Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume THREE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't checked in for a while...with the Holidays here, times have been extremely hard to actually get on the computer! Soo much going on!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We sure did here...we had a white Christmas for Christmas night and the snow is just now melting away...the temps for today (The 1st day of the New Year) is 60*! Crazy I tell ya!

We are still awaiting our dates for Disney. We are hoping to know something this coming week. I have been impatiently waiting!!! I just can't wait to know dates so that I can begin the planning! Ok, on this note- I have some more questions for those of you who have been through this process before.

1- When you receive your dates, do you receive your flight information as well? Like the times of flying out and arriving to your destination?

2- We are debating on a character dining or 2...should we make dinner reservations as soon as we know the dates or will it be too early or too late to. We are looking at February or March for our trip...hoping for early March for extra planning time purposes.

3- Does GKTW have an itinerary/schedule for when they have what activities going on? I have heard the Christmas thing is on Thursdays but I know nothing else...I think that may help in my planning as well. I don't want to miss much going on at GKTW but would like to visit MK or something at night for the Fireworks and such.

Anyhoo, I hope all is well with everyone and many prayers are still being said to those in need of them. Thank you in advance again for your time and help!!

3- Does GKTW have an itinerary/schedule for when they have what activities going on? I have heard the Christmas thing is on Thursdays but I know nothing else...I think that may help in my planning as well. I don't want to miss much going on at GKTW but would like to visit MK or something at night for the Fireworks and such.

Anyhoo, I hope all is well with everyone and many prayers are still being said to those in need of them. Thank you in advance again for your time and help!!

Here is the typical schedule. Note: that it is subject to change
SUNDAY
The World’s Largest Candy Land game from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Matthew’s Boundless Playground.

MONDAY
Disney Character Photos at Julie’s Safari Theatre from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Kids’ Night Out/Grown-ups’ Night Off from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Amberville Train Station
Discovery Cove Animal Exploration from 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels
Safari Double Dare in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 8 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.

TUESDAY
Nickelodeon Character Photos in the Castle of Miracles from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Big Splash Bash 8-9PM

WEDNESDAY
Horseback Riding from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Keaton’s Korral
Kids’ Night Out/Grown-ups’ Night Off from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Amberville Train Station
Village Idol in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 7:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.

THURSDAY
Disney Character Photos in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Winter Wonderland from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels and the Castle of Miracles
Carriage Rides from 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Winter Wonderland Parade at 7:45 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels
Santa Claus in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

FRIDAY
Universal Orlando Character Photos from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. in the Castle of Miracles
Pirates and Princesses Party with Shamu and friends from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels

SATURDAY
Mayor Clayton’s Birthday Party from 7:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels

Here is the typical schedule. Note: that it is subject to change
SUNDAY
The World’s Largest Candy Land game from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Matthew’s Boundless Playground.

MONDAY
Disney Character Photos at Julie’s Safari Theatre from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Discovery Cove Animal Exploration from 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels
Safari Double Dare in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 8 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.

TUESDAY
Nickelodeon Character Photos in the Castle of Miracles from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Big Splash Bash 8-9PM

WEDNESDAY
Village Idol in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 7:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.

THURSDAY
Disney Character Photos in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Winter Wonderland from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels and the Castle of Miracles
Carriage Rides from 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Winter Wonderland Parade at 7:45 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels
Santa Claus in Julie’s Safari Theatre from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

FRIDAY
Universal Orlando Character Photos from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. in the Castle of Miracles
Pirates and Princesses Party with Shamu and friends from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels

SATURDAY
Mayor Clayton’s Birthday Party from 7:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels

Thank you so much! At least it gives me something to expect...I definitely don't want to miss the Winter Wonderland activities. What is the Pirates and Princesses Party w/ Shamu & friends?

What about the Kids night out/parents night off about? I'm sure they will my other 2 girls but will they watch Khelsey? She doesn't communicate and she is not potty trained...but it would be nice to get a little moment off w/ DH alone for a bit. We won't have any help with us on our trip.

What is the Pirates and Princesses Party w/ Shamu & friends?

What about the Kids night out/parents night off about? I'm sure they will my other 2 girls but will they watch Khelsey? She doesn't communicate and she is not potty trained...but it would be nice to get a little moment off w/ DH alone for a bit. We won't have any help with us on our trip.

Kids night out is where children are matched with a volunteer and the volunteer and the child play for a little while then go to dinner at the gingerbread house and then to whatever that evenings activity is. However, the child has to be potty trained.

Haven't been in the Village for the Pirates and Princesses Party, so I can't help there.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Her right lung completly collapsed. She aspirated again and had tons of plugs. SO they did a broncoscope twice today and sucked out tons of plugs. Since then she has been resiting comfortably. We will see what tomorrow brings!!!
Praying hard........so sorry you all are having to go through this. :hug: :sad1:

2- We are debating on a character dining or 2...should we make dinner reservations as soon as we know the dates or will it be too early or too late to. We are looking at February or March for our trip...hoping for early March for extra planning time purposes.

We are going Feb 6-12. Since I cannot seem to make up my mind about ADR's (Advanced Dinning Ressie for character dining) I went ahead and made some. If we decide against it I can just cancel.
So I would suggest you make some then if you decide you don't want to be locked into anything like that, just cancel.

Hollie

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Her right lung completly collapsed. She aspirated again and had tons of plugs. SO they did a broncoscope twice today and sucked out tons of plugs. Since then she has been resiting comfortably. We will see what tomorrow brings!!!

Sending up prayers for you, Haylee and your family. :grouphug:

Happy New Year everyone!!! We have had a busy week here at our home. Looks like we will not have to carry pedisure with us. Katie has figured out the whole eating thing and has been eating up a storm. Pediatrian feels she has been eating enough that she can probably do without the supplemental feedings for the week. Yeah one less bag to carry...now if she can grow an inch we can leave home the car seat and bring just the booster. lol

One more hurdle for the month and we will be all doctored out befor e we leave just ortho and hopefully the experimental leg thing will give us some more time before her amputation.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season...our prayers to haylee and kyllee

Do you know if they give you the flight information once you receive your dates? Knowing the times in enough advance would make it so much easier for planning! ;)

I can't believe we are 1 month and 3 weeks away from Abby's trip.:thumbsup2

I am ready for the kids to go back to school tomorrow, ready for the routine. Hopefully the everyday routine will make time go by faster.:goodvibes

Abby had more back pain tonight, she was getting a drink of water and water splashed in her face making her jump and jarred her back, so gave her some loritab and she is now sleeping.:sad2:

Hope everyone had a happy New Year.

Do you know if they give you the flight information once you receive your dates? Knowing the times in enough advance would make it so much easier for planning! ;)

We had dates for awhile, but we don't have flight plans yet. I was told mid December, but obviously we past that.

Just checking in to say hello. I am praying for everyone's health!!

I haven't had much time to get on lately, as everyone else has said, you come back and life kind of gets in the way. Reality sets back in and life moves forward. Our trip was truly magical and I have every intention of sitting down and doing a trip report.

Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week since the kids are back to school tomorrow.

Hello all, we are new here and I have a question about MAW. Our youngest has been qualified for a wish and we are meeting with our wish granters a week from today. We are thinking that we will end up with a Disney Trip (or a pool). Once the granters have their meeting what is the typical time frame for getting dates at GKTW? Our son cannot sweat due to meds and we really would rather go in the spring vs summer.

I have found that every chapter is different but I gave ours our dates and they had them down pretty quick. Our chapter asked us our preferred dates and had the date booked within a week or two. It also might depend on GKTW schedule and booking. You could also go in the fall time like Oct. if they can't get things arranged for spring. You don't want to miss out on GKTW, you can always stay on sight but won't have a chance there but with a wish!

Hello all, we are new here and I have a question about MAW. Our youngest has been qualified for a wish and we are meeting with our wish granters a week from today. We are thinking that we will end up with a Disney Trip (or a pool). Once the granters have their meeting what is the typical time frame for getting dates at GKTW? Our son cannot sweat due to meds and we really would rather go in the spring vs summer.

We met with our wish granters in February, and went on our trip in mid-May. While it wasn't July or August, it was still pretty hot.

Every chapter is different. We met with Abby's granters the end of Oct. and we had our dates 2 weeks later. It also depends on when GKTW has availability. If not spring you could always go in the fall too. Yeah for your son being granted a wish.:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter