Make-Up PRIMER....do u use it?

I found the monostat anti chafing cream for around $5 at Walmart. However it took a while to find it. It was located next to the condoms, and near the monostat yeast infection creams.
I compared it to my smashbox primer and can find no difference. I used Smashbox on onehalf of my face and the monostat anti chafing on the other half.
The Monostat is a fraction of the Smashbox price.
Thanks for posting this info.....I am now a convert.
You guys rock.....wishing you all pixie dust.

I was going to suggest this as well! I use the anti-chafing cream as primer and it's great! I think the tube costs around $5 - and mine lasts forever! :thumbsup2

I love laura gellar spackle I've been using it for many years now with and without makeup.

Well, so I tried the Maybeline primer today. While it held up well I was a little dissapointed but I will try it again because we broke a 100 degrees here in Dallas again today and the humidity was unbelievable. I felt like I was in a sauna.

On a side note I went to walmart tonight and thanks to the suggestion above I found the anti-chaffing gel. :thumbsup2

Another vote for the Monistat!
I've been using the Monistat anti chafing gel for several months now and it does work great, especially for 5 bucks.
We don't have it in Canada (where I live) so I always grab a tube when we're in FL. :bride:

Hi:
I use the Bare Minerals powder. I have oily skin but would love to use a tinted primer. Which one would you ladies suggest?

The Monistat Anti-Chafing gel isn't tinted.

Just recently bought the Monistat anti-chafing gel, after hearing good reviews in this thread and have to say it's great! Goes on silky smooth and my make-up lasts much longer than it did before using it. :goodvibes

So on most days I typically only put on moisturizer, followed by a little under-eye concealer and Age Defying pressed powder, mascara and lip stain. Is there any reason to use a primer if you don't really wear foundation, blush or eyeshadow?

Since we can't get it in Canada, I did look in Florida when we were there in April, but still couldn't find it. Do most Walmarts carry it?

Back when I wore makeup every day, I used Smashbox primer on days when my skin felt dry or looked dried out. The primer seemed to hydrate my skin, and make it easier to apply foundation smoothly.

I was about to post the same thing about Monistat. Sounds so strange but works really well. :laughing: I really love how it makes my eyeshadow stay all day.

Since we can't get it in Canada, I did look in Florida when we were there in April, but still couldn't find it. Do most Walmarts carry it?

Dennise, I got mine at Target right beside the yeast infection Monistat (yes weird shelf placement!). :rolleyes:

does the monistat just help keep ur makeup on, or does it even out ur skin tone as well? i tried the "green" smashbox which i like.

thanx

Another Monistat chafing gel user. Love it for a makeup primer. It also is a great hair tamer believe it or not. The tiniest bit run through wet hair helps keep the frizzies away.

I'm not sure i'm gonna keep my mineral veil - so messy - any tips on a good compact translucent powder???

I have always liked Cornsilk brand for translucent powder. :thumbsup2
It comes in compact and loose. It is the best. It gives you a natural look. I really prefer it to other brands that I have tried over the years. It is very economical too -around six dollars. However, lately, I am finding it harder to find. Not as many stores carry it anymore.

For those looking for new beauty items...

check out makeupalley.com. Read ratings and reviews for tens of thousands of beauty items from women world-wide. I love it!

Another :thumbsup2 for the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. I've been using it for about 2 years. I first started with Smashbox primer and when I ran out I really didn't feel like spending $40. Thankfully I found out about the Monistat gel! However I never thought about using it for eyes and eyeshadow - thanks!

Evidently not all Wal-Marts carry it. I looked at the store closest to me today and they don't have it. They had the chafing relief powder, but not the anti-chafing gel.

My closest Walgreens also didn't carry it. They checked the computer for me.

On another note, my dd read on makeupalley.com that you can use a hair serum to do the same thing (works as primer and works well for anti-chafing). I know that Bio-Silk hair serum feels about the same as my Smashbox primer. Just wondering if any of you have tried a hair serum? Sally's carries their own brand of hair serum that is inexpensive. Wonder is that would work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter