Magic Jack any one use it

disneymarie

<font color=blue>Its a rumour about the donuts...<
I was thinking of using one, just a thought.
I do have Verizon package, phone and Internet. I am starting a work from home based office, which I wanted a second phone no.

So far I just thought to have an identi ring, seperate ring on the phone. $5 more a month.

I am not concerned about marketing in yellow pages. It will be more of referral from attorneys and court system. Informing them with flyers and also ad in the Legal Register....

Just thought it may free up the house phone or be a fax line ?????

To expensive to have a second cell phone line or Business phone for a consulting type business.
Di
:surfweb:

We have had the magic jack for over a year and think it works great. You only have to worry with reception if you have many programs open on your computer. Other than that, we haven't had any issues with it. Can't beat the price.

Could it be hooked up to the computer to receive a fax? On the all in one printer?
I guess if the power goes off the phone does too? We have had several recent power outages here. Two this week for 6 hrs and 2 hours......

I guess they give you one of their own numbers?
:surfweb:

Magic jack had lots of static and many clients said I sounded
as though I were underwater, so I gave up. Maybe you'll be
luckier.

We have had the magic jack for a year. They will give you a number--we have had some minor problems--but we always laugh and call it the crappy jack--the name my sister gave it and then her husband got them one!
Yes if the power or internet goes off you will lose that phone line-but her for $20 bucks it does the job! We just re-upped for another year!

Samantha

my friend has one and swears by it, mind you she only uses it for her fax machine, but she has never had a problem with it! Good Luck!

I use Vonage for my business line $24.99 and I have a dedicated fax line $9.99 to the all in one. I have been with them for 3 years. They fixed the under water sounds and calls only drop occasionally if I sit too close to the computer.

And depending on your comupter and all in one's software you should be able to put it on your computer.

Dh and I have been using it for about 6 months and his folks signed on soon after us as well. We really like it and haven't had any problems. We use it for our long distance phone calls. We have our internet through Verizon and kept our land line with them as well, but got rid of all the extras we never used, just kept caller ID. Our phone bill is much much much nicer now!! :banana:

Does anyone know if you can take this on the road with you and use the same phone number? Does it work with hotel phones? Thanks for any replies.

My sister said you can take it anywhere that you have internet service

Does anyone know if you can take this on the road with you and use the same phone number? Does it work with hotel phones? Thanks for any replies.

Yes, you can travel with it. You just need a computer and an internet connection.

We've had it for a year now. My DH complains about a clicking sound once in a while, but I use it for long distance calls and haven't had any problems with it. We use it for fax too, again no problems to speak of. Using the magic jack at home has allowed us to get rid of our land line, which we barely used except for DH work calls so we wouldn't go over on cell minutes. Everyone in the house has their own cell that we can use for emergencies or if the power is out or something like that. Overall we lowered our communication costs by about $50/month. We did dedicate an old lap top to the magic jack though. If you have a lot of programs going the quality does go down hill. That same lap top acts as my girls' word processor too. Overall we are happy with it.

I was looking into Magic Jack also.
Seems like it's a 50/50 of like it vs dislike it.
Anyone else have any experiance with Magic Jack.
This may be a ongoing offer but they have a
Free 30 day trial for Magic Jack on there website.

We just signed up for Magic Jack. The only issue so far is that the software makes the computer slow to start up. We have an old computer though. For those of you who have the Entertainment Book there is a coupon for Radio Shack that gives you $10 off $40. We used it at one near us and got the Magic Jack for $30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter