Mandalorian Season 3

Just browsing through this thread and some of the takes on here are…interesting to say the least but I’ll zip it on that.

But to jump in - The original Kenobi script was about Obi Wan and Luke when it was still a standalone film but they decided to scrap it and take it in another direction because it was too predictable and I’m glad that they did because it was. Supposedly they didn’t want to be stuck on Tatooine for the whole series and the only way that Kenobi would ever leave his position safeguarding Luke was if Leia was in danger and that’s what we got.

Kenobi didn’t break canon but those YouTube grifters can keep whining about it all that they want. There’s a whole story group at Lucasfilm who’s entire job it is to make sure every show/film/book/game/comic book etc is canon compliant and there’s no way that they’d let something as big as that slip through the cracks with Kenobi.

Personally, I’m tired of Luke Skywalker popping up everywhere and the whole Skywalker family drama. As a pp said, the galaxy is huge and there’s more interesting stories to be told from other perspectives and timelines that I’m ready to explore that don’t involve Luke and co. What I loved about the first season of The Mandalorian was that it was its own mostly contained show but then they started to turn it into a Marvelesque “Mandoverse” and I felt like I had to watch the Boba Fett show, which I had no interest in whatsoever because Boba’s such an overrated character, to keep up.

The same story group that allowed the might morphin power rangers to be put into the Boba Fett show. Highly polished bright and shiny scooters in a place where they were so broke they had to steal water to drink. Yeah, that story group cannot ever be trusted again after that.

Ok so more like the upcoming Indiana Jones right?

Ok, well let's compare the two after it's theatrical run then:

Top Gun Maverick
$240 Million total all in budget
$1.5 Billion box office run

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
$450+ million total all in budget
???? total box office

Yeah, but the difference will be in that budget. Even if fans feel liek Indy gets slighted for *GASP* a female character, that won't bey WHY it doesn't do well or not.

Who's responsibility is it to control her projects budgets? Hint is KK.

So, you are going on record saying that the new Indiana Jones will reach 1.5 billion in the box office?

The same story group that allowed the might morphin power rangers to be put into the Boba Fett show. Highly polished bright and shiny scooters in a place where they were so broke they had to steal water to drink. Yeah, that story group cannot ever be trusted again after that.
They were a gang that were clearly stealing themselves and were literally based on 60s British Mods and all of the people in the 50s/60s that spent all of their money on their bikes and cars instead of themselves because their image was more important 🤷‍♀️

No one has an issue with a female character. Why does everyone always go there. Some people don't like Rey because she was a Mary Sue. Everything was way too easy for her, she had massive amounts of plot armor, and had essentially zero character arc. The hero's journey is a really simple concept used in stories since they began being told, but she was the best ever at everything on day one.

Amazing that everyone always loved Leia, but we get zero credit for that.

Katniss in the hunger games is one of the best written characters in the last 50 years, male or female.

Alien is regarded as one of the single best Sci Fi movies of all time with a Female lead (Ellen Ripley).

Last edited:
Who's responsibility is it to control her projects budgets? Hint is KK.

So, you are going on record saying that the new Indiana Jones will reach 1.5 billion in the box office?

Yes - and I agree that is a valid criticism of her leadership. Her bashing on males is not though. I am making no predictions about Indy's box - I'm just saying that it's success or failure won't be because the very vocal minority of fans don't like it (which they won't).

No one has an issue with a female character. Why does everyone always go there. Some people don't like Rey because she was a Mary Sue.

Katniss in the hunger games is one of the best written characters in the last 50 years, male or female.

Alien is regarded as one of the single best Sci Fi movies of all time with a Female lead.

I've got news for you - Luke was a Mary Sue. As was Anakin. Rey only follows in that long and storied tradition.

No one has an issue with a female character. Why does everyone always go there. Some people don't like Rey because she was a Mary Sue.

Alien is regarded as one of the single best Sci Fi movies of all time with a Female lead (Ellen Ripley).
Rey is a descendent of one of the most, if not *the most*, powerful force user in the galaxy so of course she’s going to be strong with the force because that’s flowing through her bloodline.

She has her flaws too, which are shown in The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker with her struggling with her dark side so not a complete Mary Sue and as I’ve said in another thread, there’s been explanations in other books and comics as to why she’s good with ships and fighting. Add in the fact that one of the main storylines in the ST is her connection with Kylo Ren and the Force Dyad between them then it’s pretty explanatory why she’s as skilled and powerful as she is. Its all been explained in canon.

Anakin was left for dead with his limbs cut off burning in Lava, how again was he a Gary Stu?

Luke lost fights and even his entire hand in a fight, please explain. Luke tried and failed at many of Yoda's teachings.

Do you even know what a Mary Sue is?

Last edited:
Anakin was left for dead with his limbs cut off burning in Lava, how again was he a Gary Stue?

Luke lost fights and even his entire hand in a fight, please explain. Luke tried and failed at many of Yoda's teachings.

Do you even know what a Mary Sue is?
Anakin was the “magical chosen one” meant to bring balance to the force and was conceived through immaculate conception. That has Gary Sue written all over it.

Rey is a descendent of one of the most, if not *the most*, powerful force user in the galaxy so of course she’s going to be strong with the force because that’s flowing through her bloodline.

She has her flaws too, which are shown in The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker with her struggling with her dark side so not a complete Mary Sue and as I’ve said in another thread, there’s been explanations in other books and comics as to why she’s good with ships and fighting. Add in the fact that one of the main storylines in the ST is her connection with Kylo Ren and the Force Dyad between them then it’s pretty explanatory why she’s as skilled and powerful as she is. Its all been explained in canon.

You're right - none of them are truly "Mary Sues" but by their reconking.

And Rey certainly had flaws. It's not all about losing fights.

You obviously have no idea what on earth you are talking about. Anakin was beaten badly multiple times, struggled with massive grief, trained and failed, trained and failed some more. fell to the dark side, and was redeemed in the end. The literal opposite of a plot armored character.

Vader is also the single best character ever created in Star Wars, not my opinion but verifiable fact based on merchandizing sales.

Rey is likely not in the top 5, because she is a Mary Sue!!!

Mar·y Sue
noun

1. (originally in fan fiction) a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.

Literally could be a picture of Rey Palpatine after that definition.

Gary Stu

A male version of a Mary Sue. seemingly perfect character with no flaws, or who always overpowers other characters.

Both Luke and Anakin / Vader were overpowered multiple times by multiple different people. You two are simply unwilling to consider that you are not correct.

You obviously have no idea what on earth you are talking about. Anakin was beaten badly multiple times, struggled with massive grief, trained and failed, trained and failed some more. fell to the dark side, and was redeemed in the end. The literal opposite of a plot armored character.

Vader is also the single best character ever created in Star Wars, not my opinion but verifiable fact based on merchandizing sales.

Rey is likely not in the top 5, because she is a Mary Sue!!!

Mar·y Sue
noun

1. (originally in fan fiction) a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.

Literally could be a picture of Rey Palpatine after that definition.

Rey had flaws. She struggled with her origins and her identity, almost fell to the dark side. She did get captured in TFA and would have certainly lost to Palpatine if not for Ben's help.

As a woman, I damn sure know what a Mary Sue is and have been a fan since I was 8 so don’t try and condescend me.

Rey has flaws. I’ve already explained them to you but you don’t want to accept it. Anakin and Luke both have Mary Sue qualities whether you like it or not.

As to merchandise sales? They didn’t even make much Rey merch for The Force Awakens because they couldn’t because of spoilers and at the time there was an entire #WheresRey campaign from people who were angry and wanted more merch for her and Hasbro frantically had to make more but you’re conveniently forgetting that.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why you see Rey merchandize in the discount bin all the time or on clearance. Literally Grogu stuff outsells Rey like 10-1. Your head is in the sand. Do little girls love Rey, sure. Do you love Rey, obviously so, my gosh do you love her!

Tell you what watch any launch of upscale figurines and look at the sales figures for Luke / Vader / Rey / Kylo. I have seen these numbers. Rey is the lowest by a very large margin. Kylo is the second to the bottom. Vader is almost always #1.

main-qimg-182267e852177de85328dc9efc274dca.webp

I mean…You also see Lando Calrissian, Aurra Sing, Clone Troopers, Constable Zuvio and many other background characters who have literally 5 seconds of screen time Black Series figures peg warming for months on end and reduced multiple times until the stores are begging you to take them. I’ve seen tonnes of OT and PT characters with clearance stickers on them so ya know….

Merch sales don’t actually mean anything because a large portion of adults don’t even buy figures etc and just enjoy from afar or through passive consumption. Only someone who is really hardcore about a particular character and who has a lot of disposable income (so not kids) is going to be dropping $300+ on a Hot Toys figure or whatever upscale company is making realistic figures/busts/statues.

And I can very much assure you that my head is not in the sand. I just don’t live in a YouTube echo chamber where certain characters are “God”. I’m not even much of a Rey fan myself but when I see thinly veiled hate directed to her and her being called a Mary Sue for the same reasons other male characters are worshipped for in Star Wars then yeah, I’m going to go to bat for her.

Just because Rey's path was different doesn't make her bad. Like I said, she had a lot of internal struggles. But, you know, you guys only se e the outward, beat-em-up, bang-bang stuff. Yeah, she was already a good fighter considering where she lived. She was a good pilot, as was Luke. He just hops in an X-Wing and goes and blows up the Death Star - no training, no checking out on that peice of equipment. He just goes and is one of three survivors amongst seasoned pilots to come back. But, ya know, he's the hero - that's to be expected. It's expected of Rey too - she was the star. Forget the fact she goes all googly over Han Solo, they clearly hate all the men!

Whatever dude - this conversation is now going in circles.

Right? Luke “sheltered farm boy” Skywalker blows up the Death Star after learning about the force the day before whereas Rey “I grew up in a barren wasteland scavenging and fighting for my life on a daily basis” beats a heavily injured, bleeding out Kylo Ren after learning about the force the day before but she’s the Mary Sue in this scenario. Make it make sense please.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the difference will be in that budget. Even if fans feel liek Indy gets slighted for *GASP* a female character, that won't bey WHY it doesn't do well or not.
It's never a matter of the introduction of a female character when it's organic. The trouble with modern day Disney is that, as I find myself pointing out more and more lately when it comes to their decisions, is that they are more interested in making a "right" movie rather than a "good" movie. I almost get the feeling that they sit there with an unnecessarily long checklist ensuring that they manage to check off every box. Stop pandering to the masses when the masses aren't demanding to be pandered to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!