Make or break ride?

There's many rides that would leave me feeling like "something is missing" if they were closed during a trip, but nothing that would make me completely reschedule a trip.

I miss Splash when it's closed. I miss Grizzly. I really missed the train! I missed Tom Sawyer's Island. I've been sad to miss the Jungle Cruise.

But nothing that would make me reschedule a vacation. I plan/buy things to far out for that to be a consideration, unless (big unless) it's a long refurb with known dates.

We recently went to Disneyland, and I missed the train so much, I rode it for 2 hours nonstop! Such a nice ride.

I wouldn't cancel/reschedule a trip per se but if Pirates or RSR were closed during a trip I'd be SERIOUSLY upset. To the point I'd be super bummed during my time at the Happiest Place on Earth. :sad:

Hey, it's Disneyland and there is MORE than just rides.....relax and enjoy the atmosphere and the sights! I only was able to go a few times as a kid, and no one knew what rides were down until you got to the ticket booths and gates and read the signs that were out!! (hahaha.....yeah, I'm old, but I got to go there when it was fairly new! hahahaha) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

..... The tragedies only get worse as they get older, hahahaha. At any rate, just wanted to thank you for the giggle this morning--it's been a tough week teen-drama-wise, and it's always nice too be reminded that kid-drama is nearly universal, and often over things that seem relatively minor to their adults. My daughter would have thought any ride down during our trip was a clear tragedy as well, especially at 9! :)

NP! Constantly need to remind myself what it was like to be a kid. Boredom sucked, the distant past was 5 min ago, the future could not be soon enough, and every trip to Disneyland was mind blowing each second I was there!

Splash mountain would be a hard one for me to miss if I was in Disneyland. I would still go but since it goes down about the same time each year, I’ve avoided that time. Pirates has been closed for two trips I’ve taken and it was very missed. Also Matterhorn has been down for two other trips, I still missed that but it wasn’t that big of a deal.

I would totally reschedule if Radiator Springs Racers were closed during our vacation! Cars Land is everything.

My daughter was upset that Space Mountain was closed last month but not enough to put off the trip.
I'd be tempted to reschedule if RSR was closed. It's bad enough that we've never been able to ride it twice in one day because it broke down on every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter