Make A Wish September 5th - September 11th

That IS a great cake -- don't be so hard on yourself.

It's good to see all the goodies the boys are getting from The Big Give! That is one of my favorite parts of reading the PTRs -- to see all the goodies those ladies send to these kids.

Have a great weekend! It's warm on this side of Kentucky. I guess we've been spoiled by a cool summer so I won't complain. It IS August afterall :)

Thank you for!!! At least the cake tasted good. That is what coutns.

The Big Give has been great. It is like Christmas coming home and finding what Santa has left on your doorstep.

I know July has been great but I afraid August is going to be bringing the heat back.

Great updates! Love the photos and big give gifts so far! We definitely need bigger pictures though - if you are using photobucket just pick a larger size.

Great updates! Love the photos and big give gifts so far! We definitely need bigger pictures though - if you are using photobucket just pick a larger size.

Thank you for so much for your comments. I am trying with the sizing of the pictures but I must be doing something wrong. :confused3 I go in and resize and think I have done it until I get over here and see the posting. I am going to try to work on the pictures again and hopefully I can get it right. The boys received another Big Give today and I will post those pictures tonight. :surfweb: I am going to work on that sizing problem.

Stay tuned to see if she can get it right................

Thank you for so much for your comments. I am trying with the sizing of the pictures but I must be doing something wrong. :confused3 I go in and resize and think I have done it until I get over here and see the posting. I am going to try to work on the pictures again and hopefully I can get it right. The boys received another Big Give today and I will post those pictures tonight. :surfweb: I am going to work on that sizing problem.

Photobucket can be very hard to work with! At least I think so unless I am totally clueless. I wouldn't worry about resizing the old ones but any new ones you load in there, pick large or just link them as is. We don't mind huge photos! Glad to hear another package arrived!

I agree with Jen...I would not worry about resizing the old ones.

I always "preview" what I am about to post to check my picture size. And I learned the hard way that you can go smaller, but you can't go "bigger" once you have resized it...so I usually start with cropping the picture, then resize it to Large, then post it. And that usually works.

If you still have trouble, call me and I can walk you through it. I should be around my computer quite a bit for the next few days and don't mind walking you through it. You should have my number...if not, PM me and I can send it to ya again. :)

When I upload mine I use the "medium" size on photobucket. That is when you log into your photobucket account and go to upload there is a drop down menu and I pick "medium" if I am going to post them on a discussion board! I hope this helps!

BigGiveCrayons.jpg

I did it!!! I did it!!! I found out that somehow everything was preset to thumbnail view and I was saving it right but it was always going back to thumbnail. YES!

By the the real subject at hand. Another BIG GIVE!!! The boys received the wonderful crayon roll up packs. They were wanting to play with those right away and I talked them into saving them for the plane ride. I told them how they always have their crayons falling out of their boxes and dropping. Well with this wonderful gift that problem is solved. We loved these so much. SO A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR BIG GIVER!!! Much appreciated!!!

A month from tomorrow and you're on your way!! can you tell I am excited for you? I bet it will fly by!

A month from tomorrow and you're on your way!! can you tell I am excited for you? I bet it will fly by!

We are so excited too!!:banana: I am looking at a calendar now with the days that we have marked off until we go!!!! We are in such a need for a vacation. But you will not be too far behind us before it will be your turn. Part of me hopes the days will past fast (well to be honest most of me)but it is such a wonderful distration right now in our lives. It is wonderful to be able to focus on such an exciting trip. Thanks again!! Stay tuned as the excitement builds!!!! :woohoo:

Alittle disappointed. :sad1:We were told at our last appointment that Lucas' scans would be 30 days from his last chemo. But they have called and it will not be until Sept. 17th (for the scans) and then we wait until Sept. 21st for the results. So we were hoping to be able to celebrate by t he time we left but now we have the scans the week after we get back. But I we are thankful we have the trip to keep us distracted from thinking about the scans.

Alittle disappointed. :sad1:We were told at our last appointment that Lucas' scans would be 30 days from his last chemo. But they have called and it will not be until Sept. 17th (for the scans) and then we wait until Sept. 21st for the results. So we were hoping to be able to celebrate by t he time we left but now we have the scans the week after we get back. But I we are thankful we have the trip to keep us distracted from thinking about the scans.

Distraction is a wonderful thing! He will have happy memories of your trip when he has to go through the scans.

Hello! My daughter- also 8- wants to know if your boys know how to use cootie catchers? She wants to make them some as part of her Big Give presents to them! :goodvibes She wanted me to ask you if she needs to write down instructions for them. I told her that the parents most likely remember them from being kids as well and wouldn't need instructions, but I promised I would ask! :lmao: She is making most of their gifts herself and hopes they will like them. I am helping her and letting her go shopping for some small gifts as well, but this is her project and she wants to do something really cool for them. :thumbsup2 Apparently cootie catchers are all the rage here in Ga!

Distraction is a wonderful thing! He will have happy memories of your trip when he has to go through the scans.

Thank you for sharing that. :) He always likes me to tell him something to think about (before he starts) and that is a wonderul ideal!

Still praying for you and your family.

Hello! My daughter- also 8- wants to know if your boys know how to use cootie catchers? She wants to make them some as part of her Big Give presents to them! :goodvibes She wanted me to ask you if she needs to write down instructions for them. I told her that the parents most likely remember them from being kids as well and wouldn't need instructions, but I promised I would ask! :lmao: She is making most of their gifts herself and hopes they will like them. I am helping her and letting her go shopping for some small gifts as well, but this is her project and she wants to do something really cool for them. :thumbsup2 Apparently cootie catchers are all the rage here in Ga!

How sweet and thoughtful of her. Tell her I remember those well. But my 7 year old (almost 8) likes instructions very well and would really like to read her directions (if that is not too much trouble). He thinks it is cool that he can read and figure things out.

What a special little girl to think of others. We can not wait!!!! Tell her she made me smile today and I really needed that. :)

Just received some exciting news!:banana: Our MAW just called to arrange our Going Away Party (yes this is really happening). :thumbsup2 It will be August 27th, 9 nine days before we leave. That is the night that we finally get to see our flight info. We are very anxious to finally know when we are leaving. We live about 2 hours from the airport. So we are trying to decide if we should leave the night before, but it will all depend on the time we leave the morning.

It is just exciting to see everything coming together.

Yeah for a going away party, I can't wait to hear more.:yay::yay::yay:

Just yesterday (OK so I am exagerating) it seemed like we had so much time and now you are down to a month and were are only a week behind you.:scared1:

Still so much to do.:confused3

Yeah for a going away party, I can't wait to hear more.:yay::yay::yay:

Just yesterday (OK so I am exagerating) it seemed like we had so much time and now you are down to a month and were are only a week behind you.:scared1:

Still so much to do.:confused3

I know it is wild. I remember the planning list when we were at the bottom and now we are the second and you are right behind us. I know I am going to blink and we will be at Disney.

I told my daughter about you being happy about what she is making and I think she feels a little better about her work now. We had a little melt down during the cootie catcher making process, but all is well now and hopefully you can read her handwriting! :lmao:
She tried, all I can say is she tried! I ended up making one as well- my first ever cootie catcher may I add! I will have her try to write down the instructions later. She has open house at school in the morning and is kinda against anything school like at the moment. Who knows why? She loves school! Go figure! She is also making them some other surprises! She loves craft making! Hope to finish soon.... but who knows with her.. :cutie: She tries so hard to make it perfect. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter