Man to have ashes scattered at Tree of Life

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
So I wonder if WDW AK CM's will let this happen. I can see the headlines now - "New Biohazzard Attraction at Animal Kingdom" :rotfl2:

6e8a00fe51684198bee0fcef4ab92ec2.jpeg

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...-ashes-scattered-at-walt-disney-world-1.78214

Brechin man to have ashes scattered at Walt Disney World

By GRAEME STRACHAN, 20 March 2013 1.45pm.
An Angus man will embark on his final journey when his family fly to America to sprinkle his ashes at his beloved Walt Disney World.

Stewart Spence (45), from Careston, Brechin, was due to go with his family in June but tragically died on Mothers Day, following a long illness.

His family have now decided they will go to Orlando as planned and sprinkle Stewarts ashes at the Tree of Life at Disneys Animal Kingdom.

Stewarts sister Angela Crosby said: Stewart had learning disabilities but he didnt let that stop him from enjoying life.

He had been to Florida 12 times previously because he just loved Disney and Mickey Mouse. My mum and dad wanted to take him on holiday but there was only one place that he wanted to go.

Even when he took ill, he was determined that he would still make the holiday. Weve spoken to the airline and the theme park and weve been given permission to take his ashes with us.

Stewart will now get to go back one last time and well be able to sprinkle his ashes in the place he loved.

Angela said the family cannot believe he is gone and described him as a real character, who had a lust for life and a passion for animals.

He underwent heart surgery 19 months ago but they believe he never fully recovered from the ordeal. Stewart who kept ducks, hens and three dogs was taken to hospital in Dundee just a few days before he passed away.

He was laughing and joking with his family on the Saturday night during visiting but died in the early hours of the next morning after developing breathing difficulties.

Stewart and his parents had adopted a Moroccan pony in 2010 on their sons behalf from Mountains Animal Sanctuary in Glenogil. A collection at the funeral raised £280, which will go towards keeping Dayzee in Stewarts memory.

A rose will also be planted at the sanctuary for Stewart. Stewart attended Montroses Rosehill Resource Centre and some of his art work was shown at the Meffan in Forfar.

Angela said: He loved his colouring books. When he was laid to rest, he still had felt pen on his fingers.

You know, Disney put up those awful "headstone" things at Epcot and people bought into that, so I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to them that they could probably make a fortune if they opened a little cemetery or mausoleum somewhere on property. Or who knows...maybe it has...coming soon to My Disney Experience..... ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
You know, Disney put up those awful "headstone" things at Epcot and people bought into that, so I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to them that they could probably make a fortune if they opened a little cemetery or mausoleum somewhere on property. Or who knows...maybe it has...coming soon to My Disney Experience..... ;)
If they did, they might need a big one. ;)

WaltD4Me said:

Yeah exactly what the heck are the tombstones at Epcot all about?

Does anyone know what's the earliest date Epcot can remove those horrible looking tombstones?Does the article say they got the OK from the theme park to sprinkle his ashes,I just can't imagine that would be allowed.It wouldn't surprise me if people staying in a Disney resort are doing this at 2am in an isolated spot in a resort but I can't see this being done inside the parks.

Yeah exactly what the heck are the tombstones at Epcot all about?

The Leave a Legacy tiles...aka Epcot tombstones...were included in various vacation packages about ten years ago. It was one of the "perks" - along with a Planet Hollywood gift certificate :rotfl2: - to many packages. They were also sold. Unfortunately, the structures have done little for the atmosphere.

I just don't see the urn filled with ashes getting thru security. :rotfl:

I seem to remember an article about this a few years back and how Disney stated it was strictly prohibited. Can't remember the details tho.

yep, it is in my will to someday have my ashes scattered at WL at 2 or 3am so my family will "lay me to rest" under the cover of darkness....hope they don't scatter me on the sidewalk or near a trash bin so I get swept up and tossed in recycling.....LOL!!!:rotfl2:

actually my dear that is a very good idea that would sell beyond all expectations..................i want my people to sneak me into the Sassagoula.........really!!

they need to put this guy in their pockets loose and poke a little hole in the pants pocket and walk around the Tree of Life shaking their legs to get the job done........if asked by a Cast Member they could just say they had MS or something..............

I believe that in Fl, it isn't legal to scatter ashes. However, that doesn't stop people from doing so. I know from experience it is possible to do in the parks & elsewhere on property.

The article does say this:

We've spoken to the airline and the theme park and we've been given permission to take his ashes with us.
But it doesn't say if they've been given permission to scatter them. I sure hope they've worked something out with WDW to maybe have the entire urn buried or something.

Sayhello

i think i met someones gram under my bed at Riverside in January...............:upsidedow

These people should watch the movie The Great Escape. It may not be dignified, but that's the way to do this without getting caught. ;)

Illegal in Florida but I gotta admit, I want some of my ashes scattered around in various places through the parks.

My husband said he would put my ashes in his pockets and shake it out, like in Shawshank Redemption. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter