Make it simple for me ... please :-)

KaitlynandLiamsMommy

Earning My Ears
Ok I have read and read and read and I think i understand the basics, but i still have some questions.

First .. just to confirm ... there are four of us going. DH (adult), DD (6), DS (1.5) and myself (adult) ... we are staying on site from the 13-17 (so four nights). We have the DDP. So I understand this to mean that we will end up with 8 adult TS meals, 4 child TS meals (since DS is under 3 and not included), same for CS and 12 snacks. Correct??

So then my first question would be that they say DS is free in that he can share an adults meal .. correct?? Does this meal he litterally has to eat off my plate or can I use a seperate plate to pt some of my food on for him. May seem silly but thought I should ask. Also how does this work if we are at one of the buffets??

My next thing is that I went ahead and booked character meals for our TS meals (because I thik the kids will get the most out of those) .... so now what should we do for our CS meals?? I am estimating at one in each of the four parks. I am afraid I will be overwhelmed and waste our credits so I want to have a plan in advance of where people say is best and how big the portions are .. like do we need one each or can I share with the kids so we do not waste ;-)

The above appliesto our snacks too. The sticky on what we can have is AWESOME!! Thank you so muc for all the work on that. I think we would like to use our snacks for more special treats and would do OOP for soda or fruit. Anyone have must haves in any particular park?? we will likely share these so as to try more ;-)

It is our first trip and so much seems overwhelming. I want to know what I am doing food wise so it is not a stress for us at all ;-)

Thank you so much for the help all :-)

Children under 3 can share off of your plates at "menu service" location. I doubt there'd be any problems getting the wait staff to bring an extra empty plate -- I never had those problems when traveling with a 3yo and twin 2yos. The may even bring extra milk for free, especially since you already are ordering a kid's meal. And of course, you can always order extra out-of-pocket if necessary.

At buffets/family style/AYCE places, children under 3 are simply free admission, period, and can eat anything they want, just like paying customers.

Your calculation of credits is correct.

As said above, the child under 3 can eat off you and your DH's plate. Yes they can bring a emtpy plate for you to put his stuff on.

And at the character buffets you can take him up and get him what he wants on his own plate, as he eats free at these restaurants. (that is if you let him choose, or just get him what you want him to have).

For CS meals, it will be up to you if you feel they are big enough for you and your DH to share with the kids. But remember if you do this you will have extra kid's credits not used.
Some places the portions are big (depending on who is eating them) and some are not. So you will have to gage that when you see it.
Basically what you can do is get to the CS you want, scope out what people are eating and see if it looks big enough to share. (that is what we did the first time)

Some great CS places are:
Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bill's in MK
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot
Starring Rolls in DHS
Restaurantasaurus in AK, also Pizzafari

For snacks, many like the Dole Whip in MK. It is a take it or leave it for us, especially in cold weather. In the hot weather it can be refreshing.

But my absolute favorite snack is the chocolate covered Mickey rice krispie treat!!! LOVE them.
You can get them anywhere.

Have a fun trip!! :)

Best CS restaurants by park in my Humble Opinion-

Cosmic Ray's @ MK
Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot
Flame Tree Barbecue @ AK
I don't have a recommendation for DHS except to AVOID the ABC Commissary, widely regarded as the single worst CS restaurant at WDW.

Fairfax faire at DHS has the basically same combo plate as Cosmic Rays.

Thank you all so much!! It seems silly but it just seems to compute so much better hearing it as a direct response. I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my questions :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter