Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen multiple people mention this, and while I believe it, I still feel like Disney is working feverishly to try to get around it somehow. Like, maybe not parking fees, but a "vehicle space reservation" fee or "site entrance fee" or "vehicle security" fee, where we're not paying for parking, but for the the right to bring our car on property at all, and the increased security needed to watch our car! Yeah, that's it! It's not a parking fee! :headache:
"Lex Luther" Chapek here. Great idea. We can charge a fee to reserve a space for them to park. Otherwise, no guarantee of parking being available when they arrive. Tolls at the gate, what a wonderful idea. We just renovated that road sign and need to pay for it somehow. I really like the Vehicle Security fee idea. We can charge it and not take down the signs that we are not responsible for loss and damages.
Keep the ideas coming. Cha-Ching

I actually said this as a joke - but it's real now - we are going to go to Universal so much more.

I love Disney - and I'm absolutely one of their biggest excuse makers - but I'm also a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan - so really this is going to increase our options, because previously I wouldnt have ever considered a Universal trip unless we were staying on site at Universal - but now that i'll have a car....

I better get my interactive wand and my time turner out of my china cabinet.

Bc yes I put them in there.

I’m very salty about the parking charges, but if we stay offsite we have to pay at the parks anyway. Either way I’m paying. Still cheaper than flying Thanksgiving week.

The Disney fan way. And I am 100% guilty of this myself, stay salty and hold grudges but never leave and love every minute of it 🤣.

I was pissed when they moved away from KTTW cards to magicbands and the entire mymagic+ system. Now I’m mad they’re moving away from it. I’m fairly sure part of our WDW experience used to be the fun of arriving at the airport, getting a rental with anticipation building, and now I’m like WE NEED A RENTAL CAR?? 😡

The Disney fan way. And I am 100% guilty of this myself, stay salty and hold grudges but never leave and love every minute of it 🤣.

I was pissed when they moved away from KTTW cards to magicbands and the entire mymagic+ system. Now I’m mad they’re moving away from it. I’m fairly sure part of our WDW experience used to be the fun of arriving at the airport, getting a rental with anticipation building, and now I’m like WE NEED A RENTAL CAR?? 😡
I couldn't understand moving away from the magicband. It made it so much easier to spend money. You would think they would require everyone to use the MBs.

Meh. I really enjoyed DME because it felt like my Disney vacation started in the airport since all I had to do was head on down to DME.

But, we went pre-DME and just handled our own luggage and took a Mears shuttle. I suspect we will do the same in the future unless Disney adds a paid service.

I think the consternation on here would be a degree or two less if people knew there was at least some sort of Disney-sanctioned paid alternative on the way. It’s not just an added cost; it’s an added labor of finding alternative transposition, which can be challenging for those unfamiliar with non-Disney Central FL (a category a lot fo DME diehards of course fall into).

I’m often driving to WDW so I don’t often use DME but I do use it from time to time and I’ve always appreciated the convenience. Of all things, I felt pretty good about it being safe so, more than anything, this has me asking around about what could be next. Nothing seems to be off the table, which gives you a peak into the company’s financial picture right now.

We are DME diehards. Used it as soon as we could and never looked back. The ease of it kept us onsite 100% of our vacation save for the drive to and from the airport, to the point that we are interesting in UO but never bothered.

That said, I still think the removal of it as an included option is still going to fall under grumbled about but accepted changes. If I’m wrong, that’s great too since that might force their hand to bring something similar back.

I think the consternation on here would be a degree or two less if people knew there was at least some sort of Disney-sanctioned paid alternative on the way. It’s not just an added cost; it’s an added labor of finding alternative transposition, which can be challenging for those unfamiliar with non-Disney Central FL (a category a lot fo DME diehards of course fall into).

this. Im okay if they still had the Minnie Vans. But for Disney to have no Disney based solution to get to MCO is horrible. They used to be a one-stop shop for your vacation. Forcing people back to TA’s or to make their own plans sounds like a terrible business plan.

I couldn't understand moving away from the magicband. It made it so much easier to spend money. You would think they would require everyone to use the MBs.

It feels wrong not tapping a band to spend money for the week or two after we return home, so I guess it works on me!

"Lex Luther" Chapek here. Great idea. We can charge a fee to reserve a space for them to park. Otherwise, no guarantee of parking being available when they arrive. Tolls at the gate, what a wonderful idea. We just renovated that road sign and need to pay for it somehow. I really like the Vehicle Security fee idea. We can charge it and not take down the signs that we are not responsible for loss and damages.
Keep the ideas coming. Cha-Ching
I dislike Chapek as much as the next guy, but why is everyone on here pinning this decision on him? D'Amaro is the one in charge of Parks and Experiences. Doesn't he deserve the blame? I doubt the Disney CEO mandated that WDW would no longer offer DME.

They haven't said they're moving away from the magicband. They're not giving free magic bands to resort guests anymore.

We are DME diehards. Used it as soon as we could and never looked back. The ease of it kept us onsite 100% of our vacation save for the drive to and from the airport, to the point that we are interesting in UO but never bothered.

That said, I still think the removal of it as an included option is still going to fall under grumbled about but accepted changes. If I’m wrong, that’s great too since that might force their hand to bring something similar back.
I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but I think a lot of grumbling will stop when some sort of (paid) similar alternative emerges.

I’ve also been of the belief that I can disagree strongly with and vocalize that displeasure about certain decisions Disney makes (heaven knows I’ve been critical of some of their pandemic-related decisions) but still be willing to go. Will it make a difference? Maybe. Maybe not (history tells us the ladder is more likely).

They haven't said they're moving away from the magicband. They're not giving free magic bands to resort guests anymore.

Yup. "give us more money to make it easier for you to us more money, you gotta buy your magic bands that make it easier for you to buy things from us."

They aren't much, but another $60 for a family of 4. they keep adding these "little things" on, and the little things keep adding up to ungodly amounts.

Meh. I really enjoyed DME because it felt like my Disney vacation started in the airport since all I had to do was head on down to DME.

But, we went pre-DME and just handled our own luggage and took a Mears shuttle. I suspect we will do the same in the future unless Disney adds a paid service.

So did we , but15 years later, those bags seem a lot heavier.

I just left feedback here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Not sure it will go to anyone that matters but I feel better for having said something. Hopefully someone gets it though and hopefully enough people say something so they are aware how much of a loss this is for guests. Judging by the volume of responses here, it sounds like most people are in agreement that this stinks.

Thank you! I just emailed them as well. Disney charges premium prices that I was okay with when there was literally nothing I had to think of and it was all taken care of. Now, I couldn't fathom spending the huge amount for an experience I could have at most nice resorts.

Is there a good email to write them and complain?
They'll hear you out, but then they'll tell you they arent changing their minds. They did that with the parking.

I emailed them, actually got a call back from someone and expressed my frustrations. A lot of people here did that, disney didnt care.

I hope this isn't going to happen. I travel solo and don't drive, DME has been the best way for me and all non driving guests to get from OIA to our resort.
I have no doubt there will be a service similar to the Disneyland Resort Express for $49 round trip per person suddenly making an appearance at OIA. Both DLRP and Tokyo also operate Disney Airport transfers that are paid services. Such a shame if they get rid of DME. Many people may decide not to stay on site with so many of the perks and incentives disappearing.
The part I hate most is when Disney does things like this and tries to make out its what the customer wants..

I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but I think a lot of grumbling will stop when some sort of (paid) similar alternative emerges.

I’ve also been of the belief that I can disagree strongly with and vocalize that displeasure about certain decisions Disney makes (heaven knows I’ve been critical of some of their pandemic-related decisions) but still be willing to go. Will it make a difference? Maybe. Maybe not (history tells us the ladder is more likely).

I agree that people will accept it faster if Disney lets us pay for it. Kind of funny to think about given that if they went straight from “free” to paid without news of the loss of the service people would be more upset I think.

Your second paragraph, I think you’re touching on the don’t like it vote with your wallet crowd? I’m with you. Lots of room between seeing NO value in a WDW vacation anymore and being upset about aspects and changes.

I hope this isn't going to happen. I travel solo and don't drive, DME has been the best way for me and all non driving guests to get from OIA to our resort.
I have no doubt there will be a service similar to the Disneyland Resort Express for $49 round trip per person suddenly making an appearance at OIA. Both DLRP and Tokyo also operate Disney Airport transfers that are paid services. Such a shame if they get rid of DME. Many people may decide not to stay on site with so many of the perks and incentives disappearing.
The part I hate most is when Disney does things like this and tries to make out its what the customer wants..

It is happening. They announced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter