Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kade(MitoDadMO) passed away last night. Please keep Josh, Annette, and brother Jackson in your thoughts and prayers. I had the pleasure of meeting them when we were at GKTW. RIP Kade:littleangel:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kade's family.:hug:

My heart goes out to Kade's family.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

I am so sorry to hear about Kade. His was the first first trip report I started reading. What a sweet family! Our prayers are with the entire family, but especially with J.

Kade(MitoDadMO) passed away last night. Please keep Josh, Annette, and brother Jackson in your thoughts and prayers. I had the pleasure of meeting them when we were at GKTW. RIP Kade:littleangel:

This breaks my heart. I pray for the family this week as they deal with their loss.
It is a reminder to slow down and enjoy the moments.

Sending prayers up for Jackson, Josh and Annette - Celebrating the life of Kade - what a sweet and wonderful little boy.....:hug:

It is with a heavy heart that I share that Hannah has been placed into hospice care. In the short time I "knew" Carrie she inspired me. She and her Husband are so strong....I cannot imagine what they are going through.

We too have been having our share of problems with Eva and now with AJ. Eva is losing weight for unknown reasons and is down to a BMI of 13. Aj has been diagnosed with Aspergers. Not a thing like what Carrie and Hannah are experiencing but this is partly why I have been MIA. Between the children and attending school full time I have had little time to breathe!

I am so sorry to hear about Kade. My family will be in prayer for his family this week. Synovial:littleangel:

Technically this is not an official policy. However, I know that our normal procedure when a family with GKTW and MAW identification come up to the gates we will let them in. I know that one time a family came to my ticket window to buy tickets and I just told them to go to the gate.

Just ask at the Gate; if the greeter does not let you in go over to a Guest Relations window and ask.

Pete just called me from Blizzard Beach, he took the children for a few hours while I stayed home to wash clothes and TRY to pack up some things to mail home. They absolutely told Pete at Guest Relations that they do NOT give free admission to a Wish Family ever, so Pete is buying tickets for those who don't have water park fun and more on some old tickets we have had for 5 years. Just don't want anyone else to have a problem. I am certain it fully depends on who is working...just as everything else we have encountered. Some magical moments, some not so magical moments...it all works out eventually....we are going with the flow. Glad to hear some experienced this Pixie Dust Moment.

My heartfelt sympathy to both Kade's family, as well as Hannah's. I cried the other night when I read about Kade, thinking of his family here just a few short months ago...

I am so sorry to hear about Hannah and also the problems you are having with your little ones.

It is with a heavy heart that I share that Hannah has been placed into hospice care. In the short time I "knew" Carrie she inspired me. She and her Husband are so strong....I cannot imagine what they are going through.

We too have been having our share of problems with Eva and now with AJ. Eva is losing weight for unknown reasons and is down to a BMI of 13. Aj has been diagnosed with Aspergers. Not a thing like what Carrie and Hannah are experiencing but this is partly why I have been MIA. Between the children and attending school full time I have had little time to breathe!

I am so sorry to hear this. Will be sure to keep the family in my prayers.

Well, we are back! We had an amazing time. I cannot believe how incredible the staff at Disney, Universal and the staff and volunteers at GKTW were amazing. Brendan's firework experience was incredible! But now I am overrun with school work and laundry and unpacking. We have about 1500 pictures and I am trying to write in a journal a little each day so that I don't forget anything. I am definitely planning a trip report but it will be a little while in the making. Hoping things are going well with others!

Well, we are back! We had an amazing time. I cannot believe how incredible the staff at Disney, Universal and the staff and volunteers at GKTW were amazing. Brendan's firework experience was incredible! But now I am overrun with school work and laundry and unpacking. We have about 1500 pictures and I am trying to write in a journal a little each day so that I don't forget anything. I am definitely planning a trip report but it will be a little while in the making. Hoping things are going well with others!

Yeah!! Glad to hear you had a fantastic trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Can't wait to read your report. So excited for you.

Hi everybody! I've volunteered at GKTW and think it's one of the most incredible places on earth!
Now I know a wish kid personally - Alli was in my 2 year old Sunday school class last year when she was diagnosed with Leukemia. She's doing good now, but is still having treatments - she is 3.
Her mom is pregnant with miracle number 2 and is having some back pain -
they are scheduled for their wish trip the first week of November.
I've suggested an umbrella stroller for Alli because I know the airports are big and GKTW seemed HUGE to me - I don't know how much actual walking the kids do, but I don't think an umbrella stroller would hurt.
Now I'm considering suggesting a rental scooter for Alli's mom. I've rented one before for my mom - I don't mean the ones in the park, I mean the outside companies that deliver them to your resort and you get them for the whole week -

does anyone know if GKTW has a relationship with any of the local scooter rental places?
I can't remember the one I used before, so does anyone have any recommendations?

also, is there a current schedule of what's going on at GKTW? Specifically, I'm wondering about characters. Minnie and Rapunzel are Alli's favorite characters, so I want to give her parents a heads up if there's a possibility they'll be there.

What about other tips for the family?
I'm going to remind them to always wear their buttons and to use the wish lounge.

also, is there a current schedule of what's going on at GKTW? Specifically, I'm wondering about characters. Minnie and Rapunzel are Alli's favorite characters, so I want to give her parents a heads up if there's a possibility they'll be there.

Mickey and Minnie come to the Village on Monday and Thursday mornings. Rapunzel hasn't been to the Village, so I think that only place to see her is in the Magic Kingdom. As for the weekly Village schedule, I will post it in a separate thread, so that I don't take up so much room here. But I will link that thread to this one for everyone to see. GKTW weekly entertainment schedule http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42978418&posted=1#post42978418

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter