Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll be planning on any long days (unless my parents end up coming too and might be able to do some switching off/baby duty), and we are happy to spend a lot of time and evenings at GKTW.

Hi and welcome to the club! :) I just wanted to say that we had our 18 month old with us and we spent alot of time at GKTW and I can honestly say that the best moments were all there. We also told ourselves that we can always go back to WDW but GKTW is once in a lifetime. :) Enjoy yourselves, it will be the time of your lives. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I haven't really been back here in forever but wanted to come back and share what's going on with Lydia heartwise.

Thank you Khalana, for the update. I wish for Lydia's sake ( and yours) that the news was better. You all will be in our prayers.

Did anyone use Orlando Stroller Rentals site to have a stroller delivered to their villa?

Mikaela has a transport chair, but it doesn't have a storage basket or a covering. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this one. It's $120 for the week so I was hoping I could get some 'reviews' before spending that money and it being junk.

http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/baby-jogger-libery-push-chair.html

We leave 2 months from today!!! :banana: :love:

Hi everyone,

I have updated Andrea's trip report. If you want to go over and check it out click the link below.

Thanks,:love:
Diane

I've finished up to day 4 on Devon's trip report.

Nurses coming in the morning to do an evaluation on Devon. :upsidedow If he qualifies, he will have to do a nursing home stay, but then we will get some paid respite care! :woohoo: After a month, it can even be his Grandma who is a retired RN and does home healthcare. It also means no more fighting with the insurance! :yay: Hoping all goes well!

We are going October 10 - 16. Maybe we can hook up some time at the village. There is another family going 10/10- 10/16 also!

Sounds like a meet up is in order!!

We are going October 10 - 16. We certainly need to all get together.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. It's definitely the club you never wanted to join, but at least the club has one perk--these trips!

(Kidding aside, obviously there are more important ones--like the amazing appreciation we have for our children--but those are less tangible.)

Maroo: Thanks so much. We are going October 11-17th...but I can send you more info too if it helps. It is so wonderful of you to do these for people. I will say that we aren't really "pack it all in" kind of people, especially since we'll have our six-month-old with us. But, at the same time, I don't want Melia to miss any of the really cool things either. I don't think we'll be planning on any long days (unless my parents end up coming too and might be able to do some switching off/baby duty), and we are happy to spend a lot of time and evenings at GKTW. I do think she would like the Pooh character meal though, and I also remember reading some families talking about the aquarium restaurant at Sea World, which I think she would love. But we won't be planning anything extravagant that would require extra money, because we simply don't have it. We'll be happy with whatever MAW gives us and give Melia an amazing trip with that. Luckily, she isn't the type to want or beg for toys or things, so we won't have to worry about budgeting much for souvenirs.

Thanks again...and I will try to get a pre-trip report started soon (if I can ever get this baby to sleep longer than 20 minutes at a time!).

Crystal I am so glad Melia was granted her wish. We know you from liverfamilies. I lurk for the most part but this website has helped a lot. We will be there Oct 14-22 and I think Trey's mom said they will be there the week for us, so there are some potential meets.

How cool. So...Mikeala's family, Collins's family, and Lucas's family (sorry, I don't know too many names yet) will all be there at the same time, or at least overlapping a few days. Am I missing anyone? We would love to meet up with anyone who is interested.

Maybe Thursday the 15th?? From what I can tell that is the Winter/Christmas party (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so maybe everyone will be at GKTW that evening. Maybe we could all meet there before it?

I'm starting to get really excited, even though I haven't done any planning yet. I better get on the ball.

p.s. Lisa: It's great that you're over here too. And aren't Lucas and Melia about the same age and had their transplants about the same time?!

How cool. So...Mikeala's family, Collins's family, and Lucas's family (sorry, I don't know too many names yet) will all be there at the same time, or at least overlapping a few days. Am I missing anyone? We would love to meet up with anyone who is interested.

Maybe Thursday the 15th?? From what I can tell that is the Winter/Christmas party (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so maybe everyone will be at GKTW that evening. Maybe we could all meet there before it?

I'm starting to get really excited, even though I haven't done any planning yet. I better get on the ball.

p.s. Lisa: It's great that you're over here too. And aren't Lucas and Melia about the same age and had their transplants about the same time?![/QUOTE

Thursday sounds like a good time to meet. Looking forward to meeting some other families especially ones we've go to know here.
BTW - Collin started school this week. He is only going 1/2 day every other day but is doing very well. If he tolerates the first week with no problems we will try everyday. So far so good. He does seem to have his bladder function problems cropping back up. But otherwise feeling pretty good. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Crystal
Yes I think they are about the same age and had their transplants around the same time. We will be at the Christmas party at GKTW on thursday night, so that sounds good.

Just wanted to pop in and say "HI"! I haven't visited in ages, not because I didn't want too, but I just haven't had much time for the computer and internet this summer. We've been out making memories! :) Our lives are a little different now post-cancer. I don't know if I've shared, but AJ's in remission now and although the cancer battle is not in the forefront, the aftermath is...I'm sure those of you with cancer survivors can understand the confusion, lack of self confidence and depression. So we've been busy just living life this summer and trying to work through this. But I've kept you all in my thoughts and prayers.

If anyone needs questions answered about MAW cruises we went on one in Feb. 08 and it was AWESOME! If you don't get an answer from me in the thread, you might want to PM me too. Since school is starting up I'll have more computer time now.

YES YES YES!!! The Christmas party is a great time! We can Private Message each once it gets closer. This is super exciting!! I was hoping to get to meet up with some other families while we were there. :woohoo::yay::cool1::banana:

Please continue to keep Mya in your thoughts and prayers. Mya's tumor continues to grow in spite of the chemo. There are not many options left and a stem cell rescue may be our last hope. Thank you. If you want to read about Mya's progress, there is a link to her page in my signature.

I also posted this in my PTR, but wanted to share it with everyone here!!!

I went to Six Flags Great America to day with my kids. (Local Theme park near Chicago) As you enter the park, the first thing you see is a large pool of water with an iconic double decker carousel behind it. People regularly throw money into the pool and at certain times through out the season it is collected and donated to charities.

I have never noticed a sign before, but today a familiar symbol caught my eyes. All the donations to the fontain were being donated to Give Kids the World. I must admite that I was close to tears. I took a picture and will try to down load it tomarrow (to tierd tonight). I than walked into the quest relations building, told them a little more about Give Kids the World and why it was so important, informed them that we were going in a month, and thanked them from us and everyother family whos lives were changed (even for just a little while) by GKTW. When we left they had smiles on their faces and I think we made their day. They certainly made mine.:cloud9:

As we left, I gave the kids each a quarter and we each threw them in the fontain. What did we wish for. . .well I can't tell, but I think you can quess what it is.:love:

Please continue to keep Mya in your thoughts and prayers. Mya's tumor continues to grow in spite of the chemo. There are not many options left and a stem cell rescue may be our last hope. Thank you. If you want to read about Mya's progress, there is a link to her page in my signature.

I just wanted to let you know that I will continue to keep you and Mya in my prayers. :grouphug:

I also posted this in my PTR, but wanted to share it with everyone here!!!

I went to Six Flags Great America to day with my kids. (Local Theme park near Chicago) As you enter the park, the first thing you see is a large pool of water with an iconic double decker carousel behind it. People regularly throw money into the pool and at certain times through out the season it is collected and donated to charities.

I have never noticed a sign before, but today a familiar symbol caught my eyes. All the donations to the fontain were being donated to Give Kids the World. I must admite that I was close to tears. I took a picture and will try to down load it tomarrow (to tierd tonight). I than walked into the quest relations building, told them a little more about Give Kids the World and why it was so important, informed them that we were going in a month, and thanked them from us and everyother family whos lives were changed (even for just a little while) by GKTW. When we left they had smiles on their faces and I think we made their day. They certainly made mine.:cloud9:

As we left, I gave the kids each a quarter and we each threw them in the fontain. What did we wish for. . .well I can't tell, but I think you can quess what it is.:love:

I read about this somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was now. :confused3 I think my DDs are too young for Six Flags, but I've been telling everyone that I know is going there about the reflection pool and GKTW and encouraging them to throw tons of $$ in! What an awesome way to fund wishes for sick kids!

She, and you, are always in my prayers. I wish I could think of some words of comfort to strenghten you or give you a hug that says everything.:hug:

Mya is in our prayers every night. We have been praying for her since you started posting. She is a beautiful little girl and we will continue to pray for strength for you and for healing for Mya. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter