Magic maker opinions????

Clt_jojo

DISNEYLAND HONG KONG BOUND MARCH 2025
Anyone at the parks using memory maker? I wondered if it was difficult to find DISNEYWORLD staff photographers while in the parks? Did you find there was enough staff and enough locations to make it worth it? I hate to pay 169 for the 5 days in March I will be there for flower and garden? Especially if there are only a couple of locations that photographers are talking pics? Anyone ?

We buy it for every trip, except for our upcoming one because I don’t care for pics with masks. That said, I think photographers were basically every where you would want a pic and we ended up with hundreds of pics after every trip. We last went in February and maybe someone who has been more recently can chime in?
Deb

We were there last May and someone in our party purchased that package. There were several locations where photos were being taken. Not sure how it might have changed with covid. I don't recall how many pictures they ended up with, maybe 20-30. The photographer took more then 1 picture at each area in case someone wasn't smiling or looking at the camera, etc. I don't think it is worth the price and you can easily take pictures with your own camera if you want some group shots.

I think you first need to decide: even if there are tons of photographers, will you be happy with lots of photos of your group in masks?

Also, no character meets anymore, so you won’t get those photos.

Also keep in mind that cast members are longer supposed to use your phone/camera to take photos.

I was there this fall. There are still photographers, but not as many. For example, I didn't find any by the MK entrance or the HM exit. I have Memory Maker included with my annual pass. If I didn't, I don't think I'd pay extra for the masked photos.

We just got back from WDW - we were there Dec 11-22. We had purchased Memory Maker, so we were looking for PhotoPass photographers and found plenty of them in all four parks. We even found a few that we didn't expect, like one photographer who was hanging out one evening by the fountain in EPCOT's Morocco pavilion. We found the special Zoom shots/videos at the Magic Kingdom and Galaxy's Edge (and there's a new Zoom shot in Animal Kingdom), and we also went to the PhotoPass studios in Disney Springs and on the side of EPCOT'S Journey Into Imagination. Although there are no character meet-and-greets going on right now, the photographers gave us plenty of magic shots that included characters such as Tinker Belle, Orange Bird, Kevin from "Up," Olaf, Jack Skellington, various droids and The Child. And if you have a Disney VISA like we did, you just need to show your VISA card and you can get some really cool exclusive character magic shots taken at Hollywood Studios (by Star Wars Launch Bay) and in EPCOT (at the Journey Into Imagination PhotoPass Studio). And of course Memory Maker also includes all of your ride photos and videos, plus complimentary professional shots of various characters and park views. Even with the masks, we thought it was totally worth it. (And let's face it, we'll always know what year those photos were taken!)

We were just there with our adult kids and grandkids Dec. 20-26, found plenty of photographers, came home with 300+ photos. In addition to Magic Shots, some photographers put us in really cute poses! It was the first and possibly only trip with all 9 of us, so we refused to let masks ruin anything. DH and I have APs, though, so we didn’t have to pay extra for the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter