728a0.jpg

DSC_8223_zpsa1c1eb7b.jpg

DSC_8226_zpsac2ca47d.jpg

DSC_8233_zpse06c9eb2.jpg

We both didn't feel up to going to dinner tonight as I was still getting tummy aches and Paul didn't want to cough or sneeze over everyone, so we gave it a miss again. We left the room at the time we'd normally leave for dinner so our stateroom host could sort the room out and headed to deck 11 for something to eat. I just had a plate of fries and Paul had a cheeseburger and fries. After dinner we went to the Cove Cafe for a nice cup of tea (goodness, we're so rock n roll aren't we? :rotfl2:). After our tea and a chat with Giovanni, we grabbed some cookies and ice cream and headed back to our room for an early night

DSC00457_zpse49da92c.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Day at Sea

how did you guys like San Juan. It was my favorite port out of them all. My San Juan day is coming up tonight or tomorrow sometime so you can see how I enjoyed it. pretty much did what you did:

sorry for all the commenting, but love your trip report

Thanks for all your comments everyone :)

Gary and I are planning to visit the Mayan ruins when in Costa Maya. I think I will tell the kids not to bother getting off the ship. I can just see Sian in Senor Frogs, leaving Daniel waiting outside :rotfl2:

LOL Joh :rotfl2:

We weren't impressed, but if we went back we would probably still get off just to stretch our legs ::yes::

Interesting. So was it good enough you ordered more of them, or just a "one and done" type drink? :goodvibes

I'm sure I tried one or two the next day too :rolleyes1

Awesome trip report and great photos, haha I have plenty, but I kind of want to steal some of yours since I didn't get some of the cool ones you got, don't worry I won't steal them:lmao:.

Thank you for finding my trip report. Enjoying yours as well, good to see another back-2-back of Adults. Funny how we did the same ports, but we did western first and eastern second while you guys did eastern first and western second.

Thanks for taking the time to read my trip report, you're more than welcome to use some of our pics if you want :)

Would you do a back to back again ? Which itinerary did you prefer ? We preferred the Eastern, though next year would probably have to go to St. Maarten which I don't mind as we could spend a lot of the day at Maho Beach

the Lasagna at Palo Brunch was amazing, loved it

::yes::

I loved the Damion at the Mixology on our cruise. Our cruise group actually did a private one the first week, though the day they did it we had Remy Brunch so we did regular one earlier in the week and on the same day as martini so after both, I was a little headache and hung over ish :rotfl2:, but it was a awesome day from what I can remember

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

how did you guys like San Juan. It was my favorite port out of them all. My San Juan day is coming up tonight or tomorrow sometime so you can see how I enjoyed it. pretty much did what you did:

sorry for all the commenting, but love your trip report

I think if we hadn't been poorly and had been able to get over to the Bacardi Factory, it would've been one of our favourite days. I look forward to reading your day at San Juan :)

Wednesday 1st May

I was awake around 6ish and checked out the Bridge Report and it was already 82F. I showered and we were ready for a coffee and pastries by 8. Paul grabbed some orange juice from Cabanas and we went back to the room and finally opened last weeks bottle of Prosecco and enjoyed a couple of Mimosa's for brekkie

DSC00665_zpsdb27ea68.jpg

DSC00666_zpscb6778bf.jpg

We had to meet in the Buena Vista Theatre at 8.45am for our Beach Excursion in Cozumel. We were given a wristband and asked to wear a Minnie Mouse sticker so they knew which group we belonged to. At 10 past 9 we were led down the mid ship stairs down to Deck 1 where we disembarked. We were led down the pier and over the main road where several coaches were waiting for us, by 9.30 we were on our way and reached Playa Mia 20 minutes later

The cost of this excursion was $79 each, and we were allowed the use of the loungers, umbrellas, unlimited drinks, pools, play areas, wifi and lunch. It was a lovely day, just a little bit cloudy and a bit muggy, but not too uncomfortable

DSC00667_zps8ecdba31.jpg

DSC00669_zpsd01ed9e4.jpg

DSC00670_zps07c4eb2d.jpg

DSC00671_zps2c07b588.jpg

DSC00672_zps4a9c61b4.jpg

DSC00674_zps8be5187f.jpg

We found some loungers and the rum punches began to flow, and they were pretty good too. We chilled in the sun, chatted on-line to Kerry & Becky, had lunch and generally had a good day, and later in the day found the frozen Bahama Mamas to be particularly worth trying once or twice too

DSC00676_zps69808c29.jpg

DSC00678_zpsfffd2241.jpg

DSC00679_zpsc22e38fd.jpg

DSC00680_zps8d5591ac.jpg

At 2pm we were all back onboard the coach and heading back to the Fantasy. We dropped our beach stuff back at the room then disembarked once again into Cozumel

DSC00681_zps8662a183.jpg

DSC00682_zps8a4b86bd.jpg

DSC00685_zps8b254005.jpg

DSC00686_zps4bf09515.jpg

Like Costa Maya you are constantly hassled to go into the shops, but we just smile and quickly walk on, it's annoying but what can you do? We went to Señor Frogs to get Kerry another shot glass (yeah like that's the reason we go in there :rotfl:) and just had to have a Yard. The party was in full swing, but we just stayed for one drink. We went back to the shop for a couple of tops and souvenirs then continued walking around

DSC00687_zps088b0f1f.jpg

DSC00688_zps9f50b02c.jpg

DSC00690_zps06bedb88.jpg

Time was getting on and we had to be back on board by 5.30, so we had a quick Hurricane in the Hard Rock then headed back to the ship

Cont'd ...

Tonight was Pirate Night (which I had missed last week due to feeling unwell). We sat at the Cove Bar chatting to Davide enjoying a drink or two, then one of us would quickly nip back to the room to get changed as the early party was about to start. It looked like loads of fun, more like the main Pirate Party on the classic ships

DSC00696_zpsa1b0598f.jpg

Ahh, Pirates Jerry (from Ireland) & Davide (from Portugal)

Next it was time for dinner, which tonight was in Animator's Palette. Our tablemates had given dinner a miss tonight, so we were served very quickly. We both had the Potstickers to start, the rib eye beef for our mains and the fruit cobbler with ice-cream for dessert. It was all very nice

DSC00692_zpsd8ad2a91.jpg

Ahh, Pirates Stefan & Karen

DSC00693_zps09de6143.jpg

DSC00695_zpse442321f.jpg

Ahh, Pirate Karen cutting up my steak :rotfl2:

We went up to Deck 13, by Currents Bar to watch the fireworks. There was the sound of thunder closeby and then the lightning started (though no rain). The fireworks were good, but I'm sorry Disney, tonight you were outdone by Mother Nature who got the biggest oohs and ahhs

DSC_8824_zps908b9940.jpg

DSC_8834_zpsc1187a6e.jpg

DSC_8837_zpsf8a585bb.jpg

Love this pic

DSC_8838_zps83737f2b.jpg

DSC_8845_zps630eb42e.jpg

DSC_8852_zps2a584e83.jpg

DSC_8853_zps9d370df6.jpg

Paul dropped his camera back at the room and we went down to Deck 11 for the party. We were having a good boogie, then it started to spit with rain, within minutes we were all dancing as the rain poured down. It was fun and no one seemed bothered about getting wet

DSC00732_zpsb87aa9d6.jpg

DSC00734_zps3baa9c39.jpg

DSC00737_zps3e9d2be7.jpg

DSC00740_zps05c6dba6.jpg

After a while we'd had enough and headed to bed, it had been a fun day

DSC00697_zpsb5421a42.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Day at Sea

Thanks for taking the time to read my trip report, you're more than welcome to use some of our pics if you want :)

Would you do a back to back again ? Which itinerary did you prefer ? We preferred the Eastern, though next year would probably have to go to St. Maarten which I don't mind as we could spend a lot of the day at Maho Beach

::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think if we hadn't been poorly and had been able to get over to the Bacardi Factory, it would've been one of our favourite days. I look forward to reading your day at San Juan :)

We would do a back-2-back again for sure. This was actually our third back-2-back. We did a Western and Eastern back-2-back on the Magic in 2009, different ports. We did a back-2-back on the Dream in 2011 since it was new and we enjoy longer cruises. We like Eastern more for the sea days and been to the western ports so many more times it get kind old.

Just caught up ..... those green drinks in Senor Frogs look very interesting but I think I'd be crawling on my hands and knees back to the ship after one of them! :rotfl:

Love the photo of the 'backside' chairs! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter