Magic Goes Texan! Eight Crazy Nights (3/1/2013 Bahamas)

skybroree said:
We are so excited about this cruise and we haven't told the kids yet!! This will be our first Disney Cruise and the fact that we get to spend a day at Disney is like icing on the cake!!

Our family includes: myself, DH, DD8 :smickey: DD6 :tink: & DD3 ::MinnieMo

Yay!! So exciting that it's your first time and how FUN that you are surprising your little girls. My DD6 LOVES the Disney Cruise more than just about anything in the world. We'll be doing MK on our park day. What about you guys?

Sorcerer-Mickey said:
:flower3: Good Morning from Colorado!! I am more than excited to announce my friends and I are going to join you on this fabulous trip!! My BFF and I are headed to the Magic and sailing out of TX a week from today Nov 3rd.

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Please tell! Since deciding to stay on this cruise, I remembered my very first (and would have been last, had we not tried DCL), horrible awful cruise, many years ago. Ok, well it wasn't ALL bad, but I was sick from Tampa all the way through the Gulf of Mexico. What was the motion like for you on this cruise?

After sailing out of Port Canaveral the last two times without a bit of trouble, I had honestly forgotten all about my first experience, but it does make me a little nervous now that I remember. I had to take Dramamine and was so out of it even the next day that I fell asleep on Paradise Beach and woke up hours later, burned to a crisp. Good times.

:wave2:We have cruised many times before (not dcl) but since they offered kids sail free it is to good of a deal to pass up and we are all so excited!! Our girls are teenagers but truly love anything Disney so better late than never. We would love to participate in the fish extender as well. We are 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters.:woohoo:

We have been to WDW many times but this is our first disney cruise.
We have 14 in our group 9 adults and 5 kids. Our group spands four generations. We are coming from RI, PA, CA and TX. We plan to arrive the day before because the weather could be a problem. Where is the best place to stay in Houston or Galveston? We have four state rooms and would be interested in taking part in the FE.

yaknyeti said:
:wave2:We have cruised many times before (not dcl) but since they offered kids sail free it is to good of a deal to pass up and we are all so excited!! Our girls are teenagers but truly love anything Disney so better late than never. We would love to participate in the fish extender as well. We are 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters.:woohoo:

Hi, and WELCOME!

DANMC said:
We have been to WDW many times but this is our first disney cruise.
We have 14 in our group 9 adults and 5 kids. Our group spands four generations. We are coming from RI, PA, CA and TX. We plan to arrive the day before because the weather could be a problem. Where is the best place to stay in Houston or Galveston? We have four state rooms and would be interested in taking part in the FE.

Sounds like an awesome family reunion! Welcome!

I just sailed the November 3 - 10th sailing out of Galveston. I am excited to now focus on this cruise. I love the itinerary. Our cabin is interested in doing the FE gifts. My friend and her two children will be going on this trip. (2 adults and 2 children 10 & 12). We look forward to getting to know all of you. :cloud9:

Sorcerer-Mickey said:
:flower3: Good Morning from Colorado!! I am more than excited to announce my friends and I are going to join you on this fabulous trip!! My BFF and I are headed to the Magic and sailing out of TX a week from today Nov 3rd. I am looking forward to getting away to a little beach and sunshine. Although, this cruise is what I am really getting excited about. This itinerary is amazing and I can not wait to be on an 8 day cruise with stops at Castaway Cay and WDW.

Has anyone started getting this cruise started with a FE page :surfweb: and some meet and greets or anything else? I have some fun ideas. Everyone have a great day and I look forward to meeting y'all here on the boards. :wave2:

I'm the lucky girl going with this awesome girl so excited!!!!!! We meet on the magic in 2007 at cast away cat and since have became great friends:) truelly blessed by her friendship

Sorcerer-Mickey said:
I just sailed the November 3 - 10th sailing out of Galveston. I am excited to now focus on this cruise. I love the itinerary. Our cabin is interested in doing the FE gifts. My friend and her two children will be going on this trip. (2 adults and 2 children 10 & 12). We look forward to getting to know all of you. :cloud9:

So weird getting off the ship time. This was our fourth cruise but the first time getting off knowing only a few short months and we will b sailing with Mickey again:) my kids had this best time they made some great friends at the edge and some of the kids in the line for customs we still rounding up numbers, getting one last hug in and crying. This was the first year both kids were in the edge and I gave them a taste of freedom to roam the ship with friends:)

Sorcerer-Mickey said:

Oh ha ha forgot to tell u what cruise this was. My DH DD DS and I went on the Wonder nov 4th til 11th to the Mexican Rivera. We did the big zip line excusions on both PV and Cabo. The one on PV was amazing I cried out of fear of the heights but it was worth it to be zipping through the jungle!!!

minniewitch01 said:
So weird getting off the ship time. This was our fourth cruise but the first time getting off knowing only a few short months and we will b sailing with Mickey again:) my kids had this best time they made some great friends at the edge and some of the kids in the line for customs we still rounding up numbers, getting one last hug in and crying. This was the first year both kids were in the edge and I gave them a taste of freedom to roam the ship with friends:)

Nov 4th -11th Mexican Rivera the Wonder

Hi everyone! We are now booked and ready to go! This will be our seventh cruise for DH (32) and I (31) but the first with the 2 boys who will be 2.5 and 5 months and our first time on DCL. I love cruising and I love Disney so figured that now we have kids, I can actually justify the cost of a Disney cruise (even if it means off season with a kids free promo just to be somewhat reasonable!) My in-laws (62 and 60) will be coming, too. This will be their first time cruising and they're not really Disney fans but they simply ADORE their two year old grandson so hopefully the magic will rub off on them a little!

We're going to be going you!

It'll be DH, myself and our two boys ages 7 and 8. They'll find out Christmas morning that they're going on their first Disney cruise!

Looking forward to joining this group.

minniewitch01 said:
I'm the lucky girl going with this awesome girl so excited!!!!!! We meet on the magic in 2007 at cast away cat and since have became great friends:) truelly blessed by her friendship

Hi and WELCOME!

ilovebassets said:
Hi everyone! We are now booked and ready to go! This will be our seventh cruise for DH (32) and I (31) but the first with the 2 boys who will be 2.5 and 5 months and our first time on DCL. I love cruising and I love Disney so figured that now we have kids, I can actually justify the cost of a Disney cruise (even if it means off season with a kids free promo just to be somewhat reasonable!) My in-laws (62 and 60) will be coming, too. This will be their first time cruising and they're not really Disney fans but they simply ADORE their two year old grandson so hopefully the magic will rub off on them a little!

Hi, and WELCOME! How fun that you get to cruise with the grandparents! I have been trying to talk our parents into joining us for years, but they're not having it. I wonder if your in-laws will be like my hubby, who was ready to re-book pretty much as soon as hit feet touched the dock.

Tiggs14 said:
We're going to be going you!

It'll be DH, myself and our two boys ages 7 and 8. They'll find out Christmas morning that they're going on their first Disney cruise!

Looking forward to joining this group.

Hi, and WELCOME! Stories of surprising kids on Christmas morning with news of the trip are my favorite! You'll have to tell us how they react!

So glad to see our number of cruisers increasing! Thank you for your responses on FE participation. Now that we know we have enough people to do a decent exchange, let's discuss deadline. Does 30 days out seem like a reasonable timeframe for closing the list?

Also, what about doing a meet while onboard? Anyone interested? With several sea days, maybe we could rustle up a card game or a group for wine tasting? Let me know what you think!

threewilmingtonwalls said:
So glad to see our number of cruisers increasing! Thank you for your responses on FE participation. Now that we know we have enough people to do a decent exchange, let's discuss deadline. Does 30 days out seem like a reasonable timeframe for closing the list?

Also, what about doing a meet while onboard? Anyone interested? With several sea days, maybe we could rustle up a card game or a group for wine tasting? Let me know what you think!

30 days sounds good and meeting up after embarking at the promenade will be awesome. Maybe we can all wear a Mickey name tags of some kind so we know who is part of the group. Love the idea of a card game or something

ilovebassets said:

Wow u r in for a huge treat. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. Our first I was 28 husband 32 DD 4 and DD 2 we also went with my husbands parents and my mom. My kids still remember it to this day my daughter more than my son. I think it's the biggest pile of dookie when I hear people say they don't want to take their kids to Disneyland or cruise because they don't think the kids will appeicate it or remember. 1st of all they appeicate it the most as toddlers the magic is so real for them and meeting all the characters means everything to them. Who cares if they remember everything or not your spending quality time with them and you will remember and always have pics to remind them. My kids are 10 and 12 now and they have an awesome time every time but truthfully the best times were when they believed in the magic. Experiencing Disney through your kids eyes is magical and the no words to describe the feeling u get when you see them so happy and in awe. Im preschool teacher so I hear it all the time and sometimes I want to just scream!!! I wish I could take them all just to share in their excitement and joy. I have one little girl in particular who every single time I put in a Disney song she transforms in to princess and she is taken away to her castle. Seriously your gonna love this cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter