MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

I forgot which thread I was in. The following is my experience using the MB + over the last couple of days:

In case anyone cares, we didn’t end up staying for Harmonious and Batuu was too crowded with others doing the bounty game because we got back there too late. We’re going back tonight to do SR and unless it’s too crowded I will at least give it a try. I did start to play another game through the parks app in Batuu that seemed like a scavenger hunt, but I’m sorry, it’s too crowded and hot and my feet hurt to play a game right now. Maybe when the newness wears off.

At this point, I definitely don’t think the MB+ is super amazing or anything, but I’m happy to have one for the future. Charging hasn’t been an issue, because we take afternoon breaks and I charge it then. But I’m sorry, there is no way I’m playing BBH for 90 minutes to let you all know how much battery it sucks. Love you all, but no. ;)

More updates:

Bounty Hunting: really cool! Son played for about an hour while little sister and brother napped and we waited for our rise of resistance ILL. **Glitch maybe** make sure you CANCEL your bounty at the board prior to leaving area. Theine was long and our rise time was ready so we left and I attempted to cancel it via the app. Ended up with a buzzing and glowing MB+ the whole rise wait and ride because I could only cancel it from the board (which had a line and why we skipped past it). I reported it to guest services so hopefully there will be a fix for that soon.

Charge: with a full overnight charge on all phones and bands, Bluetooth and apps running our whole visit the charges lasted as follows- still full after being at HS from 0700-1730 except for Mando band, it was used for bounties so had a half charge. Phones lasted all day. Another night of full charging and off to MK we went 0700-0000. Bands outlasted my phone which died 30 minutes before park close, all other phones lasted. We did do statue interactions throughout the day.

Statues: hit or miss. Sometimes they triggered with a wave, sometimes when we turned the puck towards them, sometimes just because we walked by. I find that adults who are taller/have longer reach, triggered them easier than small children.

Fireworks: I couldn't say for sure, but I *believe* you need to be close to the main hub for this to work. We rode Aladdin's carpet ride to watch the fireworks and our bands did not light up/vibrate for the show. So if that's something important to you you may want to double check on it.

Oh and for those worried about having enough charging areas in hotel rooms:

We stayed in building 35 Alligator Bayou (one of the rooms that sleeps 5 at Riverside). We had by the beds alone:
6 normal outlets
6 USB outlets

So we were able to charge 4 phones and 5 MB+'s no problem without extra power strips and what not.

More updates:

Bounty Hunting: really cool! Son played for about an hour while little sister and brother napped and we waited for our rise of resistance ILL. **Glitch maybe** make sure you CANCEL your bounty at the board prior to leaving area. Theine was long and our rise time was ready so we left and I attempted to cancel it via the app. Ended up with a buzzing and glowing MB+ the whole rise wait and ride because I could only cancel it from the board (which had a line and why we skipped past it). I reported it to guest services so hopefully there will be a fix for that soon.

Charge: with a full overnight charge on all phones and bands, Bluetooth and apps running our whole visit the charges lasted as follows- still full after being at HS from 0700-1730 except for Mando band, it was used for bounties so had a half charge. Phones lasted all day. Another night of full charging and off to MK we went 0700-0000. Bands outlasted my phone which died 30 minutes before park close, all other phones lasted. We did do statue interactions throughout the day.

Statues: hit or miss. Sometimes they triggered with a wave, sometimes when we turned the puck towards them, sometimes just because we walked by. I find that adults who are taller/have longer reach, triggered them easier than small children.

Fireworks: I couldn't say for sure, but I *believe* you need to be close to the main hub for this to work. We rode Aladdin's carpet ride to watch the fireworks and our bands did not light up/vibrate for the show. So if that's something important to you you may want to double check on it.
Thanks for the detailed information about battery charges!

Magic band was waiting for us as promised !

Did you request the bands be shipped to the resort, or did Disney do that for you because of how soon your trip was scheduled to start?

I ordered new bands on launch day and still haven't received a shipping notification. Getting concerned as our resort stay starts this Friday.

I was told by merchandise services, there is nothing they can do, if the bands haven't shipped they can't credit back yet, they don't know why people less than 10 days out were not automatically shipped to the hotel. she seemed to have very canned responses. So we will be buying when we get there.

Question about charging the Dooney and Bourke limited edition Main Street Electrical Parade magic band.

I received the box this afternoon and it all looks correct except there is no place on the band to charge it and no cord was included. Did I purchase the wrong thing? It says 50th on the box, 4500 ltd edition, and looks exactly like the magic band listed on ShopDisney which is where I ordered from.

Does this band not need to be charged?

Side note- I ordered the magic band on Friday and it was delivered via UPS today so 2 business days.

Question about charging the Dooney and Bourke limited edition Main Street Electrical Parade magic band.

I received the box this afternoon and it all looks correct except there is no place on the band to charge it and no cord was included. Did I purchase the wrong thing? It says 50th on the box, 4500 ltd edition, and looks exactly like the magic band listed on ShopDisney which is where I ordered from.

Side note- I ordered the magic band on Friday and it was delivered via UPS today so 2 business days.
That's a MagicBand 2, not a MagicBand+.

MagicBand 2 does not need to be charged. MagicBand + is the version which needs to be charged. It sounds like your D&B LE is a MB2.

Yes, it is the MB 2. I was rushing and chose the wrong one. Since I am staying at the Dolphin, I am thinking of possibly just using the one I ordered. I actually have a years old Pirates of the Caribbean band that I love. Is there any real difference in function between my old Pirates MB and the new Dooney & Bourke MB2?

Just the band design, nothing functional. Although if the battery is dead in the Pirates MB it won't transmit for ride pictures.

The pirates band still functions. Maybe I will just wear the new D&B MB2 since I cannot return it.

Thank you of your thoughts.

The pirates band still functions. Maybe I will just wear the new D&B MB2 since I cannot return it.

Thank you of your thoughts.
Touch points like entering the park, redeeming a LL return, or physically touching for PhotoPass will still work even if the internal battery is dead. Long range things like PhotoPass pictures on rides without touch points such as SDD or HM would be problematic with a dead battery. If you still want to wear Pirates, throw the D&B MB in your bag. It will still pick up ride photos even if you aren't wearing it.

Touch points like entering the park, redeeming a LL return, or physically touching for PhotoPass will still work even if the internal battery is dead. Long range things like PhotoPass pictures on rides without touch points such as SDD or HM would be problematic with a dead battery. If you still want to wear Pirates, throw the D&B MB in your bag. It will still pick up ride photos even if you aren't wearing it.
Thanks, PolyRob.

Posted this on another thread, wanted to update here, too. Arrived this morning 8/10 (Wilderness Lodge), my Magic Band was NOT at the front desk. I ordered 7/27 and it still shows in progress. I asked about it when we arrived and they had a person there who seemed to be specifically dealing with the MB issues. They asked for my confirmation for the band, which I showed her. She went into a specific laptop she had, found my order, and told me I would be credited back for the amount I paid. She also told me the order would still ship and I could use it for a future stay, so it’s a free magic band. I asked about buying a new one on property and getting the same price. I was told I could charge one back to my room and they would credit back the $10 difference between the regular and pre- arrival price. I did have to ask about that, it was not offered until I asked. I was told they made a note on my reservation. I brought a band from my last trip, so I think I’m going to use that and not buy a new one, especially since I’ll still get the one I ordered.

Posted this on another thread, wanted to update here, too. Arrived this morning 8/10 (Wilderness Lodge), my Magic Band was NOT at the front desk. I ordered 7/27 and it still shows in progress. I asked about it when we arrived and they had a person there who seemed to be specifically dealing with the MB issues. They asked for my confirmation for the band, which I showed her. She went into a specific laptop she had, found my order, and told me I would be credited back for the amount I paid. She also told me the order would still ship and I could use it for a future stay, so it’s a free magic band. I asked about buying a new one on property and getting the same price. I was told I could charge one back to my room and they would credit back the $10 difference between the regular and pre- arrival price. I did have to ask about that, it was not offered until I asked. I was told they made a note on my reservation. I brought a band from my last trip, so I think I’m going to use that and not buy a new one, especially since I’ll still get the one I ordered.
Well that is annoying. They better honor the same price if it is their fault the MBs didn't arrive on time! I leave in a little over 2wks and mine haven't shipped yet either. I assumed they would have by now so am starting to get concerned. I called today and was told I would for sure receive them before we leave and that the CM I spoke to would "watch my order". Not sure what that means, but I hope she's right.

This is definitely inconvenient, but I am glad to see there is some sort of recovery.

Do you have an AP or DVC membership? I wonder if you can stack the 20% merchandise discount with the $10 pre-arrival price savings 🤑

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter