Mandymouse's '5 Days to book a holiday !! .... You Must Be Kidding' Report

I'm way too lazy to do my own trip report, so I'll just enjoy yours! :thumbsup2

I didn't even know they were still launching stuff from JSC, shows how clueless I am. :confused3

Looking forward to the rest. :goodvibes

We just got back to the Resort when the rocket was launched, and we had quite a good view of it

DSC_3505.jpg

DSC_3507.jpg

We then got changed and enjoyed an hour sunbathing by the pool

Around 4.30pm we drove up to Grill's where we enjoyed a couple of drinks and watched the Disney Magic leave the port

DSC08545.jpg

DSC08541.jpg

DSC08546.jpg

DSC_3517.jpg

DSC_3521.jpg

DSC08554.jpg

DSC_3522.jpg

DSC_3532.jpg

We returned to the Resort, and had a nice meal at the Tiki bar and a few cocktails as it was Happy Hour, then called it a night

DSC08556.jpg

DSC08561.jpg

DSC08560.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Boarding the Disney Fantasy :)

Mandy these posts are wonderful. I assume you are British. I bet your accent is amazing. Grills is a great place to eat with a wonderful atmosphere.....Great job thanks so much for sharing with everyone!

Hi Mand :) reading this when I should be getting ready for work....:rolleyes1 you lucky girl! Love the look of RJs, it's on my list for one day, and love the Space Centre too. Look forward to hearing about the rest of the trip :cool1:

:angel:

Another lovely report Mandy.

After many years managing to not to go KSC, I've finally given in and agreed to visit this year.

Looking forward to your next installment.

Sorry I'm late to the party! I love your reports, they always make me thirsty!

How awesome that your DH announced a trip to Florida in that way. I think I'd have keeled over with excitment!

KSC looks fun, love your pics. (love your MM necklace btw...)

Can't wait to read more Mandy! xx

Saturday 5th May

Once again we were awake around 5am, so we watched the Disney Fantasy from our balcony as she returned to port. We dozed for another hour, but we couldn't settle, so again we were up early

DSC_3543.jpg

DSC_3557.jpg

DSC_3568.jpg

We took a drive out and grabbed a couple of sausage mcmuffin meals from McDonalds, we then went back to the Resort, finished our packing and checked out

DSC_3600.jpg

DSC_3604.jpg

We arrived at the Disney Cruise Line terminal around 10.35am and dropped our luggage off with a porter, then drove round to the car park, then took the lift up to level 3 and went over the walkway into the terminal. There wasn't anyone in the nonUS line, and we were quickly checked in and walking away with our lanyards and boarding card #1

DSC_3611.jpg

DSC08568.jpg

DSC08569.jpg

DSC_3616.jpg

DSC08571-1.jpg

DSC08575-1.jpg

DSC_3627.jpg

DSC08578-1.jpg

DSC08582.jpg

DSC08583.jpg

After taking some photos around the terminal and on the deck outside, boarding began around 11.20am. Number 1 was called and before entering the ship we had our embarkation photo taken, then we were announced onto the ship 'the Disney Fantasy welcomes the Martindale Family' (love it !!). We had a wander around the top decks taking photos as the buffets didn't open till 12. Paul had his lunch from Cabanas, and I had tuna wraps and fruit from Flo's Cafe

Cont'd ...

DSC_3645.jpg

DSC_3644.jpg

DSC_3643.jpg

DSC_3641.jpg

DSC_3660.jpg

DSC08594.jpg

DSC08600.jpg

We were hoping to make Palo reservations for Brunch and High Tea (we already had a dinner ressie). The Navigator said that reservations didn't open till 1pm, so we went to find out where to go, and luckily the girl on the Palo desk said we could make them straight away, so we got a Brunch reservation, and we were wait listed for High Tea

DSC08608.jpg

DSC08610.jpg

DSC08611.jpg

DSC08613.jpg

We then spent the next hour or so sunbathing and drinking Bahama Mamas on deck 12 above the adult pool. Over the next couple of hours, we unpacked, did the muster drill and went to the Sailaway Party (and had another Bahama Mama)

DSC08619.jpg

DSC08618.jpg

DSC08620.jpg

DSC08622.jpg

DSC08626.jpg

DSC08624.jpg

DSC_3738.jpg

DSC_3737.jpg

DSC_3736.jpg

DSC_3740.jpg

We chilled in our room for a while, then got ready for dinner which tonight was in Animator's Palate (we were on late dining - 8.15pm, and our rotation was AERAERA)

Cont'd ...

DSC08646.jpg

DSC_3761.jpg

DSC_3768.jpg

DSC08648.jpg

We grabbed a couple of Bahama Mamas from the Bon Voyage bar and joined the very long line for Animator's Palate (which thankfully moved quickly), where we met our table mates for the cruise, who were all very nice

DSC08649.jpg

We really enjoyed the Crush show, which was very funny, especially when he moved from screen to screen as though he was on the Aquaduck. The food was very nice, I started with the butternut squash soup, and Paul had a salmon dish then I had a beef tenderloin dish and Paul had lemon chicken, then we both finished with the cookies and cream sundae

We finished dinner around 10ish, and wandered up to the adult area. Skyline was busy, and we didn't fancy anything on the menu, The Tube had just opened and we weren't that interested in Match Your Mate, so we stopped off at La Piazza for a couple of Rosa Regale's for me and a large Peronni for Paul

DSC08631.jpg

DSC08632.jpg

La Piazza

DSC08634.jpg

DSC08635.jpg

Ooh La La

DSC08636.jpg

DSC08637.jpg

The Tube

DSC08638.jpg

DSC08639.jpg

DSC08640.jpg

Skyline Lounge

DSC08633.jpg

O'Gills Pub

DSC08651.jpg

After a few nibbles from the evening buffet that was set up, we headed to bed where we found our first towel animal and another Castaway Club gift

DSC08652.jpg

DSC08656.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Day at Sea

Now I'm beginning to wonder what on earth we did while you were oh, so busy! LOL :lmao: We missed sail away - we watched from our balcony. Didn't get to O'Gills or La Piazza for a drink at all!! I think I need to go back. :goodvibes

Great pics - especially of the sunset. :rotfl2:

Now I'm beginning to wonder what on earth we did while you were oh, so busy! LOL :lmao: We missed sail away - we watched from our balcony. Didn't get to O'Gills or La Piazza for a drink at all!! I think I need to go back. :goodvibes

Great pics - especially of the sunset. :rotfl2:

I can't believe we didn't drink in Ooh La La, Skyline Lounge and only once in O'Gills Jenny, I think The Tube was our favourite haunt in the evening ::yes::

I'm missing Leo, I could do with a Bahama Mama :rotfl:

LOL, love sunset pics ;)

A great start to the cruise!
What was the Castaway club gift, it looks smart.

To be honest I haven't had time to open it :rolleyes1 I'm assuming that it's some kind of notebook/journal, a luggage strap and some notelets (similar to what we've had in the past) :)

Oh I wish I was back in La Piazza now. :sad1:

Whenever I see a Bahama Mama on the cocktail menu I always think of you Mandy. :thumbsup2

Oh Mandy, it looks so beautiful :love:

I can't believe I have to wait another 17 months till our cruise. For now, I am living vicariously through yours - so can we have some more please :)

Mandy, you and your husband look like you really enjoyed your trip!!! I love reading your reports...Love your black dress, very nice!

Love this!! seeing you guys with the Bahama Mamas made me really excited for next month!!!:goodvibes

Loving the new CC gifts :) Could do with a new Key ring;)

The Fantasy looks lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter