Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I hope I'm in the right place! I've been reading here for about a month now, after receiving notice that our son's wish was granted to go to Disney World! I'm still not sure how to get around the boards though. How do I subscribe? So many questions! Oh yea...our dates are April 22-28th...so it's coming up quickly! I'm so thankful for all the info you've all shared here! And I'm touched by all the stories of your precious children too!

HI!! This thread is a good place to start! Where will you be staying at for the trip?

HI!! This thread is a good place to start! Where will you be staying at for the trip?

We're staying at GKTW. We're so excited! I also had another question for anyone who might know...GKTW has been gracious enough to allow us to bring my in-laws along for this trip. They'll be a huge help with the baby! But does anyone know if their park tickets are included with their stay or should we purchase their's in advance?

Tickets are not included in their stay. My dad and brother stayed at the village with us as well. They were included on the meal plan at the village, but on their own for everything else outside the village.

Disney Quest ? Jayden really wants to go .. does anyone know if these are available at GKTW or are they part of the hopper passes ?

I will be in the Village on Wednesday night and will happy to ask for you. I will let you know!

Thank you so much !!

Disney Quest is free to get into I think, its a big arcade kind of thing.

Yeah, we were watching a WDW video and they showed it. He was very interested in it when he saw all the different games. We have 2 down days during our stay and I thought it would be fun to bring him there if we could get tickets ! :goodvibes

They didn't say anything about it during orientation. You could call and ask. They are super helpful at the desk.

Thank you so much !!

Yeah, we were watching a WDW video and they showed it. He was very interested in it when he saw all the different games. We have 2 down days during our stay and I thought it would be fun to bring him there if we could get tickets ! :goodvibes

All the boys in the family want to go to one of the Disney water parks there, in place of maybe Sea World or one of the Universal days. Does anyone know if GKTW has tickets to those parks in exchange for one of the others?

I've been lurking around this board for a month or so, and have enjoyed reading many stories and getting some great info. Our DS is 2 1/2 and has HLHS (half a heart). He is scheduled for his 4th OHS this summer. He asks me daily if he can "eat noodles with Mickey", and he calls himself "pluto puppy". To say he's a Disney fan is an understatement. We talked with the dr.s last month and they suggested taking a trip before surgery. We weren't sure if we could pull it off, but I got a call back from the social worker and she let me know that they would make it happen. I was feeling overwhelmed, but after reading so many great things on here I'm feeling better about planning this amazing experience for our family. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stories! I'm sure once we have our dates and travel plans I'll have tons of questions!
Hi everyone! I hope I'm in the right place! I've been reading here for about a month now, after receiving notice that our son's wish was granted to go to Disney World! I'm still not sure how to get around the boards though. How do I subscribe? So many questions! Oh yea...our dates are April 22-28th...so it's coming up quickly! I'm so thankful for all the info you've all shared here! And I'm touched by all the stories of your precious children too!
:welcome: to the DIS and the wish trippers thread!!!!! :wave2:

You've found the right thread to ask questions! :goodvibes

They don't have them for the Disney Water Parks, but they do have them for Wet & Wild and Aquatica which is the Sea World water park. They'll tell you about them at orientation. I think you have to pay for parking though. :)

All the boys in the family want to go to one of the Disney water parks there, in place of maybe Sea World or one of the Universal days. Does anyone know if GKTW has tickets to those parks in exchange for one of the others?

When I am working and a Wish family shows up at TL I will make sure they get in free. And I have never had any problem with a supervisor over this. Just go to a Guest Relations window at the water park with the Wish/GKTW buttons and tell them you heard that you are allowed in free.

:rolleyes1I am back again! It's been quite a while since I have posted! Things have been crazy here, as I am sure they are for eveyone. I left off with Day 2 of Allison's wish trip and intend on finishing that up. :surfweb:
:cheer2:I am very excited to let eveyone know that we are going back to Florida this summer. We intend on visiting the parks, but the most exciting part.... :banana::banana::banana:WE ARE VOLUNTEERING AT GKTW!!! :banana::banana::banana:So very thrilled to give back:wizard: to a place that gave so much to us!! Allison can not wait to get back there, actually neither can her brothers.
Happy planning!! It is going to take a while to get caught up with the new families! Thanks for all the support the veterans offered to us!:grouphug:

They don't have them for the Disney Water Parks, but they do have them for Wet & Wild and Aquatica which is the Sea World water park. They'll tell you about them at orientation. I think you have to pay for parking though. :)

Thank you!

When I am working and a Wish family shows up at TL I will make sure they get in free. And I have never had any problem with a supervisor over this. Just go to a Guest Relations window at the water park with the Wish/GKTW buttons and tell them you heard that you are allowed in free.

Thank you!

Are the Universal/ IOA passes hoppers ? Like can we go from Universal to TWWoHP in one day ? Jayden said he would like to go back to Harry Potter a second time on the day we plan on going to Universal for one last visit.

Are the Universal/ IOA passes hoppers ? Like can we go from Universal to TWWoHP in one day ? Jayden said he would like to go back to Harry Potter a second time on the day we plan on going to Universal for one last visit.

Yes, I think that are. And the parks are right beside each other, so you can walk between them. I really loved how it was set up there.

Yes they are, also parking is free, and depending on who you talk to at the lot that day preferred parking will be either $4 or free for wish families. Worth it. Also Harry Potter needs to be the first thing you do. That is where everyone goes and the stores are soo crowded that you can't even move.

Yes, they are! Both the Universal and Disney tickets are park hoppers.

:scared1:Finally got to work on the Trip Report.... got another day done and post some pictures too!!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter