Magic Kingdom Fireworks Parties

My boyfriend and I are going to splurge on this for our end of October trip.

Last time I did a dessert party the only option was Tomorrowland terrace. I'm thinking of doing the post or pre and enjoying the garden area for viewing. We are planning on going on a night that has the deluxe extra hours (staying at the dolphin so we will take advantage). Is it worth it to do the post party amd then go do rides or would it be better to do the pre and then go focus on the rides? I'm thinking pre but I've seen a lot of love for the post party so I'm second guessing my plan.

Also for enjoying the food and drinks, is there seating during that or is that all standing as well? I can't say I fully enjoyed the star wars dessert party when all that were available were those standing tables so just want to be prepared.

Thanks for any insight and good luck to everyone else trying for reservations tomorrow with Disney's finicky system!

My boyfriend and I are going to splurge on this for our end of October trip.

Last time I did a dessert party the only option was Tomorrowland terrace. I'm thinking of doing the post or pre and enjoying the garden area for viewing. We are planning on going on a night that has the deluxe extra hours (staying at the dolphin so we will take advantage). Is it worth it to do the post party amd then go do rides or would it be better to do the pre and then go focus on the rides? I'm thinking pre but I've seen a lot of love for the post party so I'm second guessing my plan.

Also for enjoying the food and drinks, is there seating during that or is that all standing as well? I can't say I fully enjoyed the star wars dessert party when all that were available were those standing tables so just want to be prepared.

Thanks for any insight and good luck to everyone else trying for reservations tomorrow with Disney's finicky system!

We enjoyed the pre, but I don't think you can go wrong with either if decide to do it.

Anyone know how late after the fireworks you can stay if you do the post party? I always hate fighting the crowds on the way out, so if you get to sit and have dessert and watch the crowds disperse it seems like a good use of time, unless they try to push you out quickly.

The park closes at 9 pm on the day that I have the party, with the fireworks at 8 pm. I would expect they would provide the same amount of time (at least one hour) that they provide the pre-party guests....I would like to walk out to an almost empty park, if possible :D

EDITED: fixed time of the fireworks; check in is at 7 pm, fireworks at 8 pm.

Last edited:

I was wanting the after-party for 10/4 but was able to get a pre-party. I have done both and the terrace seating. I prefer the after-party only because you get first dibs on a spot.

Ooh, is that what the post-party is about?! I just hope we don't get "leftovers" from the pre-party and regular terrace party

we did the garden area and while, yes, the spot is great we had a bad experience with other guests in front of us. It was a lot of money to pay even in 2018 to have an adult come stand directly in front of us on the packed green just as the show started

I personally prefer the pre-party . Everything is fresh and exciting . The place is full of energy . It’s so nice to get out of the waiting crowd and feel pampered. The after party feels less exciting . We were either tired and ready to go or wanted to get on some rides . The food wasn’t as fresh as the pre-party either . Didn’t look left over but definitely not as fresh feeling . The chocolate covered strawberries weren’t super cold for example. We weren’t rushed out of there but you could tell the party was ending not just getting started .

We were able to get post part 10/4! I picked post to let the crowds disperse before leaving the park, watching the fireworks in the garden was the priority, desserts are just a perk! We've done the seated but not garden view. I'm trying for Rose and Crown this week also.

We were able to get post part 10/4! I picked post to let the crowds disperse before leaving the park, watching the fireworks in the garden was the priority, desserts are just a perk! We've done the seated but not garden view. I'm trying for Rose and Crown this week also.
Nice! I saw 10/4 is available for my dates, but I'm heading into Epcot that night to catch Harmonious and avail myself of the 10pm-Midnight Extra Magic Hours (or whatever they're called now). Hoping for one of the dinner/firework packages too.

Nice! I saw 10/4 is available for my dates, but I'm heading into Epcot that night to catch Harmonious and avail myself of the 10pm-Midnight Extra Magic Hours (or whatever they're called now). Hoping for one of the dinner/firework packages too.

We're doing a split stay 10/2-10/4 at Poly, 10/5-10/8 BCV to do the parks we can walk to. Bummed the extra hours didn't work out in our favor, I don't think we're gonna take advantage of it.

Thanks for all the information. Friends were interested in this to get away from the crowds during Thanksgiving week and asking which to book, pre or post party. I've never done the MK dessert party before so not sure what to recommend.

The pre-party seems straight forward. Check in at 6:30pm for 8pm FW, eat I guess from 6:30pm to probably 7:30pm then go to the Plaza.

I'm not sure of the timing of the post-party. The check in is 7pm for 8pm FW. That seems like a long time to wait when the spot is reserved. Can you check in later than that understanding areas will be filling up already?

Say you do check in at 7pm, wait in the Plaza until 8pm FW which will go for probably 20 minutes or so, then go to the party. How long can you stay at the party with a park close of 9pm?

I feel like the pre-party gives you more time to enjoy the party and less waiting time for the FW, but not sure if I'm reading this correctly.

What happens if the park closing time is extended? Will the FW and party time change too?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any advice!

We have park hoppers and reservations to Epcot the day we want to attend the MK dessert party. I feel like it should be fine, but the wording about having tickets and a reservation to the park that day are making me a little concerned. Anyone else?

We have park hoppers and reservations to Epcot the day we want to attend the MK dessert party. I feel like it should be fine, but the wording about having tickets and a reservation to the park that day are making me a little concerned. Anyone else?

As long as you have park hoppers and check into Epcot before you head to Magic Kingdom, you will be fine. It is a separate hard ticket event and a lot of people don’t get the park hopper option, so I think that’s why it’s worded that way.

The pre-party seems straight forward. Check in at 6:30pm for 8pm FW, eat I guess from 6:30pm to probably 7:30pm then go to the Plaza.

I'm not sure of the timing of the post-party. The check in is 7pm for 8pm FW. That seems like a long time to wait when the spot is reserved.
This is my question too. One of the party nights I’m considering is a late hours night, so open until 11. I doubt we stay until 11 but definitely want the option of getting a few rides in after the party. If you can check in for the pre-party at 6:30, can you eat and be done by 7, before the post-party folks start checking in? (Or bunches of them, anyway?) Agree that standing there got an hour for a paid spot doesn’t seem any better than waiting an hour for a free spot! And we all know we’re not really paying for the desserts. Any thoughts appreciated; I’m T minus 9 hours from go time!!! LOL

Are you allowed to leave and enter the garden area? You get a wristband, right? I wonder if for the post party you can check in an hour before, get the wristband, try to get on a short attraction line, and get back to the garden right before the fireworks start? I heard the area can be busy and people still stake out a spot within the garden, but if the space is really that good shouldn’t every spot be a good spot?

We splurged on tickets for the pre-party on the night we have Boo Bash only (no daytime) tickets because fireworks are a priority for my kids (their choice) and didn't want to fight the crowds. Thought maybe we could enjoy a few moments of desserts instead of staking out a space in the crowds, and then enjoy reserved standing. Just wondering - if we can't get into MK until 7 pm (with Boo tickets), will we still have time to enjoy the desserts checking in as soon as we get back there? I know check in starts at 630 for 8 pm fireworks. I was thinking 20-25 mins of party and head out at 745 for fireworks... I've never done a party though... would that work?

Very happy about the 50th Anniversary Enchanted dessert party! Now I have to decide which one to do. :scratchinIf I know my DH he would prefer the "Treats & Seats". It may be the only way I get him to do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter