Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Hey guys, so were bringing Allies cough assist machine with us to Florida, how do we go about bringing it on the plane? Do we just bring it as is, or do we need to put it in a bag to carry it on? And once it's on, where should we put it?

Also, about her wheelchair, were bringing the manual chair with us, should I ask to walk with it to put it in the plane? Do we need letters from the drs saying it has to come with us or will they just check it without documentation?

We made ressies for chef mickeys today, is there anything I should know about it before we go? How is the food? About how long does it take to get there from GKTW?

Also, how do the MAW and GKTW buttons work? Like do they only work for the kiddos or if we, the parents, want to ride say the tower of terror, would we be able to jump ahead to the front of the line to ride and move on to the next? Alex is too young for the thrill rides but we want to ride them while we're there and not have to spend time in the lines and take away from her time.

We made ressies for chef mickeys today, is there anything I should know about it before we go? How is the food? About how long does it take to get there from GKTW?

Also, how do the MAW and GKTW buttons work? Like do they only work for the kiddos or if we, the parents, want to ride say the tower of terror, would we be able to jump ahead to the front of the line to ride and move on to the next? Alex is too young for the thrill rides but we want to ride them while we're there and not have to spend time in the lines and take away from her time.

The GKTW button can be used by anyone in the family.

kdtass and 2012bella13....Thanks for the advice :):):) Much appreciated!

Ok so Jerzey and I are going on a little vacation to visit my dad in Colorado. Mommy is incredibly nervous about the plane ride. I have been reassured that she will be just fine but still makes me nervous cuz the last time she was on a plane was when she was transported to Minnesota for surgery when she was 3 days old :eek: So any advice on taking a 4.5 yr old on the airplane and traveling thru the airport? I have a bag of stuff to do and treats/gum.

Thanks so much for all the wisdom and advice you all give on these boards. It has really calmed my nervous being able to come on here and ask questions and learn so much from everyone! Thanks :)
*Heart hugs to you all* :grouphug:

kdtass and 2012bella13....Thanks for the advice :):):) Much appreciated!

Ok so Jerzey and I are going on a little vacation to visit my dad in Colorado. Mommy is incredibly nervous about the plane ride. I have been reassured that she will be just fine but still makes me nervous cuz the last time she was on a plane was when she was transported to Minnesota for surgery when she was 3 days old :eek: So any advice on taking a 4.5 yr old on the airplane and traveling thru the airport? I have a bag of stuff to do and treats/gum.

Thanks so much for all the wisdom and advice you all give on these boards. It has really calmed my nervous being able to come on here and ask questions and learn so much from everyone! Thanks :)
*Heart hugs to you all* :grouphug:

HEART HUGS TO YOU TOO!!!:hug:
I can not help with anything about a plane ride, although I have been on a plane several times, I have not went on one with my DD. We drove to Disney World both times.

The Doctors said Brook can go to kindergarten, she has been off all of her meds & can have shots to go to school. We went to the registeration day & she was in the classes for a half of the day with all of the other kids. The next day she came day with a fever, I am scared about how the school yr will go, I pray that she will do okay, & not set her illness off again.:worried:

I've never scrapbooked before, but feel like I need to for this trip. Something special to pull out and remember the magic. The problem is...I'm soon not creative. Help!! I need ideas or a point in the right direction.

I've never scrapbooked before, but feel like I need to for this trip. Something special to pull out and remember the magic. The problem is...I'm soon not creative. Help!! I need ideas or a point in the right direction.

I would go to a craft store and see if they have a pre made Disney scrapbook so all you would have to do is put the pictures on! You could probably find the kits online too.

According the the GKTW alumni site, there is an organization called Crops of Luv that offers a free scrapbook for wish kids.

Scarp booking isn't as hard as it sounds. I have a scrapbook for the the first 3 years of Alex's life, but im not so good at remembering to snap pics all the time so now ill have to do a book for her 4/5 years bc I only snapped pics of her first day of school, bday and Xmas last yr.
Anywho, all you need to do it look around your hobby lobby or michaels and find Disney pages you like, they typically sell them by the page, or you can buy a page pack that will probably be cheaper but you might not be able to find Disney themed that way, it will have to be plain or prints you like. Then just go up and down the sticker aisles and find ones you love!!! Typically these craft stores have a clearance wall so check there too, they usually have super cute 3d type stickers for pretty cheap!!! And don't forget your coupons to save some money!!! Hobby lobby has 40% off one item coupons online or in the Sunday paper on the back of the comic pages, but you can only use one per visit, and the scrapbook ing stuff there is typically on sale, just make sure you pay attention to which brands are on sale!!! And michaels has coupons on their website as well and an email club u can sign up for that will automatically send you weekly coupons for usually like 20% off your entire purchase!! Sometimes on their clearance wall you can find stickers for a penny!!!!! Then just come home, lay out your spread and try to stick to about 4-6 pictures a page. Use stickers to hold up some pics or make it seem that way, but glue it down as well, buy a tape runner and plenty of refills!! And don't forget to include your park passes, fast pass stubs, and any little souvenirs you may want to include!!

And yeah crops of luv will do it for free if you want them too!!! Just look up their site and email the main lady, you'll send her your pictures and any souvenirs you want included and they'll churn out an awesome looking scrapbook for you to cherish!!! They were featured in last months issue of Woman's day!!! Ill probably send my stuff to them once we go, I've seen some of their work online and it was amazing!!! Far better than I could accomplish!

Hope this helps!!! I know it's a lot of me rambling!!! Lol

I can't believe after a year of planning Trevs wish trip it is almost here!!! We lea e next weekend!!! We are getting SO excited! I can't wait for sunny and warm weather as it has been cold and rainy here.

Now to start making a list so we can start packing soon. The kids are excited about their first plane ride...I'm hoping they will sleep part of the 6 hour trip!

Jackie

Scarp booking isn't as hard as it sounds. I have a scrapbook for the the first 3 years of Alex's life, but im not so good at remembering to snap pics all the time so now ill have to do a book for her 4/5 years bc I only snapped pics of her first day of school, bday and Xmas last yr.
Anywho, all you need to do it look around your hobby lobby or michaels and find Disney pages you like, they typically sell them by the page, or you can buy a page pack that will probably be cheaper but you might not be able to find Disney themed that way, it will have to be plain or prints you like. Then just go up and down the sticker aisles and find ones you love!!! Typically these craft stores have a clearance wall so check there too, they usually have super cute 3d type stickers for pretty cheap!!! And don't forget your coupons to save some money!!! Hobby lobby has 40% off one item coupons online or in the Sunday paper on the back of the comic pages, but you can only use one per visit, and the scrapbook ing stuff there is typically on sale, just make sure you pay attention to which brands are on sale!!! And michaels has coupons on their website as well and an email club u can sign up for that will automatically send you weekly coupons for usually like 20% off your entire purchase!! Sometimes on their clearance wall you can find stickers for a penny!!!!! Then just come home, lay out your spread and try to stick to about 4-6 pictures a page. Use stickers to hold up some pics or make it seem that way, but glue it down as well, buy a tape runner and plenty of refills!! And don't forget to include your park passes, fast pass stubs, and any little souvenirs you may want to include!!

And yeah crops of luv will do it for free if you want them too!!! Just look up their site and email the main lady, you'll send her your pictures and any souvenirs you want included and they'll churn out an awesome looking scrapbook for you to cherish!!! They were featured in last months issue of Woman's day!!! Ill probably send my stuff to them once we go, I've seen some of their work online and it was amazing!!! Far better than I could accomplish!

Hope this helps!!! I know it's a lot of me rambling!!! Lol

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully I can come up with something. :-)

I can't believe after a year of planning Trevs wish trip it is almost here!!! We lea e next weekend!!! We are getting SO excited! I can't wait for sunny and warm weather as it has been cold and rainy here.

Now to start making a list so we can start packing soon. The kids are excited about their first plane ride...I'm hoping they will sleep part of the 6 hour trip!

Jackie

I bet y'all are excited!!!! Be sure to tell us about it...can't wait to see pics!

Our chapter does do a full scrap book for the wish kiddos. Might want to check and see if yours does too. I also did a hard cover picture book from Piccaboo for a way to save the memories. It turned out great and will be a wonderful keep sake for Carter! ;)

Yep, we are excited!!! We, too, leave very soon. Our adventure begins on Thursday!!! We arrive at GKTW on Friday. I hope everything goes well. We are pretty much packed except for daily essentials and my dh's clothes (of course) :rotfl:! The boys are missing the last day of school, so they really feel like they are getting away with something. I am ready to go!

Yep, we are excited!!! We, too, leave very soon. Our adventure begins on Thursday!!! We arrive at GKTW on Friday. I hope everything goes well. We are pretty much packed except for daily essentials and my dh's clothes (of course) :rotfl:! The boys are missing the last day of school, so they really feel like they are getting away with something. I am ready to go!

Hope you have a magical trip!

I was looking through our packet and noticed it said we could get a free stroller rental at the parks... For those that needed a double stroller were you able to get one? My twins are 4 so I am sure they will be using one during the day as well as Trev at some point. Can't believe we leave in a few days!!

Jackie

Looks like the money situation won't make it to where the whole family can go. We're now tryin to save up enough where they can at least go one day. We figured it'll be about $1000 to drive there Friday night. All go to Magic Kingdom on Saturday then my husband and the other four will drive back Sunday. My mom, myself, and my three will stay for the week. It's not what we wanted but it's better than nothing. Hopefully we can come up with the money to make at least this happen. :-(

We got an email from our wish granters this morning. We are booked at GKTW Sept 2 to Sept 8. Brianna doesn't know yet. Can't wait to see her after schoo:)l to tell her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter