Making First Loan Payment, First Dues Payment Questions

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

DH and I bought two contracts direct in April 2022 at VGF. We closed in May, and our first loan payment financed by WDW was due on July 1. I signed up for auto pay, and that's where things went "weird". Nothing has happened. When I've checked, to make sure the payment was made, there is no record of the payment being made automatically. When I've hit the "make a payment" button, all options are greyed out so I can't make a payment manually. Additionally, the system indicates how much we owe monthly for each contract, but in the autopay area, it reflects a different payment amount for each contract?

On top of that, we were under the impression our dues are due sometime in July? Right now, when I click around in the dues area, it simply says "your 2021 dues have been paid". Which, is awesome, but I'm more concerned about my 2022 dues. I can't find anyplace that reflects when our 2022 dues are due.

I'm panicky, as we are "pay early" folks...we are never late with payments. It's now July 4th, and I know that member services is closed for the holiday. I just don't want to be late or delinquent with our first payment. Any advice or knowledge about what's up?

Thanks so much!

What is your UY? Only Feb to June UY hsge dues that are due right now…and I have to check my account to see if it’s there yet.

All other UYs won’t be billed for MFs until the UY starts since you won’t get points until the start of those.

I just checked and my June UY dues are not there yet. It says they would be drafted on July 1st, but with the holiday, I think they are behind...I assume we will see them this week show up.

So, I don't think anyone has yet to be billed.

@Sandisw Ok, that makes me feel better regarding the dues. Thank you so much!

But, I'm still really confused about the loan payments? Nothing was paid, even though I'm all set through autopay, and I couldn't even make a manual payment on either contract. Plus, the amount listed that I owed for each contract varies between the loan payment amount listed, and the autopay amount listed.

I just don't want to be late making payments. I'm a worry-wart. :confused:

I closed on my Feb UY VGF contract in early April and my first payment was drafted on June 1. I also didn't get a dues statement, but I used a gift card with some $ left on it to make a prepayment. My first dues payment is scheduled to be drafted on Aug 15, but I'll have them paid off before then.

But, I'm still really confused about the loan payments? Nothing was paid, even though I'm all set through autopay, and I couldn't even make a manual payment on either contract. Plus, the amount listed that I owed for each contract varies between the loan payment amount listed, and the autopay amount listed.

Similar issue last month. I called and was told that the varied amounts at the beginning of the contract payments are actually a way to incorporate any extra days you had in the month that you signed into an evenly spaced monthly cycle. (No idea why.) As for the auto pay, I had it on, but it did not pay. My bank info was not automatically loaded into the site. I had to go in and manually add. Then it paid and lowered the percentage .5 percent.

@Red Dog Run good to know! And, nice that your percentage point dropped .5!

It turns out I loaded my bank info only a few days before the payment was due, and the bank info didn't load, so the first payment didn't "pull" from my account. I made sure to call right at 9 am, and MS was able to help me figure this out. They had to help me make my first payment, and I'm hoping that in August, the autopay will go smoothly and pull from my account on time. Keeping fingers crossed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter