For standard, regular (not party) magic shots, are there specific PP Photographers to go to? Is there some indicator that this photographer does/will do magic shots? Do you have to ask for them special?

Last edited:
Is there some indicator that this photographer does/will do magic shots? Do you have to ask for them special?
My experience has been you generally have to ask. They generally take a few pictures, and come to you to scan your band. When asked if they do a magic shot, most often they say, 'sure', and then take a few more shots, most often after posing you or your group how they want you. As for which ones, generally tripod bound cameras are not set up for magic shots.

My experience has been you generally have to ask. They generally take a few pictures, and come to you to scan your band. When asked if they do a magic shot, most often they say, 'sure', and then take a few more shots, most often after posing you or your group how they want you. As for which ones, generally tripod bound cameras are not set up for magic shots.

Excellent - will keep that in mind. Thank you.

BTW - loe your DIS pic! We have that framed.

UPDATE:
These new photos can also be seen in their respective headings.

Magic Kingdom

upload_2017-9-4_23-20-16.png
Iago & Poison Apple: Available through November 2 from most Disney PhotoPass photographers.

EPCOT
upload_2017-9-4_23-21-22.png
Remy -
Available from most Disney PhotoPass photographers in Epcot during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which runs through November 13.

Hollywood Studios
upload_2017-9-4_23-22-23.png
Poison Apple:
Available through November 2 on Sunset Boulevard.

NOTE: Nothing new for Animal Kingdom

For standard, regular (not party) magic shots, are there specific PP Photographers to go to? Is there some indicator that this photographer does/will do magic shots? Do you have to ask for them special?

Yes you need to ask for them also ask if they can do more then one style to save on time. I had a wonderful photographer who took Wings, Tink and Tea Cups. The photographer moved around which made the photos appear in different locations!

UPDATE:
These new photos can also be seen in their respective headings.

EPCOT
Remy -
Available from most Disney PhotoPass photographers in Epcot during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which runs through November 13.

Hollywood Studios
Poison Apple:
Available through November 2 on Sunset Boulevard.

NOTE: Nothing new for Animal Kingdom

Excellent - thanks for the updated info. DH loves Remy!

What a great thread! Thank you!!! - One question, is there a PDF or file that can be printed out with a list of all the available shots?

I wish I had found this thread before our trip last week! We only got a couple Magic Shots - one with my girls holding Tink in MK (the photog offered to do this one), and the Lion King one in AK which we got when we asked about one holding baby Simba & were told they don't do that one any more. We got a lot of regular photos in all 4 parks but I didn't really think about asking for Magic Shots as I feel like the photographers used to just do them as a "surprise," i.e. they'd have you pose a certain way and you wouldn't know why until you saw the photo later. That was always fun.

I wish I had found this thread before our trip last week! We only got a couple Magic Shots - one with my girls holding Tink in MK (the photog offered to do this one), and the Lion King one in AK which we got when we asked about one holding baby Simba & were told they don't do that one any more. We got a lot of regular photos in all 4 parks but I didn't really think about asking for Magic Shots as I feel like the photographers used to just do them as a "surprise," i.e. they'd have you pose a certain way and you wouldn't know why until you saw the photo later. That was always fun.

In earnest I've never come across a photographer who surprised us with a magic shot, I hunted them down and got the ones I wanted. You do need to ask for them though and they can take more then one magic shot. The facebook link on the main page is a wonderful way to see what is being offered. Disney states they'll keep their site up to date too and it's wonderful thing to keep on your phone. Please feel free to post your photos!

Is this shot available after 4 pm at MNSSHP but only before dark? Sorry I wanted to clarify because I'm confused about that.

upload_2017-8-24_9-57-36-png.264250

Is this shot available after 4 pm at MNSSHP but only before dark? Sorry I wanted to clarify because I'm confused about that.

upload_2017-8-24_9-57-36-png.264250
According to Disney Facebook, this Magic Shot at Magic Kingdom is part of Disney's everyday collection during regular operating hours, from park open to park close as long as there is a photographer available to do it.

If you're attending the MNSSHP, the park officially closes this year at 7pm. You might have better luck getting it done between 4-7 however, the issue is finding a photographer to do the shot.o_O

Do you know if the Tangled Lantern is Available during MNSSHP? Someone posted a photo on Instagram where they're dressed in a costume as Rapunzel and the photo is tagged on Instagram as MNSSHP. The photo is taken when it's dark outside and has the Tangled Lantern shot.

According to Disney Facebook, this Magic Shot at Magic Kingdom is part of Disney's everyday collection during regular operating hours, from park open to park close as long as there is a photographer available to do it.

If you're attending the MNSSHP, the park officially closes this year at 7pm. You might have better luck getting it done between 4-7 however, the issue is finding a photographer to do the shot.o_O

I just got this during the party last Thursday night. The photographer was set up in Adventureland past POC before the wagon that used to sell McDonald's fries. So look to the left after you pass POC heading towards Splash Mtn. It was past 11 PM when I got my pic taken.

Do you know if the Tangled Lantern is Available during MNSSHP? Someone posted a photo on Instagram where they're dressed in a costume as Rapunzel and the photo is tagged on Instagram as MNSSHP. The photo is taken when it's dark outside and has the Tangled Lantern shot.

They were doing it at the party last Thursday night.

Just waiting for the magical express and thought is add my experience. I found little to no magic shots and always had to ask. In the past I had been surprised with them but not on this trip. However, my favourite tip from this thread was about the photopass studio in Disney Springs. They took some great photos of my daughter, so great that we made a special trip back there after her bibbity Bobbiti day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter